Chanel Accessories / Jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sick of Chanel pasting its logo on every random thing and making it 'cool' in an instant. It doesn't work anymore and enough already. This is not creativity or design at its finest: this is all complete marketing trash that has no real merit other than selling crap to people who walk around looking like a dumpster yard for designer items.

Take any random thing from the street and put two CCs on it, and then you have something priceless and gorgeous? Pls. It is boring. And I usually adore Chanel jewelry btw.

It works for people who know nothing about fashion. They see a hideous, say, hairclip, then they spot a CC or LV, it suddenly looks gorgeous and they will pay 10 billion for the hairclip. In places like China, people shop for labels.

I suggest that we can all put a CC on our heads. Then we'll be the hottest and the most stylish kids in the universe.

It works for people who know nothing about fashion. They see a hideous, say, hairclip, then they spot a CC or LV, it suddenly looks gorgeous and they will pay 10 billion for the hairclip. In places like China, people shop for labels.

I suggest that we can all put a CC on our heads. Then we'll be the hottest and the most stylish kids in the universe.
If it counts, one time, about ten years ago, I shaved an interlocking CC on the side of my head and colored it gold. True story.
And I agree with you and pasha, those accessories are tacky. Everything was better 2000-2005 as far as Chanel accessories.

^ I like it too...I seem to have this odd fascination with all things Paris/Moscow- and I don't know why... :unsure:

^ For me it's the irony of putting a Chanel inter-linked double C in the centre of a communist star.
Plus I love all things Russian.

Totally agree I'm so sick of seeing CC everywhere!They should know better that this is not good for their brand image. I wish I had the money to buy Hermes. Chanel is becoming the new LV.

If it counts, one time, about ten years ago, I shaved an interlocking CC on the side of my head and colored it gold. True story.
And I agree with you and pasha, those accessories are tacky. Everything was better 2000-2005 as far as Chanel accessories.

lol, that is hilarious.:lol: Was it your social-conscious response to the logo-mania frenzy of the late 90s?

:lol:

I have two pairs of authentic Chanel earrings, but used to have three. The third pair I had replaced and/or repaired a total of three times before I told them I wanted to get something else in exchange so ended up getting a very plain necklace, just a metal chain with a small metal CC on it. Of one of the two pairs of earrings I have now, the little plates that are on the back of the earrings that are the "authentication" stamps have both fallen off. These earrings were over $300, I wear them maybe 2 times per week and I've never worn then in the shower, or to bed. I truthfully don't think the costume jewelry is worth the money. Just my opinion.

^ Wow- sorry to hear that! :( I always was under the impression that their stuff was the standard of the world! :huh:

^ Personally I find that it depends on what the jewelry is made of. I have a leather/metal cuff which I can wear anywhere/doing anything and it never shows a mark. Some of the pieces with diamante/pearls can be a little delicate though...

Having said that, I have quite a few vintage pieces and none of the metal plates have fallen off (touch wood).

true...I just don't think that metal and plastic stick together very well...

:wink:

tbh, i don't think there's a lotta difference quality and material wise between costume jewelry from Chanel and H&M/Accesorize...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->