Carolyn Bessette Kennedy

What a hot couple they were. I still have all my VOGUEs from back then with shots of her in them. It was hard not to be smitten with them. What a shame we couldn't watch the grow old gracefully. But thankfully all these memories are alive and well. And WOW. Still so stylish right?! CLASSIC.

My cousin works in bridal fashion and she said Carolyn's wedding dress design is still at the top all these years later in most of the stores she sells to.

tumblr_lfqro1fuks1qfcc5no2_500.jpg

I've never seen this photo before.

Also from Carolyn Bessette Kennedy tumblr

^ Her style and looks were always outstanding, but I was always a little curious about all of these stories of how men constantly fell at her feet because of her sexiness...In person there must have been some chemistry, because she looks like many other attractive models, Vogue staffers, society girls, etc...Caroline must have had some hidden powers over men! (Which has been known to happen from time to time, trust me!!) :wink:

limo I think these pics have been posted before, you might want to scroll on back and see to prevent reposts.:flower:

Thanks for the link to that article, Boomer. I think Carolyn must have had that "it" factor.

Ashcottmanor, I do try to be careful about reposts. I checked back all of the pages and didn't see either of these photos posted before on the forum. Maybe they were once here and are no longer available or it was off site. :flower:

CBK is one of my favorite style icons, but I realized, even after all these years, I know next to nothing about her. I mean, I know she worked for Calvin Klein and that her personality was the opposite of pictures: she was warm and vivacious, not an ice-queen. But I don't know what she had planned to do with her life. What were her goals? She clearly wasn't just JFK Jr.'s wife only.

Can anybody rec any good biographies?

But I don't know what she had planned to do with her life. What were her goals? She clearly wasn't just JFK Jr.'s wife only.

Someone else may have a better response to your question. This is the closest I can find to an answer. I wonder what projects she was planning.

Recently, I saw her in my shop on Fifth Avenue. I said, ‘Carolyn, what are you doing here?’ I never saw her more happy. She was full of projects. I was making fun of her, saying, ‘What do you do all day, sit at home just waiting for the next party? That’s not you.’ She said, ‘Just you wait and see.’
--Donatella Versace

thekennedylegacy.tumblr.com

http://i48.***********/u/f48/11/78/63/65/tumblr13.jpg

http://i48.***********/u/f48/11/78/63/65/tumblr14.jpg

^i absolutely love the first shot here, how inspirational! was this from an editorial?

^i absolutely love the first shot here, how inspirational! was this from an editorial?

That picture is mentioned in the book 'What Remains'. Carole showed it too her. That photo was in Vogue or harpers bazaar? Carolyn was on central station in New York and I think the article said: the perfect casual friday outfit.

Anyone got an idea how did she get her hair styled/staying that way it is in the latest photoes where she keeps it loose? I'd love that look but my hair gets all flat or stiff if I add too much spray etc.

Would it help to have thicker or softer hair texture to achieve that look?

CBK's imagined minimalist "in her bag" feature from Harper's Bazaar November 1998 :heart::
cbkhb.JPG
ellastica scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avococo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->