Boston Street Style

I wouldn't say Boston is unstylish, but I agree that it's a bit conservative in the sense that a lot of people are very generic, I wouldn't ever classify boston style as "edgy". Still, I see some very stylish and well-dressed people around, just not as many as you would see in, say, NYC. Of course, new york is in a league of its own, I agree that you can't compare the two.

it-boy's nature said:
you ,yourself mentioned that you know some of the coolest, edgiest poeple and holding them at praise for thier "egdy" style is indeed bias as opposed to actually being "open minded" and seeking good traits in the style of bostonians and excuse me if i associate "wild street style" as i called it, with edge but they do serve to the same kind of style that most of us here at TFS are familiar with that is densly concentrated in cities such as Paris,Milan,Tokyo liverpool and...New York City

Of course your entitled to your opinion, same way that i am to mine but i saw it as a responsibitly as a current resident of Boston to call you out on what you see as simply an opinion when in reality it comes off as offensive.

I'm not saying put your censors on, but don't expect not to be challenged.

i feel like this whole thing has gotten way off topic...like I said three posts back, ppl have the right to an opinion...You think Boston is a stylish city, I don't...and those are our respective opinions, I dont think we need to "challenging" anyone's opinions here...again this is a forum so let's let everyone say what they want....

On that note, I'm going to drop it and move on to something else...ONe thing I meant to point out was that while this is a Boston post, there are kids with pretty cool style in Allston and Cambridge...if you go see indie bands play shows over there you actually have some cool looks pop up...B)

Last edited by a moderator:
AmericanBaby said:
i feel like this whole thing has gotten way off topic...like I said three posts back, ppl have the right to an opinion...You think Boston is a stylish city, I don't...and those are our respective opinions, I dont think we need to "challenging" anyone's opinions here...again this is a forum so let's let everyone say what they want....

On that note, I'm going to drop it and move on to something else...ONe thing I meant to point out was that while this is a Boston post, there are kids with pretty cool style in Allston and Cambridge...if you go see indie bands play shows over there you actually have some cool looks pop up...B)

Sounds good, I'll have to check that out...:smile:

I tend to lump all those areas together when I think of "Boston"

I definitely hang out more in Cambridge than in Boston... the people there tend to be younger and a little more creative/adventurous with their outfits ^_^

it's-boy nature, I completely agree with you in every way.

I'm going to take pictures of this girl in my art studio class. I think she has fantastic style. :smile:

P.s Boston doesn't have to be 'edgy' to be stylish.

I saw a ton of stylish people this weekend, mainly around Newbury St.

I didnt have the time to stop and take pics though.

Does anyone have shopping tips?

Whatever the style is like -I'm looking forward to a bit of a shopping frenzy over the next two weeks -I'm flying out tomorrow (will try to post some street pics). Am really looking forward to it!

fashun.jpg

just my sister again galavanting boston with her simple classic style.

:flower::heart:personal picture.

Thanks for the link dreamecho -I'm just back from a very successful day's shopping here!

Typical Boston coast style (if you want me to resize the pic more I will, I can't really tell if it stretched the page)

Personal picture

DSC00596.jpg

hmm, this thread is interesting. while i agree that boston is no new york (but it's silly to compare the two anyway) i don't think boston is completely unstylish. if you hang around newbury street, which is mostly tourists anyway, you will see a very generic style...lots of chanel accesories, mostly upscale designer peices that are easily recognizable. BUT in cambridge & allston & somerville & other various cities right outside of boston, there's a more eclectic mix, people taking more risks etc.
p.s - we need more pictures in this thread!

I'm moving to Boston in the fall (school of course). I can't wait explore the city as far as fashion goes, especially students.
I'll be sure to post pictures of what I find.
Anyway, when I went for orientation, I was fairly impressed by the students at my school. Probably because they were from all around the country. idk

to be continued....

I'm hoping to land a few because I signed up for volunteer work. Other than that I really wanna go to the teen event on September 7th...

I think I'm going to attend the Teen event, also. Everything else is up in the air.
How did you manage to sign-up to volunteer?

I unfortunately agree and I live in Boston. But what I really find unfortunate is is that a good majority of 20-somethings at my college look like they jumped right out of an ad for American Apparel. There is no diversity and clearly no one who is interested in high fashion. And if they are, well, they aren't showing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->