Blackberry vs. Iphone- Which is more beneficial working in the fashion industry?

^yes, it is. I was so anti-curve because I thought all of the new, smalelr bberries were for children, but I got the curve and I am more of a crackberry addict than ever.

personally my opinion differs...

i had a blackberry that broke & started only working on speakerphone, then not at all.. :(
so i dunno if the new models are more reliable, thats just my experience with them, idk much bout the iphone though. :smile:

hmm that seems strange to me because in it's phone capacity (and it's ability to receive voicemails, email, etc.) it should work. And in fact, iphones are available in the UK, so if AT&T had an agreement with o2 it would be able to use the same network as the uk iphones and therefore function exactly the same.

edit: proof that I am smart and whoever you were talking to were morons :lol:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/questionsandanswers.html

if you scroll down it says 'can i use my iphone internationally' and it says it's quad band GSM and therefore will work around the world....

hmmm... that is strange that they would tell me false information!... i wasn't trying to argue with you though, i was just relaying what i was told.
they also said that the blackberry was better for emails, but that the i-phone was good for google etc...
who knows... anyway, i do like my curve a lot.

yes yes of course lucinda, i was just making a joke! This past summer I worked in a call centre for a big mobile network in Canada and experienced first hand how much false information would go out. It's difficult to stay on top of things. In terms of quality though, I had hardly any people have problems with blackberries. Treo's and the HC stuff....loads of issues.

i'm close to getting a blackberry... mainly because all the other phones on the market are ugly as sin...

I know a lot of people who use a Blackberry or a phone from HTC.

For me I still use my Nokia N80, it is still reliable.

Also most Nokia's can use a Blackberry plan.

Are you guys serious?
Blackberry made a name of itself because it worked fine with emails and didn't have any strong competitors (Windows Mobile and others are simply crap), but the iPhone is a revolution, the only reason they feared the iPhone could be handicapped was the lack of physical keyboard and the tactile one has proven to be good so the only thing that can keep you from buying and iPhone is the prize (and you all said that you travelled a lot so I assume that's not an issue really) or a situation like what somebody said about Conde Nast. If all other phone makers aren't RIP right now is because the iPhone is expensive therefor not for everyone.
Blackberry is a respected brand, but it's the same clunky and awkward cellphones have been for 10 years, iPhone is in another league.
I've been using a BB 8800 for months and it's fine, I like the design, it's elegant and all, and yes, you get your emails in, it works good with that and you become a crackberry and all, but there's no comparison.
(I would explain more about why but this post is too long already :glare: so you better check apple.com)
By the way, I tried to sync it with my MacBook Pro a few times and it woulnd't -_-

i was serving this guy at work the other day and he asked where the nearest dj shop was. not being from london he got out his iphone and started trying to use the map, but it wouldn't work (we were in soho the where the wireless cloud is based). he said it's slowly screwing up more and more... another friend has the same problem...

hopefully the touchscreen is better than my lg after use. my phone has become so unresponsive to touch... it's also a bugger when you're wearing gloves or somewhere really hot because it just NEVER works

I have never owned a blackberry, but I have an iphone and I enjoy it. The freezes are annoying, but this is a first generation iphone so issues are bound to happen. I have friends who did nothing but complain about the blackberry when it first came out. Give the iphone time it will only get better. I think each phone has it's place and it's a matter of preference. I prefer Mac and the OS system to Windows, thus why I have an iphone. ^_^

I have a palm treo which works great. Although I think blackberrys are overrated, it really doesn't matter what you have as long as you can check your email and have a calender...

In terms of functionality, all RIM (Blackberry) devices are superior. However when it comes to interface, the iPhone is the clear winner. If you're good at digging through menus I would recommend a Blackberry. I'm an iPhone owner and love it, but it definitely caters to a market that isn't business oriented. :smile:

until they fix all of the problems in the iphone, a blackberry is the best.

iPhone is more for younger people, all business people seem to prefer Blackberry. Personally I like iPhone. Fashionwise, I think it's better too.

I had a Blackberry for a little over a year and it was perfectly fine. Its very good when it comes to email but the Web browser leaves a lot to be desired and the overall ease of use was OK.

I recently switched to an iPhone and I prefer it for the time being though it does take some getting used to in terms of the touch screen. I think both phones are good and very useful when it comes to business - I had a few issues with my Blackberry in terms of it breaking down on me BUT i chalk that up to the fact that the first model I got was a bit of a lemon. After I switched it calmed down.

When it comes to business usage I believe that any phone with wireless capability and email ability will be good regardless of whether or not its one of these two. The Palm Treo is also a good option I've been told. If you already own a Mac and would like to sync your computer and phone then I say get an iPhone. This has brought a lot of ease into my life quite frankly.

However if you are a PC user I believe that a Blackberry might be a better option. Also at the moment the bills for the international use of the iPhone are a bit steep so if you are going to be traveling a great deal it would be wise to look into that.

Either phone is very good, I don't buy all this "one phone sucks/one phone is just totally awesome" thing. I've used both and both have drawbacks. Your best bet is to sit down with each at your phone dealership and try them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using my iPhone to type this but you should get the iPhone. It has the same functions as the blackberry but one downside is that the battery runs out very easily.

the reason why business people prefer Crackberry is because it retrieves emails from work (the company's email server).

i found this out when i was given an iPhone days before its premiere. i was so excited and couldnt wait to use it .... when all of a sudden, little did i know my world was slowly shattering before me, i wasn't able to get into my company's email server!:o:angry:.

(i left my crackberry at work. :cry:)

...i was in a panic. i couldnt remember anyone's email addy to call out for help. i was soooooooo pissed at my free iPhone.

... very cool from the outside. very bad for a businessman/woman.

... since then, it's only and the only smartphone i carry with me. My Crackberry Curve. it makes the person feel good. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using my iPhone to type this but you should get the iPhone. It has the same functions as the blackberry but one downside is that the battery runs out very easily.

isn't there a faulty lot out with short battery lifes? read a very very long review where the bloke took his back then the 2nd one was great

I obtain my company e-mail including my freelance work from my iphone, it's just a matter of setting the account up like in "outlook" so it "retrieves" rather than gets it instantly like on the blackberry. I don't find the iphone impractical at all, and it's hardly just for the "young" crowd. ^_^

Apple will be introducing the SDK (software kit) in the summer, which is said to finally be able to rival the business blackberry market. I can't wait!:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->