Dua Lipa

lstone15

Reaction score
credit: rollingstone
r1292_fob_newartists_dua-lipa-285e45aa-d303-4acc-a41d-a8f84b08c088.jpg

Dua Lipa (born 22 August 1995) is an English singer and songwriter. After signing with Warner Music Group in 2015, she soon released her first single "New Love".

Her self-titled debut studio album was released on 2 June 2017. The album spawned seven singles, including two UK top-10 singles "Be the One" and "IDGAF" and the UK number-one single "New Rules", which also reached number six in the United States. In February 2018, Lipa won two Brit Awards for British Female Solo Artist and British Breakthrough Act.

In April 2018, the single "One Kiss" by Lipa and Calvin Harris reached number one on the UK Singles Chart. In February 2019, at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards, Lipa won Best New Artist and Best Dance Recording for the single "Electricity", a collaboration with British-American duo Silk City.

I think you guys need to check out her new single, if you haven't done so yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
INTERVIEW: 2016 MUST-KNOW - DUA LIPA
BY COUP DE MAIN

“I could be the one,” DUA LIPA confides on her new single, ‘Be The One’ - and she could definitely be the one to keep an eye on in 2016.

So far she’s released two songs, as well as an incredible re-work of JAMIE XX’s ‘I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)’, and a stunning cover of ALESSIA CARA’s breakout single, ‘Here’. Signed to Lana Del Rey’s management, Dua is well on her way to fame - with ‘Be The One’ showcasing her popstar-ness, a song accompanied by a music video shot around her hometown of London.

"...know that we all go through the same things in one way or the other."

COUP DE MAIN: If D.U.A. L.I.P.A. were an acronym, what would each letter stand for?
DUA LIPA: Daring, Unicorn, Angel, Leo, Imagination, Pop, Amethyst.

CDM: How have your songwriting sessions for your debut album been going?
DUA: They've all been so much fun!! I've had the opportunity to work with so many amazing people. I've made so many new friends too! A year-and-a-half of non-stop writing! A massive learning curve for me! I'm enjoying every moment!

CDM: How does your songwriting process work?
DUA: Depends on the day. Some days I come to the studio with a concept or a story about something that has happened to me that I wanna write about, and on some days it’s different. I vibe to music on a piano or guitar.

CDM: Do you write your lyrics specifically for the songs, or do you write poems or prose and then evolve them into song-form?
DUA: Sometimes I have pieces that I have written that are just mini paragraphs which I pick and choose from. Take bits and add to the song.

CDM: Lyrically, what's your favourite song that you’ve written?
DUA: 'Hotter Than Hell'.

CDM: What do you think is the difference between a good song and a great song?
DUA: A good song for me has cool production and a catchy chorus, a great song has those but also lyrics that reach out to more than just one person. That translates to people of all ages.

CDM: At what age did you write your very first song ever, and what was it about?
DUA: I wrote my first song at the age of 14. It was called 'Lions, Tigers and Bears'. It was a made-up song, I don't think I had any background story for it. I am on the other hand in love with 'The Wizard Of Oz' haha, so that’s where the title came from!

CDM: What do you hope for people to take away from listening to your music?
DUA: I want people to find a common ground with it. To know that we all go through the same things in one way or the other. To know they aren't alone.

CDM: If you were a country, which song would be your national anthem?
DUA: Thats a difficult one! I'd have to get back to you on that one!! Eeeek.

CDM: What’s on your bucket-list?
DUA: To play an arena show!!

coupdemainmagazine.com

I really love Be the One. I found out about her from an Elle magazine I get a free subscription of.

DUA LIPA Arrives at Good Morning America in New York 06/17/2017

credit: hawtcelebs

DUA LIPA Night Out in London 06/22/2017

DUA LIPA Performs at Glastonbury Festival in Pilton 06/23/2017

DUA LIPA Performs at British Summer Time Festival in London 07/02/2017

DUA LIPA at Warner Music and GQ Summer Party in London 07/05/2017

DUA LIPA at Dunkirk Premiere in London 07/13/2017