Which magazine do you collect ?

I just looked over my magazine collection, which is about 70+ issues, found the following magazines in it:

#i-D
#Vogue (mostly UK, 1 issue each of US and Paris editions, VP is hard to get hold of)
#TANK
#Dazed & Confused (not too many of these, but I have issues dating back to 2001)
#AnOther + AnOther Man (1 issue, bought because Gael Garcia Bernal was on the cover)
# W Korea
# W
# Numéro Tokyo (1 issue)
# metro.pop (1 issue)
# Androgyny (-ditto-)
#Jalouse (1 issue, August 2006 feat. Lara Stone- cover's speckled in white spots though)
# Let Them Eat Cake (2 issues, wish I could find more)
# encens (-ditto-)
# Teen Vogue
# ElleGirl
# EXIT
#POP (1 issue, tough to find)
# Love (-same as above-)
# BlackBook (c.2005, with Tilda Swinton on the cover)

i am a complete magazine addict! i try to collect any magazine that has editorials of models i like. and i do like alot of models..so it can get quite extensive and expensive!:lol: but i subscribe to most of the american ones so that helps a bit. actually i used to have a really nice collection and then in 2008 i went through a phase where i thought the fashion world was really stupid and i trashed all my mags:shock::cry: it was years worth of stuff, since i went straight from childrens magazines to vogue. i'm trying to replace all of it through places like ebay but it takes alot time and money(that i don't really have)!

oh that's sad :/
hope you get to get most of them back though!

& i collect:

Vogue Italia
Vogue Paris
Vogue US (subscribed)
Vogue UK (only once in a while)
Vogue Nippon (whenever available)
Vogue Deutsch (only sometimes)
Numero
Numero Homme
i-D
Gap Collections
Lula (just started with issue #10)
V
& just got Love

well as almost everyone here, i'm a magazines addict; when i come across an old/recent issue, my reactions are just insane ^_^
i collect vogue italia, i-d magazine (currently ordering loads of old issues), vogue paris, numéro, vogue nippon, vogue russia.
i happen to buy vogue us, w or v, but it's been very rare lately.

oh Vogue Russia! i would love to get my hands on that, but they don't have it anywhere near me :/

^ i don't know where you live in nyc, but near columbus circle on the 8th avenue, there's a shop that sells loads of magazines - it's actually a huge wall covered with mags, heaven :smile: - and you can find vogue russia there. i don't remember the adress but i will try to find out something more accurate than the very vague 'near columbus circle on the 8th avenue' (which isn't really helpful in such a great city) :flower:

Vogue (US and UK... although I would love to get my hands on Australia or Paris)
Teen Vogue
Elle (US and UK)
Lula
Pop
Nylon
Tatler (trashy I know... but I've got a few copies of the mag)
Elle Girl (I wish they still published the US version of the mag...)

I would love to collect Numero, Frankie, and Jalouse magazines however it is near impossible to get any copies of these magazines.

i collect vogue of all countries, have a lot of vogue Italia, Vogue Paris, Vogue Portugal, Vogue Spain, Vogue Brasil, Vogue Uk, Vogue Deutsch and had some Vogue australia, V magazine, W Vogue Us, Vogue Hellas and Vogue Russia. The last ones i only buy when i like the cover or an editorial..

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, if I lived in a big city with opportunity of buying so many fashion magazines from other countries:(... But it's impossible in my country, the only shop where you can buy foreign magazines have terrific price policy.:angry: I'd bankrupt if I wanted to buy a couple of them every month. We don't even have Vogue in my country- only Elle & Glamour. I buy Elle UK from time to time.

BibiRose I am in the same situation as you except that it is possible to get these magazines in the states just not where I live. Also to have these magazines shipped to me is crazy expensive and it would cause me to go broke! So whenever I find a shop which sells a great amount of hard to find magazines I tend to stock up!

I actually buy sometimes :

- Italian Vogue
- L'Uomo Vogue
- Spanish Vogue
- US Harper's Bazaar
- L'Officiel Hommes Paris

I have a subscription to Vogue Paris and American Vogue

I always buy:
- Vogue Hommes International
- Citizen K

and next year I'll stop buying everything and stop my subcription to my magazines because I'll live in Spain for at least 3 years for my PhD and so I'll only buy/subscribe to Spanish Vogue.

I'd love though to be able to buy Chinese Vogue because I don't find it in France wherever I go, sometimes I find British Vogue (but I don't like it so I don't buy it) and Vogue Nippon but it's way too expensive here it's like 25€ !

I used to collect every issue of Teen Vogue but then it went down the drain, so I stopped. However I always buy Vogue US, Lula, and Elle (most of the time).

^ i don't know where you live in nyc, but near columbus circle on the 8th avenue, there's a shop that sells loads of magazines - it's actually a huge wall covered with mags, heaven :smile: - and you can find vogue russia there. i don't remember the adress but i will try to find out something more accurate than the very vague 'near columbus circle on the 8th avenue' (which isn't really helpful in such a great city) :flower:

I FOUND IT!
they just started selling it in the B&N at union sq.
but also, on 8th ave & 16th i think there's this amazing mag stand.
but thanks either way!

& they also have vogue homme japan which i might start collecting :]

^Whoa... the magazine stand/B&N sound amazing! Will have to check it out next time I am in NY. Also I know that their is a shop called Magazine Cafe which sells a lot of hard to find mags in NY... I've never been but I hear its amazing.

I collect and have lots of Vogue UK, US Vogue, Elle Poland. Recently I've started buying Vogue Paris, Numero, L'Officiel. Gosh I would love to be able to get more :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Burke
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->