Which Magazine Does This Image Come From? (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

The source for these pictures of Lily Donaldson credits Steven Meisel, yet I've never before seen these photographs. I am certain they belong to Vogue US and the style does very much resemble Meisel's, but I'd like to confirm. Does anyone know which year/month those were published?
They remind me of Meisel's ed with Lily from Vogue US May 2008, a two-page handbag feature. But her skin is rather glowy in those and she wore red lipstick, however it's shot against a similar white backdrop.

lily_donaldson_-_steven_meisel_photoshoot_01_istyleamy.jpg lily_donaldson_-_steven_meisel_photoshoot_02_istyleamy.jpg lily_donaldson_-_steven_meisel_photoshoot_04_istyleamy.jpg lily_donaldson_-_steven_meisel_photoshoot_03_istyleamy.jpg lily_donaldson_-_steven_meisel_photoshoot_05_istyleamy.jpg lily_donaldson_-_steven_meisel_photoshoot_06_istyleamy.jpg
theplace2

Anja Rubik is also part of that ed if I remember correctly. It was never fully published. But you could find the editorial on Art & Commerce at the time. That’s why the editorial is still floating around on the internet.

That one picture of Lily that got published must’ve been part of this ed.

I did some digging. The shot that got published is actually Anja Rubik if you look closely:

Here is another shot of Anja that wasn’t published:

source: Pinterest

Thank you for all the info @mikel
It's odd seeing Anja by Meisel because I can't recall many other occasion where they worked together besides some campaigns. It's a shame the full editorial was never published.

Thank you for all the info @mikel
It's odd seeing Anja by Meisel because I can't recall many other occasion where they worked together besides some campaigns. It's a shame the full editorial was never published.
You’re more than welcome. It’s indeed weird to see Anja Rubik in a Steven Meisel ed. And it’s a real shame that her big US Vogue debut was axed and that only one single shot was used for just a Vogue View feature.

Anyone knows where this cover photograph comes from, and what is Margot wearing? Thanks!

(instagram.com/lepaisrecna.rs)

Can someone tell me where these beautiful images come from? I bought whatever magazine they came from years ago and I would love to see the full spread again!

IMG_20200508_171137.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's a behind-the-scenes photo by Terry Richardson @[B]Toni Ahlgren[/B], as I can vaguely recall coming across it on Richardson's blog some years ago. Richardson used to upload photos like such after a shoot, on a regular occurrence.

I'm pretty sure that's a behind-the-scenes photo by Terry Richardson @[B]Toni Ahlgren[/B], as I can vaguely recall coming across it on Richardson's blog some years ago. Richardson used to upload photos like such after a shoot, on a regular occurrence.

Alright, thanks! I was hoping to use it for the Cover Challenge, but it' s probably from the wrong decade. Flipped horizontally it could make a fun i-D cover, maybe I'll do it just for fun I have the energy.

The first is from Love's S/S 2010 issue by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, the second is from Lui's December 2015/January 2016 issue by Luigi & Iango and the fourth is from W Magazine's March 2014 issue by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott.

I'm not sure about the third, unfortunately, @[B]mariemaud[/B]! Perhaps it will come to me later.

The first is from Love's S/S 2010 issue by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, the second is from Lui's December 2015/January 2016 issue by Luigi & Iango and the fourth is from W Magazine's March 2014 issue by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott.

I'm not sure about the third, unfortunately, @[B]mariemaud[/B]! Perhaps it will come to me later.

The 3rd one is VI December 2008, an ed called "The Art Apprentice", by Bruce Weber

Hey, everyone! In a interview, Sandy Linter mentioned that this photo is from a Vogue, published between 1973 and 1974. Going through Google Images, I found a website that said that such photo is from the april 1974 from the american issue, but in the Vogue Archive this photo isn't mentioned as a part of this edition. Does anyone knows where this image comes from?

SANDY.png
Oh Yeah Pop

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicolelisa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->