Chloé F/W 2024.25 Paris

Norma is such a perfect match for the brand.

Ahh I realized I called her Norma by accident. I meant Chemena lol. "Norma Kamali" is still in my mind!! Anyways, she's going to be a star creative director of this decade, I'll definitely remember her name going forward.

This was such a great debut, quite impressive to capture the DNA of Chloé in her first collection. When she took the bow, I didn't expect her to be that much of a perfect personification of the brand herself.
It's also clever to reclaim that very specific space Chloé enjoyed before, this kind of boho, free-spirited yet chic woman but at the same not too overtly romantic or extremely quirky. I think many brands are pushing too far in the minimalist "quiet luxury" direction or the quirky, edgy, young, attention screaming direction. Or aren't sure what they stand for to begin with.

I didn't even mind the rather abundant push for the sunglasses and jewelry as it was quite well styled. But the lack of any original, desirable bags and shoes can be rather problematic for the brand.

P.S. I loved seeing Jerry Hall in the front row, with her beautiful & distinct smile. She exudes cool, and the ethereal 70s feeling of the catwalk - the long hair, head bands, legs legs legs - it's all her.

I love the femininity of this collection. It's something that Fashion needed more and I'm glad it came from Chloe.

Not only it has the most visits in Vogue runway Instagram’s page, it’s also the most talked about show of the season in TFS. I totally think the hype is real.

And 99% of the comments are positive. When was the last time that happened in TFS? 😂

I don’t know, I love her already. She seems to have an enthusiasm and an energy that is refreshing to see…And it’s not caricatural like having a Brasilian band playing at your show. It doesn’t look or feel performative.

I think the warm response she got for her debut is because she totally understand Chloé. It’s refreshing to see a collection where everything seems to reflect the idea of the brand. The bags are not a « Chloe version of a Chanel or Hermes bag ». The styling is very Chloé, the color palette is very Chloé…

It’s something very familiar but somehow that we have missed. She is a CD so she has an ego but it’s not overpowering the brand. Hearst didn’t work at the service of the brand…

And this aesthetic is a style, not a trend. Boho chic can evolve in many ways but a woman dressed in those clothes would never look like a fashion victim.

A lot of things that are deemed as modern may not have the long lasting power of this type of fashion.

And it’s a difficult thing to do. We see Isabel Marant with the Parisian version of this (Chloe is the international version of that style) struggle to make it modern.

I don’t know, I love her already. She seems to have an enthusiasm and an energy that is refreshing to see…And it’s not caricatural like having a Brasilian band playing at your show. It doesn’t look or feel performative.

I think the warm response she got for her debut is because she totally understand Chloé. It’s refreshing to see a collection where everything seems to reflect the idea of the brand. The bags are not a « Chloe version of a Chanel or Hermes bag ». The styling is very Chloé, the color palette is very Chloé…

It’s something very familiar but somehow that we have missed. She is a CD so she has an ego but it’s not overpowering the brand. Hearst didn’t work at the service of the brand…

And this aesthetic is a style, not a trend. Boho chic can evolve in many ways but a woman dressed in those clothes would never look like a fashion victim.

A lot of things that are deemed as modern may not have the long lasting power of this type of fashion.

And it’s a difficult thing to do. We see Isabel Marant with the Parisian version of this (Chloe is the international version of that style) struggle to make it modern.
I agree with everything you said, dear Lola. I really love her for some reason and I have a friend crush on her haha. I am praying for her continued and long success !

Those pics are way better than any other campaign for the last few years. Well, maybe I am exaggerating, but the composition is really good!

Lol Are you paid by Chemena or what? Half of the posts in this thread is you over hyping
This is the proof we aren’t fashion snobs after all lol. If we can get more excited about Chloe than someone making jackets that transforms into houses…

To many, brands like Chloe and (once upon a time) Sonia Rykiel were houses that introduced many girl / young women to the world of high fashion. Often by borrowing their mother’s or auntie’s pieces. So when a brand that seemed lost of it’s identity goes back to that once familiar place, it can really cause people to also feel like they found what was once lost. Chemena didn’t reinvent the brand but was very clever in resurrecting it’s original muse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->