Chloé Pre-Fall 2024 Paris

Frederic01

Reaction score

Chloé Pre-Fall 2024​

Miles Socha
Mon, April 22, 2024 at 3:00 PM AEST

904ecb764233377507f98205bbee49b7.jpeg
Showing a pre-fall collection after the fall runway collection is becoming a “thing” among European brands, though Chemena Kamali has a unique reason: She wanted her debut Chloé show last March during Paris Fashion Week to be her first statement of intent, not the range quietly shown to buyers last December with a strict no-photos rule.

Yet that pre-fall effort, hitting stores in June, speaks with the same voice, the same spirit and the same enthusiasm about the French house, synonymous with free-spirited, effortless femininity since 1952.

You can understand almost everything about today’s Chloé when Kamali greets you at the brand’s bright, groovy showroom with a big smile; her long, wavy hair falling free over her navy silk blouse; her wide-legged jeans falling just so over her white sneakers; golden snakes coiling around one finger and one wrist.

The brand comes naturally to the German-born designer, and she quickly adopted her first handbag design — the roomy, ever-so-gently crumpled Camera bag that she’s not afraid to put on the floor at a bistro — and a cognac vegetal leather coat that she can’t wait to age by living her life. “The more you wear it, the better it gets,” she enthused.

“What I think the Chloé wardrobe should look like” pretty much sums up her approach to what she calls “the beginning collection,” which reclaims the brand’s reputation for blouses, pants, tailoring and outerwear with a practical chic, like a trench coat with a removable cape, for example.

She also returned to a classic palette – black and white representing the late ’70s era when Karl Lagerfeld designed the ready-to-wear; nude and tawny shades strongly associated with the brand since forever — plus signature details like scalloped edges on skirts and zigzag lace trim and tie-fronts on blouses.

It’s all polished, but not too polished, exalting Kamali’s intuitive, natural way of dressing and designing, and her wish to offer “pieces that feel personal, things that let you really be yourself…not imposing anything.”

She also cleverly cherry-picked emblems from various Chloé eras and designers — horses, bananas, a pineapple — and incorporated into the jewelry, adding just the right dose of cheekiness. Ditto her new Bracelet bag, a crescent-shaped leather sac slung from a golden ring, a new take on a Y2K design Kamali unearthed from the archives.
WWD

This pre-collection is very solid! Great jeans, nice tailoring, cute accessories and beautiful outerwear.
It’s a very versatile and yet conventional and easy to wear.
I can see her Chloe evolve into what was shown at YSL for Spring and Fall 2018 (Which I presume is her work) but maybe softer and less sexually-charged.

I hope there’s no full look policy on her work though.

I know I look like a Chemena stan (I promise I am not), and sorry for double posting, but I find her Chloé amazing! It's so unpretentious, so chic and so fresh. Fashion is not chic anymore, it's all pure gimmick and silly, with designers trying to make the weirdest things to catch people attention on social networks or creating "image-looks".

This feels so sophisticated, so well done, the colors are amaaaaaaaaaaaazing, the pictures are so chic, so parisienne... I am in love. And they are garments I'd love to have if I were a woman. They all have that je-ne-sais-quoi. Girls must feel amazing in those clothes. In love.

Much much better than the show!
I was skeptical about Lotta but she is what they need to keep the freshness and make the brand relevant. The show was old cheesy and overcooked. This looks like hannah mcgibbon again but at least the image is striking clean.
From what me and the other half of Paris know apparently the two started screaming at eachother and were about to pull hair on the set of the shooting

Last edited:
Lotta didn't repost anything and doesn't even follow Chloé nor Chemena.
Really a pity…

Yikes its crazy how the fashion industry hasnt learned. Let people find out that Balenciaga Pedoteam is now working with Chloe. I mean I KNOW i can take sales from chloe just by informing people

Yikes its crazy how the fashion industry hasnt learned. Let people find out that Balenciaga Pedoteam is now working with Chloe. I mean I KNOW i can take sales from chloe just by informing people
Lotta is everything, everything that is wrong with fashion now. Tasteless, pretentious, ironic. She's the female incel.

As for the collection, it's lovely. This has the potential to be the new look for womens fashion.

Lotta did her thing and unfortunately, having her in the team will not create a healthy creative atmosphere.
But Élodie David is maybe not cut for this. She is maybe too proper Parisian.

I don’t want to throw Suzanne Koller’s name again but I wonder who Chemena is going to work with in the future.

Lotta did her thing and unfortunately, having her in the team will not create a healthy creative atmosphere.
But Élodie David is maybe not cut for this. She is maybe too proper Parisian.

I don’t want to throw Suzanne Koller’s name again but I wonder who Chemena is going to work with in the future.
While Lotta didn't mesh well with Chemena, she obviously had the right idea with Chloé. Chemena's Chloé is very sweet with the pastels, lace and chiffon, so she needs a salty/sour/bitter undercurrent to act as a healthy contrast. PPP's Valentino also had that issue, though at an extreme.

Koller would be a very good choice, seeing her work for Gucci and Carven. My personal choices would be Marie Chaix, Helena Tejedor or Karl Templer. I feel that they have the hard edge needed to create that bit of friction against Chemena's very soft, pretty propositions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->