Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2009

Bengt

Reaction score
John Galliano’s pre-fall collection for Christian Dior took inspiration from two distinct aesthetics: Alfred Hitchcock’s icy heroines and Helmut Newton’s tough-chic glamazons. It added up to a strong and graphic, yet feminine, collection with long dresses and coats, double-faced wool suits and luxurious furs and evening dresses. The colors ranged from the classic gray of flannel to strong, vivid shades reminiscent of René Gruau’s drawings for Dior in the Fifties.

-WWD

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

wwd

This is sooooooo good! Very Dior! I love the colors and the softness of the fabric.. :heart:

I really like it, but then I like anything with a sheer mask. It looks more Oscar de la Renta than Dior. Who is this girl??

Last edited by a moderator:
The 4th look is exquisite. This is such a lovely collection.

I'm glad hes injecting Dior with some class and reverting to something more chic.

Thank god he's leaving his kitsch days behind.

Beautiful! I looove those coats! And the fourth look is quite breathtaking.
Hopefully FW 09/10 collection will continue in this direction!

Every time I click on any Dior collection I always leave disappointed. But these looks are much better than I expected. Very old school glamorous.

I'm glad hes injecting Dior with some class and reverting to something more chic.

Thank god he's leaving his kitsch days behind.

:innocent: some say kitsch, some say genius innovation.

I for one am sick of the "classy" Dior of the past few seasons though this is quite beautiful. I love the red dress and the shoes look interesting from what I can see.

I'd say that the Hitchcock elements were certainly the focus here.

From this selection the only things remotely kinky or erotic are the sheer black gown and the red pumps paired with sheer hose (which I actually kind of love.). Other than that this is just very typical of Dior lately.

This collection is really nice and there are some interesting looks, like #5 and the last one, that has some incredible details. I don't expect too much for Dior pret-a-porter collections because Galliano has became too predictable. For HC I still have high expectations.

I like it! Especially the lace dress, so sexy and elegant!!

thank you Galliano for not failing me! :clap:

beautiful, well needed elegance and opulence without being ostentatious about it. I like this slightly reined in Galliano. ^_^

I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm truly a sucker for anything and everything Hitchcock, so in a way, I was destined to like this collection, regardless. There are some really beautiful pieces - I LOVE look number 6 (the grey skirt suit with the folded collar worn with the red pumps), and the black lace dress is very beautiful (although I could do without the lace masks...they're kind of cheesy). And then other pieces have a very Michael Kors feeling...:innocent:

I'm not thrilled, but I'm certainly not repulsed, either (which I guess I should count as a good thing since Dior has not been good for quite some time:cry:).

Although, like FogUponLA, I am getting very tired of the "classy" Dior. Come on John, give me some t*ts and ***!:lol:

hmmm... I would have to say that, for a cruise collection, galliano still has a great mix of couture-looking + wearability. Love it.

& this what happens when I don't have as much time as I used to for TFS. I miss seeing the best threads on "Latest Threads" :rolleyes:

I am speechless. This is totally stunning, just perfect. I love the mask on the models, and I always love 30 Avenue Montaigne as the venue.
The fur brown fur coat, and yellow/green dress look is just... fantastique.

I like it, but I see many references from Michael Kors, OLR, LV and Givenchy... :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->