Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2008

^^Yes...just as he was when he did Rasta. Tou'll never tell me that was John's choice. ..................................................... Let's what he does in two days...

About the first, i once saw an interview with john, where he mentioned that the all-over logo was his idea and everyone at dior (finantial part and creative team) were horrified about it (understandably)
he said that after those rasta, surf, etc collections sold so well, specially in new markets like japan was in those days, he was "forced" (of course he didnt say forced:blink:) to keep those as not-seasonable lines.

What is even more surprising, is that after the long logo period, Sidney Toledano was the one to announce that they wanted to change Dior and go back to classic. He said something like that after selling 300 J'adore Dior t-shirts in one day, it was clear how cheap the label had become (took them how long to realize that?!?!:doh::doh::doh:)

about the "what he does in two days" thing.... couture show was yesterday and in my very honest opinion... it's just the same old same old with bigger sequins this time! even since fw06.07 couture show, it has been the same old display of bright colours and lavish golden embroideries!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah; i thought that they would be uploaded onto the dior website; should be redone this friday. I think.
can not wait for the pictures

i am dying to see this collection.
anyone know of the delay?
all the rest of the pre-fall are on.

^I was going to ask the same thing! Aren't they going to show some more photos? :unsure:

^I was going to ask the same thing! Aren't they going to show some more photos? :unsure:

i do not know; i hope so. im dying for them. they look soooo great =]

Does that third hat really fit in with the Pre-Revolutionary Russian aesthetic?

The suit is great, and I'd love to see details on that first bag.

That's what I was thinking, but it's so Galliano Japanese like his entire Spring-Summer 2007 Haute Couture.

Loving the outfits, and the inspiration behind them.

that was so much fun! even the all over logo seems atractive compared to this!

i used to find them terrible when they came out... but i seriously think the rasta collection is totally modern NOW!

*please do not quote images*
(cant credit the picture. i found it in an old thread at tFS that wasnt credited :ninja::o:doh::()

how hot is that?! B) (ok not the board... but the bags, jacket and swimsuit are)

That seriously is the most tasteless collection of clothes and accesories I have ever seen in my life.
I'm sure Christian was spinning in his grave.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think that we are ever going to see this collection.

I have a feeling you're right. :lol:

yeah. i hope i am wrong though. It looks really good.
Dior.com might upload it soon =/ i hope so.
i hate missing a dior collection

The whole schtick were John uses some foreign or exotic culture and blends it with classic Dior looks/pieces is soooo tired. It was cool 10 years ago.

I like it best when John just makes clothes for what they are, he doesn't do it too often though.

The whole schtick were John uses some foreign or exotic culture and blends it with classic Dior looks/pieces is soooo tired. It was cool 10 years ago.
I know what you mean...:innocent:

To be honest, though...it's never been obnoxious to me in his previous collecions. I mean, I LOVED his Peruvian "New Look" of HC FW 05, and Egyptian Avedon designs of HC SS 04, etc. At least those designs were genuinely creative...the Peruvian/ New Look comparison was positively genius, in my opinion.:rolleyes:

But his most recent collections are TOO Christian Dior.

It's unfortunate that John is being forced to be a slave to the archives.:cry:

i am so upset that we have not seen this collection yet. Every other pre-fall has been published. Trust it to be the only one that I was intrested in
Typical.

what a pitty. I keep checking for updates of this collection online. But nothing.

^^pre-fall normally get's to the stores in july... maybe the pics will be online just some weeks prior to that...

or maybe they'll just post a message that says:
"Dear potential customer,
We invite you to take a look to our fw 07 look book. We were jsut too lazy to both create a new collection and take pictures of it... so we are giving you the leftovers.
Don't forget to spend millions in our beauty/sunglasses department stores!
Dior"

PS: i know i've made my point on this a thousand times already... but Dior is just getting me on my nerves lately...

The pre-fall collection can finally be seen at Dior.com!!!
It is quite chic in my opinion.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 32
:buzz: :buzz: :buzz: thank you so much, you have made my day :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu