Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2008

i think i am going to like this collection very much; it is like previous collections but very good. can not wait to see more; i wonder when the whole set is going to come out?

i much rather prefer the "hip", the "young" and the "trashy" dior.

that was so much fun! even the all over logo seems atractive compared to this!

i used to find them terrible when they came out... but i seriously think the rasta collection is totally modern NOW!

rasta_fw04_look04.jpg

(cant credit the picture. i found it in an old thread at tFS that wasnt credited :ninja::o:doh::()

how hot is that?! B) (ok not the board... but the bags, jacket and swimsuit are)

i must say that i prefer this adult and glamorous Dior, evening if it may be boring at times. sorry but i can't stand that rasta and logo mania collection.

i really do like this pre-fall, but its sad to see a house like Dior being repetitive.

and i thought pre-fall was suppose to be a preview of what is to come for fall. if this is true does that mean the up-coming fall collection will be exactly the same as the last? :unsure:

OMG the whole Rasta period was the ultimate point of depth for Dior...Rasta, Golf, Surf, Ski..HORRIBLE. Dior is historically about invention, luxury and that is what it should be about. For this Pre-Fall line, he has incorporated 1 of the 2.

^and for the rasta, he incorporated the invention! (invention of the tackiest to that point in history) :flower:

i found some very interesting pictures of the period too... the pink all over logos (with hot model on her underwear surrounded by bags) but the images were too p*rn-like to be posted here :wink:

Oy, if given the choice between Dior Rasta and Dior Dowager, I'd choose Chanel.

It's scary how much a collection can tell you about where a designer's head is. Clearly John's under pressure, even clearer is the fact that he's frustrated by it. Granted it's pre-fall, it's never anything spectacular, but keeping in mind the last few RTW collections, as well as the pre-collections it's scary to say that John is in a (company imposed) creative slump.

Oy, if given the choice between Dior Rasta and Dior Dowager, I'd choose Chanel.

It's scary how much a collection can tell you about where a designer's head is. Clearly John's under pressure, even clearer is the fact that he's frustrated by it. Granted it's pre-fall, it's never anything spectacular, but keeping in mind the last few RTW collections, as well as the pre-collections it's scary to say that John is in a (company imposed) creative slump.
and also don't forget, the guy who used to really do the designing is dead now :smile:

^^Yes...just as he was when he did Rasta. Tou'll never tell me that was John's choice. LVMH wanted to sell and the young were buying...now, LVMH still wants to sell and they found out that the older are also buying AND that Dior's sacret image was brought back to zero. As discussed a lot more often, he needs to find his balance and LVMH needs to let him do that. If only I could hypnotise Arnault and implant the thoughts that pre-2000 was the gloryperiod of Dior under Galliano and that that is what to go back to. Let's what he does in two days...

how hot is that?! B) (ok not the board... but the bags, jacket and swimsuit are)

I prefer Gisele for Rasta! B)

bwgreyscale

I think that Dior should be more about clothes, about trying to use the new technologies on fabrics like every single brand is doing, Galliano sometimes bores me making simply the old, new, I like Galliano a lot, but I don't think he's the designers that fits Dior, I agree w/ Mr-Dale, Dior is about luxury and invention, I know that a lot of people are going to disagree w/ me but IMO designers like Miuccia and Ghesquiére knows exactly how to mix this two stuff, the luxury and the invention, and they can still mix this two things w/ new technologies in fabric that the world now offer us, 10 years are a lot of time to a designer learn how to make great clothes, and I think Galliano didn't learn tll now the essence of making great clothes, more than that, he didn't learn how to make clothes that look Dior ...

Last edited by a moderator:
and also don't forget, the guy who used to really do the designing is dead now :smile:
That's kind of oversimplifying it, don'cha think?

Besides, Stephen was alive and well for that beyond bland and unimaginative s/s 07 collection, not to mention the bourgeois and stale f/w 07 collection.

it's kind of boring. the coat in the second picture is alright, but it all feels like it has been done before. and i don't like the boots either :(

I liked ss08 rtw. i think, or am i confused? what season was the horrible collection that looked like paris hilton and hello kitty?

Last edited by a moderator:
B O R I N G
"Dior for adults" isn't my cup of tea. And I believe it's not Galliano's as well, cause everything is just .........tacky.

A classy kind of tacky of course, but still, I'd rather be amazed by his enormous creativity than a lesson in costumehistory.

bleh, so not looking forward to the hc/rtw shows from dior. it ruins my day.

i love this collection; looks great! when are we going to see the whole collection? anyone know? has thier been a delay? haute couture photos were out faster than this.

i wanted to ask too. are those 3 pics all we get? does the entire prefall consist of only 3 looks? lol.

It probably wont be shown in it's entirety until the website updates with the full fall collection sometime in the late spring or summer.

style has uploaded most pre-fall collections with a certain delay, I still hope they will upload Dior soon.

I love Dior, and Galliano's work, lets see what happend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->