Boston Street Style

^thank you. Its not as bad as everyone makes it seem. there are worst places, and not everyone is perfect in every place either in boston or new york :D

My problem with Boston is along the lines of what GlissadeJete said....

If you aren't one of the people in fleece or UGGS and actually make an effort on your clothes you're an outcast to many.
I just don't think the majority of Bostonians appreciate fashion.

JMHO.

Like I've said before in this thread, I very much like that I'm one of the few people I know who puts effort into how they dress. It makes it easier to stand out, easier to look better than the rest. If the average person looked great, it would be so much work to look better than average! :P

I don't think anyone is being rude. :huh:
If so, I think the hate is aimed at pj's and UGGS... not Boston itself.
:wink:

awww thank you, brokenenglish!!
My style isn't even that eccentric which is why the comments are most sad. I feel like that attitude is one that may discourage others from expressing themselves

I am definitely not bashing Boston as a city. I have seen quite a few fabulous people around my south end neighborhood. The restaurants are amazing. Drinks are cheaper than NYC and the city is beautiful and historic. I'm new to Boston and I just can't help but be a little homesick.

Like I've said before in this thread, I very much like that I'm one of the few people I know who puts effort into how they dress. It makes it easier to stand out, easier to look better than the rest. If the average person looked great, it would be so much work to look better than average! :P

^ That's a great way to look at it. I wish I shared your confidence.

I try to stand out and look fashionably acceptable hahaha. I do own UGGs but I only have them for resisting hypothermia >.> I do not wear them during spring and summer.

I don't know if any of you have read the chunky thick knitwear thread in the trends section, but on runways there were HUGE knits and well....I wanted one hahah...real cheap...so today I went to the yarn store and got huge yarn :D my mother is finishing off the scarf just now. Just you wait Boston...

Funny thing is I don't find UGGS all that great....
for cold- you can't beat them but if it's that wet sloppy rain/snow Boston tends to get alot of they always just get sopping wet and stinky.
I am thinking of some nice rubber boots maybe.....

^ That's a great way to look at it. I wish I shared your confidence.

the way I see it, I'm not beautiful, I'm not going to stand out based on my looks alone. the only way I can make myself more beautiful is by focusing on the part of my appearance I can change, my clothes.

and rubber boots are essential around here when you get that snow/rain/slush build up on the street corners.

I just ordered a pair of blk patent 14 hole doc martens for sloshing around Boston!! Nothing is better than patent on a yucky day! Aside from that I have been wearing my black frye dorado low knee high flat boots and with nice warm socks they work just fine!!!

The doc martens sound great. I love patent! Heh, I got these black patent boots (La Canadienne) and they are amazing in the snow/rain here..also warm because they are fleece-lined. I have been wearing them pretty much every day since I got them. Just checked out your style diary GlissadeJete-- I really love the red boots in your most recent post on there.

Yes, there are some things I really like about Boston-- just frustrated w/ how the Uggs/Northface is sort of like a "uniform" here..and some of the attitude. (The weather doesn't help though...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do hate Northface with a passion. There used to be a girl I didn't like at work and I would bash her Northface fleece to my gay best friend co-workers hahaha.

Im so glad I got my wellies from MJ. I have already worn them so much, and protected all o fmy shoes.

i had never seen that before... thanks for the link :flower:

i used to go to middlesex all the time (on saturday nights) and it's definitely a different sort of crowd on that night than the crowd in the photographs there :lol:
that site definitely seems to follow more of a hipster scene i think..

i had never seen that before... thanks for the link :flower:

i used to go to middlesex all the time (on saturday nights) and it's definitely a different sort of crowd on that night than the crowd in the photographs there :lol:
that site definitely seems to follow more of a hipster scene i think..

So...what is Middlesex like on a Sat then.

I dont know anywhere good to go in this town.

So...what is Middlesex like on a Sat then.

I dont know anywhere good to go in this town.

Usually it's a mix of hip hop and sort of Classics (they advertise DJ Kon Classics on their calendar outside).. so a lot of old favorites..
if you're with a fun group of people it can be a good time but one of the bouncers is a big time a**hole on a power trip which is part of the reason i stopped going..
i also got sick of going to the same place all the time :P

it can be a fun sort of relaxed place to go though and the drinks arern't too expensive..

Usually it's a mix of hip hop and sort of Classics (they advertise DJ Kon Classics on their calendar outside).. so a lot of old favorites..
if you're with a fun group of people it can be a good time but one of the bouncers is a big time a**hole on a power trip which is part of the reason i stopped going..
i also got sick of going to the same place all the time :P

it can be a fun sort of relaxed place to go though and the drinks arern't too expensive..

Doesnt sound like my scene at all.

I hate hip hop to start with.

I live in Boston and I agree - you're not going to find a lot of inspiration in the street style here, creativity is lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->