Sugababes

Cover of the new album
1858491256230729.jpg

sugababes.com

The two last covers,aren't bad at all.I don't really care about Keisha to be honest.The last album I really liked from them was Taller In More Ways,which came out a decade ago.I have high hopes for Sweet 7,but if it sucks,it will have nothing to do with Keisha leaving.

but there not even the sugababes, this doesn't consist of any of the origional memebers...how rude lol

Sugababes' Amelle back at work

The Sugababes say that Amelle Berrabah will be back at work with them on Friday, after spending time at a clinic in Austria suffering from nervous exhaustion. Doctors who diagnosed the singer recommended rest but after three weeks bandmates Heidi Range and Jade Ewen say she is now back in the UK and feels ready for work.

"She feels much better now and is positive and looking forward to getting back into things," said Heidi. "It's a new challenge, a new start for us and we know we've got to prove ourselves to people but I think it's something that we're excited about now."

Amelle's break followed Keisha Buchanan's much publicised exit from the group and Jade Ewen joining as a replacement.

"You know she'd been under a lot of pressure and it just took its toll on Amelle," said Heidi. "I've really missed her and Jade hasn't really had a chance to get to know her properly yet. I think we're over the worst of it now."

Heidi admitted she's also had her fair share of pressure and explained why she's recently abandoned her Twitter page. "I stopped putting messages on it because I wasn't in a happy, light-hearted mood to be saying, 'I'm off to a spin class' or whatever," she said.

"There were negative things on there and there are some pretty horrendous people out there. "Things like, 'Burn in hell', 'Why don't you get an eating disorder? You look fat next to Jade and Amelle'. Pretty nasty things."

'No name change'
Heidi says she will probably be back on the social networking site soon though.

"I just thought I am a good person," she added. "People that don't even know me, don't know the situation, to let that ruin your day is silly. I just wanted to deal with what was going on in our lives."

Since Keisha Buchanan left, there has been lots of discussion about whether the band can continue to call themselves Sugababes, with no original members remaining.

Heidi says she never once thought of changing their name. "I don't want to sound like I'm being bigheaded but the Sugababes had one album which didn't sell and they were dropped," she said.

"I joined eight years ago and we were signed together by Island records. I've been there since our first number one Freak Like Me and been part of the history of the band ever since."

Heidi also defended Amelle's position in the group. "Amelle has been in the group for over four years and she's been part of our biggest album as a group. I think it's unfair," Heidi continued. "That's not disrespecting what previous members have brought to the group, but we were signed as Sugababes to Island Records and I'm still signed to Island records as Sugababes."

'Paranoid'
As for new member Jade Ewen, the former Eurovision contestant has had her fair share of criticism too. "It's just amazing how powerful the media are," she said. "One of my biggest problems when I was trying to do the solo thing was that I had this squeaky clean image.

"Then overnight joining Sugababes I became this horrible diva who's come in and taken Keisha's place. I just found that really odd. You become quite paranoid."

Jade says lots of what's been written in the papers isn't true but admits she does feel some awkwardness over Keisha. "I'm going in and replacing someone's position. We're literally deleting, erasing Keisha's vocals and replacing them with mine," she said.

"Of course I'm happy to be there but it's a difficult thing to do as a singer. I can't imagine how that would feel if the shoe was on the other foot."

Jade also thinks this next Sugababes album, which has been put on hold until February, is their best yet. "I'm proud of it and I hope people see that I've only taken an opportunity that was my dream and that doesn't make me a bad person," she said. "I think anyone would do the same in my position."

As for those rumours that Keisha is reforming the original Sugababes line up, rumours Keisha has denied, Heidi and Jade aren't worried.

"I think the media are enjoying this rumour," said Heidi. "Whether it's true or not, I think they're building up more than it is. "If that's what they want to do, that's fine. We're just going to concentrate on what we're doing.

"You know a lot's happened over the last few months," she added. "It's not been the best of times, it's been quite tough. "We've got through the other side now and it's onwards and upwards."

[URL="http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertainment/newsid_10000000/newsid_10002700/10002774.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertainment/newsid_10000000/newsid_10002700/10002774.stm[/URL]

Amelle's "nervous breakdown" (If anyone should be having a nervous breakdown it should be Keisha), and Heidi's 'sh*t happens' attitude is rubbing me up the wrong way.
I don't know why I feel so angry about the situation. Keisha was always my least favourite (in all the line ups) lol.

^ I agree!

You feel that way because it was wrong to get rid of her that's why.........i'm still baffled by the decision now.

I don´t know what to think about it. When I recall the last interview with Siobhan (also one of the original members) she said that Keisha bullied her and that she will never forgive her. Siobhan is no attention wh*re and this interview was before Keisha was forced to leave the group. Than Heidi and Amelle stated that they couldn´t work with Keisha anymore. I just get the impression that Keisha´s really not easy person to work with.

I think it´s stupid that everybody know blames Amelle and Heidi without knowing what really happened. I guess we will never know but still I don´t think that Keisha is poor victim. I don´t think they would kick her out without serious reason.

Keisha does seem like she would be a pain in the rectum to work with. I think my main gripe is the band name (it sounds so silly I know). it would have been easier to accept if they had just disbanded and amelle, heidi then formed a new group with a new name. Long winded process, I know.

Sugababes arriving for a Live Lounge performance (10.11.09)

Celeb Mad

Sugababes leaving Kanaloa nightclub in London - November 10, 2009 (tlfan.to).

Sugababes leaving GMTV in London - November 12, 2009 - celebritycity

Wow. Jade´s got amazing legs! Thanks a lot for new pics

Sugababes - at the T4 Stars of 2009 event 2009-11-29 (celebrity-paradise).

Sugababes lend support to cancer charity
46519860.jpg

Sugababes have pledged their support to the Fight Cervical Cancer in Style campaign.

The 'About A Girl' group are calling for women to wear purple scarves - which are given away in magazines - to raise awareness for the campaign.
Earlier this year, Sugababes performed at Jade Goody's wedding a month before she died of the disease.

"Having performed at Jade's wedding, it is a subject we feel passionately about," singer Heidi Range said.

"It is important that girls and women realise how they could catch the virus and steps to take to reduce their risk."

Cervical cancer is the most common cancer in women under 30 and victims often get it from a virus passed on during sex.

The campaign has been developed by GlaxoSmithKline and is run in association with charity Jo's Trust. Director Robert Music said: "The Sugababes can reach women in an engaging way."
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a189371/sugababes-lend-support-to-cancer-charity.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->