Chanel Cerf Tote

mbardot

Reaction score
Chanel tote (caviar)

Hi everyone, I have been a lurker for quite some time now, but I just couldn't help it...I had to come out and post something:smile:.

I'm definitly a purse and shoe gal, and currently I'm deciding on a new tote. I have LV's Luco and Babylone, but I really want a classic black Chanel.

One of my clients had a beautiful one that I thought was a Hermes at first glance, but it turns out it's a Chanel, anyhow...long story short, do any of you have this tote? If so, do you have a picture? My client did not know the name nor the price (as her lovely husband bought it for her), so I don't know which one to order (the closest Chanel boutique is five hours away).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is it the one from Chanel Cambon range? They have a large tote with the big logo on the side?

No. Sorry:blush: I put caviar in the title but not in the message. It is in the caviar and it comes in brown or black.

have you tried calling the chanel boutique and asking them? they should know and be able to give you a price. :flower:

I did call a chanel boutique, and I do have one on hold, but I wanted to just make sure I was buying the right one (I hate returning things). However, I think I'm just going to take my chances and go for it...I will post pics when I get it.

I purchased this bag a few weeks ago and ended up returning it because it's not structured and tends to slouch. The salesperson also told me that with time, the leather gets softer and will continue to slouch.

mbardot said:
I did call a chanel boutique, and I do have one on hold, but I wanted to just make sure I was buying the right one (I hate returning things). However, I think I'm just going to take my chances and go for it...I will post pics when I get it.

sounds good. and do post those photos when you get it! :woot: :heart:

maybe it's the large 2.55...i think i faintly recall seeing a bag w/ the hermes shape either in the catalogue (which you can access online) or at the boutique. ask them to dsend you digital pics of it

hey everyone. Meowmix, do you mean that chanel has some kind of a catalogue online that you can access? if yes, please tell me how. thanx.

Yeah I wanna know if there is an online catalouge too

NY City Girl said:
hey everyone. Meowmix, do you mean that chanel has some kind of a catalogue online that you can access? if yes, please tell me how. thanx.

If you go onto the Chanel website, to fashion, then collections, you can select accesories. It doesn't give you classic ones though, only cambon, and some of the other new styles. Mostly those featured in AD campaigns.

MJCouture said:
It doesn't give you classic ones though, only cambon, and some of the other new styles. Mostly those featured in AD campaigns.

that's what i hate about it! i wish it were more comprehensive and showed the entire range... :(

I know so frustrating! Which is why I had to take a little trip to check out the totes at close range.

I'm glad I did, because I think I changed my mind. I never liked the cambon line, but there is a tote (black on black) that I just fell in love with. I found out, that the original tote I was interested in is called the "cerf" tote, but after spotting the cambon flap bag I think I'm going to go with that one.

What do you guys think? Should I go with something very Chanel (the cambon line), that's a little, should I say, showy; that would work for the gym, work and errands. Or, should I go with the classic tote, that will probably be more timeless in the long run. Heck, I might just buy both. I don't know, what is a girl to do:lol:

Here is a TOTALLY FAKE pic of the cambon tote, but I couldn't copy or link the real piece from Chanel's website...so if you go online to Chanel's site it's the last picture under ligne cambon:

Here is a picture (not sure if real) of the cerf tote:

91_1_b.JPG

Thanks so much in advance!

definitely the cerf one!
i saw someone carrying the bag and i fell in love with it..
i went to the boutique but they didnt have it in stock....
anyways. please dont get the cambon........

Yep. I think that's the one I'm going to go with:smile:. I just think it will be the best choice in the long run. Thanks so much for the input guys!

Now on to my Balenciaga hunt: black or white classique...hmmmm

definitely get the cerf tote... it's absolutely stunning and will definitely withstand the test of time :heart:

The Chanel botique at short hills in NJ had the cerf, you can order one from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->