Blackberry

Will you please tell me, how's the new track pad? I'm used to the good old track ball.:unsure:

^^ I have the new Bold and LOVE the trackpad. I could never go back to the ball after this. My trackball used to get stuck or have trouble moving side to side... It was very moody! I had it replaced twice but it still gave me problems. The trackpad is pretty much flawless.

^ doesnt ur BB get jammed though? ive heard so many people complain about the track pad :S

its so confusing for me now.. i cant decide which one i want :(

I ordered a new bb Curve 8520 today :smile:

Arrived! I love it! The trackpad is good. This is my first BB so I can't compare with other blackberries but everything works very well.
It's just a cheaper blackberry version. Wireless internet connection etc, everything is ok.
Really happy with it :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to change my phone but I don't know if buy BB or iPhone, what do you think? Who works better?

^Blackberry's are the ultimate phone. Iphone's distract, with a good Blackberry there is no messing about and the email function is super cool and super fast.

And lets face it Blackberry's are much better to look at.

I want to change my phone but I don't know if buy BB or iPhone, what do you think? Who works better?

Hmm the only thing Blackberries are better than Iphones is the Blackberry messenger, if you are interested in that then definitely go for the blackberry but other than that IPhone trumps blackerries...there are tons of amazing applications, the internet is fantastic and it doesnt crash or jam...tons of space for music pics etc...both of these phones are fantastic but with an iphone you have more options (applications) and if you are a mac person you will totally fall in love with it its an amazing technology my suggestion would be try both of them at the stores and research each phone carefully and see :flower:

I have a little bit of facebook application question.
For those in the UK, does anybody have a contract with "3"? if one of you do, could you please tell me if it is ACTUALLY POSSIBLE to just text the word FBOOK to the number given in order to get the PIN so i can get "sound notifications" :blush: whenever you get a message/invitation or whatever on facebook? cos everytime i try the text can't be sent , like it doesn't recognise it :angry:
Thanks

I would never, ever, change back to another phone than a Blackberry.
I never had a touch screen phone but I imagine it to be difficult.. I guess it's something you need to get used to.

I'd never switch to another phone either. Mainly because I hate touch-screen phones, but also because my BB is perfect for my use. And I love having the full keyboard. Plus, if you really want to play with apps, just get an iPod Touch. You can download apps on it too :smile:

This being said, I think there are two downsides: the battery's life (but that may be because I'm BBMing/emailing/texting/calling/surfing on the Internet all day) + the fact that it freezes quite often.

I have the curve and it's driving me mad - it freezes at times and no matter what I do I can't get the email set up to work properly (I suppose that might be a service provider issue but it's still annoying)

I've had the 8100 Pearl, the 8300 Curve, the 8310 Curve, the 8800, the 9000 Bold, the 9700 Bold, the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 3G S. I've also had lots of other phones for a while like the Xperia X10 (Android) and Windows Mobile phones but really the only two worth going for are iPhone and Blackberry. The android is truly awful. Amazing spec on the handset but poor screen responsiveness, poor call quality and too complicated to use.

Basically the phone you get depends on what you're comfortable with. The iPhone is easy to use right out of the box, has a fantastic selection of genuinely useful apps, and a FAR better internet experience.

Battery though, not as good as the blackberry, and also I find that when roaming, the blackberry is significantly cheaper to use (for data). Also good on the blackberry is the 'feeling' of reliability and durability. I don't think it's any more durable than an iPhone but they do tend to feel more robust. Stay away from the Storm though, you will regret it. Why buy a blackberry that doesn't have the key feature of the blackberry - a comfortable keyboard?

Now, as regards Keyboard, the Bold 9000 has the best keyboard on any phone ever, hands down. The 8800 is a close second.

The keyboard on the Curves is quite loud when you're trying to text discretely and also it's very small. It's still very good, and back when the three options were 8100, 8300 and 8800 it was the Curve (8300) that I went for because it offered the best balance between features, size and usability.

The Pearl has suretype which drove me mad, but is actually quite easy to get used to if you give it a day or two.

But the iPhone.

The keyboard is genuinely FANTASTIC. It's accurate, responsive, really big buttons, has auto-correct (that you can tell not to as well), like it's a joy to use, and then the best thing is that it goes away when you don't need it so you can use the whole screen for the best internet experience, for bigger videos, etc.

You will at first, find the physical keyboard of the blackberry reassuring and helpful, you know where you are with it, but with the iPhone, you realize that you don't need physical buttons and a tangible click to know you've typed the right thing, you will get used to it and you'll find it a joy to just give a feather-light touch of the screen rather than the effort of pressing a button.

So decision time. and a few last factors!

Cost! Go for what's on special offer! You will be happy with either. If a blackberry is £300 and an iPhone's free, get an iPhone. If an iPhone's £200 but on £45 a month and the blackberry is £200 on £15 a month, get a blackberry.

Travelling: What's your priority? Staying in touch (email / msn mad?) or finding your way around.
The iPhone has unrivalled local apps for when you're travelling. Interactive Tube maps for example, but if you want to stay in touch and there's not free WiFi everywhere, data roaming is horrifically expensive. On the Blackberry, it works out a lot cheaper to leave data roaming turned on than it does on the iPhone and you can stay in touch quite easily that way.

I carry both the 3G S iphone and the Blackberry Bold 9700 and am REALLY happy with this combo. iPhone great for music, videos, web when I have WiFi, tube maps, travel guides, camera, etc... and Blackberry great for emailing, msn, uploading photos to facebook, tweeting, etc.

Hope that's a bit helpful. Happy to answer any questions!

iPhone 4 or Blackberry BOLD

major dilemma. im upgrading my phone next month and am tossing up between the new iphone or the blackberry bold

i've never had a phone by either companies so im asking to get some feedback from those in the know :smile:

i absolutely love the look of the blackberry but dont wanna be dissapointed with lack of functions compared to iphone. though, im not hugely worried about all the fancy gadgets the iphone comes with but curious that i might find them really useful

i havent been able to physically use either one because they wouldnt let me open the blackberry in store to use and the iphone is just about to come out in australia so what do you al think???

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, iPhone4 of course! :smile:

I follow and read many tech news and reviews. There is no reason why you should be getting a Bold. At all. Never. Ever.

There are so many bad reviews of the iPhone4. So many that I just heard on the news that Apple censors some forums....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->