Boston Street Style

it's mixed and is what makes it exciting. We have GuccI, Sonia Rykiel, St John, Escada, Chanel, And YST in NM. LV, Hermes, Valentino. Barneys, Saks, Anthrpologie, Longchamp, Jimmy Choo, Ralph Lauren Polo, La Coste, Burberry, and so much more. all the shops are in the Prudential Mall or Newbury St or Boylston St. My fav shop Louis is on Berkeley st (from Newbury to Boylston)
Filene's old Basement closes this week. A pity it is where I pick up my Chanels and other top designers for a song.

Last edited by a moderator:
so right. Beacon Hill is more Preppy. Back Bay, hipper, South Boston Big Hair South End trendy. Downtown Crossing, UGH!

You can thumb your nose at uggs but when you experience one of our cold bitter winter days, we ugg wearers will have the last laugh :smile::P

The number of top designer shops is big, and you name Louis and barneys only tsk, tsk

I thought about volunteering for Fashion Week as well, but Im not sure of my schedule and if I will have the time.

I was *THIS* close to doing makeup on some of the models, but it didnt work out.

I saw this women walking on Mass Ave in Cambridge the other day who was fabulous! I wish I had a camera with me, but I'll describe what I saw:

Black opaque tights, black lace up oxford heels with patent detail, a black skirt peeking out of an iridescent blue 3/4 sleeve swingy style coat with large button details and a black leather bag..she had beautiful creamy skin and red hair pulled up in an updo! It was so chic for Boston and it just made me smile because its so rare (esp in Cambridge) to see a woman really go for it in terms of fashion. I wish I had time to ask her where her coat was from because it was great -- looked very Chloe-esque in the shape and material.

I just find it hard sometimes to really want to wear what I have in Boston. I get these weird looks all the time if I wear heels out during the day or some piece that is unique. Sometimes I wish Boston was more like NYC or a major European city where dressing matters. But then again, my mom made a good point to me once that if everyone was like that, there would be no diversity and I'd sink into the background. Oh well..

in response to someone talking about ugg boots. HELLO they are slippers, you are not suppose to wear them out of the house. everyone in boston is wearing them and looking so crapp/lazy/skanky/trashy whatever. everyone outiside of new zealand and australia needs to know ugg boots are not a fashion item, they are slippers.

excuse me i'm australian. we invented ugg boots. the name comes from the word ugly. americans took the name and started wearing them outdoors. they even told us for a long time that we could not use the name ugg boots. i don't care of they say they are for outside. anyone that does this is stupid. seriously. they have no idea.

^^ that's a bit harsh...

no need to attack boston/bostonians specifically for the ugg boots outdoors look..
people all over america are doing it..

websites all over recommend them for outdoors and there are many versions with thick soles and treads made specifically for the outdoors..

moving on and getting back on topic...
Boston style for the most part is uninteresting but I've certainly seen a few rays of light among the clouds :cool:

^^ that's a bit harsh...

no need to attack boston/bostonians specifically for the ugg boots outdoors look..
people all over america are doing it..

websites all over recommend them for outdoors and there are many versions with thick soles and treads made specifically for the outdoors..

moving on and getting back on topic...
Boston style for the most part is uninteresting but I've certainly seen a few rays of light among the clouds :cool:

I totally agree.

Its a look that has affected the country EVERYWHERE.

I actually see it more in DC than Boston.

sorry if it was harsh but i lived in boston for 5 months and all i ever saw was ugg boots. it's just something that got to me. it's an australian icon, an australian way of life and then suddenly the americans came and sue us over our own name. for a while we had to make up other names in catalogues for the boots. because the american's wanted to use our name ugg. and wouldn't allow us to use it. i get quite fired up over it haha.
i do realize they make them more suitable for the outdoors. but they just look so terrible. it's not something that someone of style should wear. ha sorry. i'll shutup now.
i've lived in a few other cities on the east coast and never saw them as much as in boston. i didn't see many in dc, but i wasn't there for as long. just a couple of weeks.

ah, but they are perfect for our winters and so somfortable for some one with foot problems. My first pair were made in New Zealong. My new ones in Au, Jumbo Uggs!

sorry if it was harsh but i lived in boston for 5 months and all i ever saw was ugg boots. it's just something that got to me. it's an australian icon, an australian way of life and then suddenly the americans came and sue us over our own name. for a while we had to make up other names in catalogues for the boots. because the american's wanted to use our name ugg. and wouldn't allow us to use it. i get quite fired up over it haha.
i do realize they make them more suitable for the outdoors. but they just look so terrible. it's not something that someone of style should wear. ha sorry. i'll shutup now.
i've lived in a few other cities on the east coast and never saw them as much as in boston. i didn't see many in dc, but i wasn't there for as long. just a couple of weeks.

maybe it's because MA is further north and has harsher winters?
i would definitely agree that the ugg boots are ugly...
but i have to also confess that i own a pair and still consider them to be one of the best purchases i've made :ninja::lol:

nothing else keeps my feet so warm in the winter and provides the same level of comfort..
i think that is what is so attractive about the ugg boots to so many bostonians..

whatever legal stuff went on is unfortunate and i can't claim to know much about it, but i will definitely continue to wear my uggs this winter..
and i definitely wouldn't say that i am an un-stylish person..
sometimes warmth and comfort just wins though :P
you just have to try a little harder to balance the ugliness of the uggs with a cool outfit :wink:
draw the eyes upward :lol:

Yeah I agree. Y'all need to fallback and calm yourself a bit because comfort wins in this situation. The winters are harsh up here.

"ewww boston is so boring. no style and nothing to offer. sorry"

Um yea, so thanks for being so rude and bashing my city.

Boston style is very diverse, it all depends on where in the city you are. Newbury street and Beacon hill you'll see alot of pricey designer looks, where in Cambridge you tend to see alot of boho looks. Its a beautiful city, WITH ALOT TO OFFER.

I just like that it's suddenly Boston's fault that americans wear ugg boots. I don't even like them or own them, but it's all over the country, it's not some Boston trend. And wearing uggs in the harsh winters of Boston is better than the people who wear them with miniskirts in LA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->