Discussion: What do you think of Vogue?

Mr-Dale said:
Wait a sec, I remembered seeing this list of Conde Nast productions in the back of one of my Vogues. So I checked and it turns out that there is a Vogue en Espanol in the Americas (quoted terms) and not a Polish Vogue, but a Polish Glamour. There is nothing mentioned on a Singapore or Hong Kong Vogue, though.

As far as I remember there is no Polish GQ as well...

As regards Vogue issues....

www.vogue.co.uk

Could you say Vogue Hommes and L'Uomo Vogue are classed as different types?

JR1 said:
Could you say Vogue Hommes and L'Uomo Vogue are classed as different types?

I don't think so...Homme is a French version , L'Uomo Italian...I'm not sure maybe i'm wrong but as i know homme is man in French and Uomo in Italian/

There is nothing mentioned on a Singapore or Hong Kong Vogue, though.

My bad, it seems I have confused Singapore Elle with Vogue ... there probably is no Vogue Singapore; it might've just been Vogue Taiwan in circulation here.

Gotta pay more attention when I'm near a magazine store next time.

I'm pretty sure there's a Vogue Netherlandstoo... Can anyone double check this for me?

kissmesweet said:
I'm pretty sure there's a Vogue Netherlandstoo... Can anyone double check this for me?

I checked and there`s only Glamour Netherlands

kissmesweet said:

I can only wish :P

KissMiss said:
As far as I remember there is no Polish GQ as well...

As regards Vogue issues....

www.vogue.co.uk

These are just links to existing Vogue websites, not all Vogues for sale :flower:

I quickly browsed a friend's Vouge Hombre (spanish men's vouge). About 85% was rehashed from one or two American GQ that I bought last winter. That is sad from a user perspective, though as an economist I see the rationale.

according to this and many other article(s) there are definetly plans to do a vogue india.

Director of magazine group Conde Nast, Nicholas Coleridge, is cementing his 25 year love affair with India, which began with his father's birth in Bombay and includes his proposal to his wife in Calcutta, by planning to develop some of his magazine shelf staples, such as Vogue, GQ and Glamour, for sale to the Indian middle classes.
Coleridge admits that it will not be an easy transfer and could take up to 18 months to complete, due to regulatory hurdles that need to be cleared. His inspiration for this advancement came from his aforementioned love of Indian culture and traditions, "there was something about the combination of the light, the climate and the people" and a slow infusion of other Western big hitters that acknowledged there may be a market for his titles. Names such as Dolce & Gabbana, Stella McCartney, Chloe and Fendi have opened stores there within the last year. Conde Nast have already established themselves as a national brand with magazines in 18 countries already.

http://www.emma.tv

I haven't bought any other Vogues except U.S. because they are 3x as expensive here ...but as far as covers, I think British and Italian are very good.

Where is the next edition of Vogue going to launch?

Where is the next edition of Vogue going to launch? I have heard that there will be an Indian Vogue soon, is that true?

eumm , i don't know
i heard the indian thing too , but that was not a sure source

Can someone post a list of the countries that have their own Vogue? I know only:

American
British
French
Italian
Spanish
Portuguese (?)
German
Japanese
Chinese/Taiwanese
Russian
Brazilian
Mexican
Australian Vogues.

I'd say...Danish Vogue? Or some East-European country? Irish Vogue?

^ we have a thread about that somewhere..
and you're only missing korean vogue.

I'd say India is next.
No Danish or Irish, too small market I quess.

But I'm hoping for Canadian Vogue..

pathetic said:
eumm , i don't know
i heard the indian thing too , but that was not a sure source

the source was Anna Wintours 'a letter from the editor' from Vogue.

And if you want to know wich countries have their own Vogue look in the back of every Vogue there is a list per country

the most powerful vogue in the world will be Vogue United Arab Emirates

$$£$£$£$£$£$£

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evangelista1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->