Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2009

Perfect pre-fall collection. All the pieces are gorgeous! And the fabric, and the shoes... LOVE it!

really only look #3 and #6 do something for me. i appreciate the fact that the jacket tries something "interesting".

Hmmm I think I like it....it's supposed to have the elegance of early Dior and it succeeds sometimes. I really adore the roseprinted dress, that one is stunning :heart: The first dress is really beautiful as well. But a lot of the rest looks like stuff he's done a trillion times before. The sheer dress is another variety on the same dress Tanya Dziahileva has worn for the past 4 seasons at Dior (check it, she really has)...the foxcollar whool coat has been in every Pre-Fall collection at Dior for 2-3 years now. The second dress is S/S 09 and the third is F/W 07.08 RTW. And the green dress with the furcoat immediatly reminded me of this look from F/W 05.06 RTW, but that may be because of the fur and green color:

00270m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that bad as for Dior, I love these two black evening dresses.

RE: The sheer dress, I want to have this on record just for the sake of it :P

S/S 09 RTW & FW 0809 couture

00440m.jpg
00400m.jpg

S/S 08 RTW

54m.jpg

He's quite good at sheer black dresses actually....

style.com

this is very chic, but I know they'll ruin this for the actual fall show with tacky embellishments and some tranny make-up.

Yes this is so boring. I mean, I know we're talking about Dior, a very classy, chic and opulent brand, and so the clothes are supposed to reflect that, but come on!, we're also talking about John Galliano!, the innovative genius!, and this isn't neither innovative nor genial. It's beautiful of course, I'm not going to deny something so obvious, and I believe that Galliano has the ability to create the most flamboyant looks and the most elegant ones, but this goes beyond boring xD. As someone said, he's became a little to predictable when it comes to prêt-a-porter, though I also think this is way to different from last season pret-a-porter.

I quite like it. but I do agree w the boring thing
but sometimes pre collections dont reflect what's going on the shows month later...so Im hoping for the best here

^And he always dresses Tanya D. in them :D

It is probably becoming a sort of fetish ^_^

Anyways, I know those lengths are 50´s hitchcock but lord do I need to see some knees!!

I can´t keep but picturing clients having them shortened (or maybe it is a growing trend that I will end up understanding) but so far with all this summer 09 mini mania they seem practically brutal.

I like 1 and 7 but the rest are just ok. The first dress is really stunnnnnning.

ENOUGH OF RECYCLING FW08 PLEASE!!!! last prefall had the same grey suit/coat, the same fur collar, the same yellow dress, even similar shoes!
pre-falls chez Dior are becoming a potpourri of left-overs from other collections.
some of the pieces are good. but they really needn't do a trunk show for this.
i like the red&black floral dress, because it doesnt look like anything we've seen from john lately
and i like the lace dress... even if we've seen "some" of it in previous seasons, no one does lace like john :P

It's not bad but, it looks like every other Dior Pre-Fall collection. :(
Ever since Pre-Fall 07, there's always been a grey coat with fur to match. :glare:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->