Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2022 Paris

Frederic01

Reaction score
Dior Women’s Pre-Fall 2022
Maria Grazia Chiuri tackled uniforms as a way of demonstrating a "multiplicity of femininity."

Dior-PF22-1.jpeg Dior-PF22-2.jpeg Dior-PF22-3.jpeg Dior-PF22-4.jpeg Dior-PF22-5.jpeg Dior-PF22-6.jpeg Dior-PF22-7.jpeg
WWD

It's so bad! (The entire collection is on Vogue Runway) Oh Dear, Dior really does need a complete refresh. Everything in this Pre-Fall looks so dated and dowdy. And the styling: abhorrent! Socks and weird shoes, random sportswear looks, etc, etc.

I don't understand how an entire team of people could be so lazy in putting something like this together. Seriously, they have so many people in the design studio, and none of them had any new or interesting ideas to put forward for Pre-Fall? Virginie's Chanel collection looks seriously spectacular and dynamic by comparison to this Dior collection. I am appalled at the lack of effort!

This looks like a smorgasbord of what I imagined kids and teens wore abroad in 2000s. I would be like "that looks like an American football uniform", "and that looks like a Goth prom dress!". It feels like Maria Grazia was on a streak of Nirvana, Outkast, and decided to rewatch all the 00s romcoms, and then got "inspired".
This is kind of a "collection" you make on fashion dress up games for little girls that you have on social media or mobile phones with tons of those in-app purchases.
Bland. Uninspired. Insipid.

The only good thing about this collection was the set, which reminded me of Valentino F/W 16 campaign by Meisel when Maria still had something good to offer!

It's not ugly. It's inoffensive and brand. I pity the true creatives that work at this brand, if there are any.

There are no risk, fantasy, sense of humor. Just perfectly fine clothing.

I find myself truly hating (not disliking) almost everything these days. Fashion used to inspire! What the hell is this even? It’s such a poseur collection. Suburban mom vision of cool. What a disgrace to this house. Dior deserves better! More ambition!

you no what they really need, a better shoe story ! her shoes are to boring! when it comes to shoes you can do what ever into days world

I’m sorry … but I need her to have a scandal or something that gets her fired, effective immediately.

Someone give her booze and a copy of "Mein Kampf" ASAP!!

What´s this little disaster? It feels like a strange collaboration between Versus and Dior (Versus looks with just some Dior logos).

What´s this little disaster? It feels like a strange collaboration between Versus and Dior (Versus looks with just some Dior logos).

I was thinking the same! Didn’t Donatella do this a few seasons ago?! Those checks are very Versace/Clueless, so strange to see them at Dior. And strange considering Dior has such a rich archive of checks to draw from?

AAEF72CC-D2C8-4F40-9C43-365BC3DACCB9.jpeg
Insider

^ Galliano did it better

00020fullscreen.jpg
00060fullscreen.jpg

00090fullscreen.jpg

Source: vogue.com

^^
Galliano’s version might be more dramatic, those 3 looks alone are the indication of the success of MGC.
2010´s Dior is not really the best period to compare…

I don't necessarily think it's bad, per se, but it's certainly not anything noteworthy. It's just...clothes...with a designer label. No big deal.

But the styling here doesn't do anything to elevate it. I know styling isn't everything, but it can certainly help paint a certain picture, and here, it fails at that. And then you have the stupid set on top of that...

Going by the pictures alone, none of this would inspire me to venture into the store to check out the clothes IRL.

^^
Galliano’s version might be more dramatic, those 3 looks alone are the indication of the success of MGC.
2010´s Dior is not really the best period to compare…
come again ? that show was great, those looks are for couture - not for everyone

come again ? that show was great, those looks are for couture - not for everyone
Of Course but Even in Couture, beyond the great gowns, I think what John did in his last two years was kind of « dusty ». I think the RTW for ss2010 and the previous Couture, FW2009, were more charming…
Tbh, even without the controversy, Galliano at Dior already felt passé at that time.

Except for the darker colors combinations, FW2010 looked very cocotte, in the worst way possible. But that’s my humble personal opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->