Sugababes

Thanks a lot! Keisha looks really good. Nice scarf.

Sugababes 2009-09-06 - at BBC Radio One studios in London

Amelle has reportedly quit the Sugababes with Jade Ewen supposedly replacing her:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/3am/...jade-ewen-set-to-replace-her-115875-21684381/

I'll miss Amella to be honest, I thought she brought a lot to the group. I'm not a huge fan of their style, but I thought hers matured to be the best out of the three. That said, she's probably talented enough to go it alone so hopefully we'll still see her around.

how many times this group has been in this same situation, 4 times?!?!
and keisha is the only original member, right?

Yeah, she´s the only original member.

These articles about splitting of the group are just rumours. Nothing´s official yet. I don´t believe Amelle left. They were supposed to be shooting video for the new single in LA.

OMG!
Sugababes Statement
Monday 21st September

The current line-up of the Sugababes has disbanded.

Heidi Range and Amelle Berrabah will continue as the Sugababes and will be joined by new member Jade Ewen. They release their album ‘Sweet 7’ on November 23rd through Island Records.

Keisha Buchanan will continue to record for Island Records as a solo artist.
sugababes.com

Actually cant believe this has happened! I´m still shocked!

Keisha´s message from twitter:
Dear Friends

I'm sad to say that I am no longer apart of the Sugababes. I've had a great time and have achieved more then I ever thought I would. Although it was not my choice to leave, it's time to enter a new chapter in my life. I have nothing but positive things to say about the girls and I wish them the best of luck. I would like to state that there were no arguments, bullying or anything of the sort that lead to this. Sometimes a break down in communication and lack of trust can result in many different things. I would also like to point out that I have always supported the girls and they have also supported me. Remember my drunk pictures out with Amelle, supporting her on her success with Tinchy Stryder... Oh the shame... But what a fun night we had. Now I'm going to take some time to focus on me. I've been in this band for 11 years and I have achieved so much. I have a great family and friends who are behind me 100% and at the age of 24, I'm now going out into this world on my own... Although im nervous... I'm still very excited on what lies ahead. :-) I want to thank the Sugababes fans and my fans for all your support and all who have never judged me, but excepted me for who I am... The feisty, funny, professional, fearless, motor mouth... lol This is not the end... but the beginning!!!!

Thank you always...

Keisha xxx

OMG, I totally misread your post and thought Amelle was leaving. Really surprised that it's actually Keisha. I honestly thought Amelle would go it alone having just had a UK number 1.

I saw the Sugababes outside a party in London about three years ago, Amelle was pretty new to the group then and hung around for ages with people wanting autographs, so did Heidi, but Keisha just walked straight past everyone without saying a word and sat in a cab for about 15 minutes. She didn't look drunk or anything so I thought it was pretty rude. She's probably my least favourite member, although I'm probably bearing bit of a grudge (haha) but I think being the only founding member it's almost like the Sugababes might lose a bit of credability by her leaving just because none of the members are original now. I know it's fickle, but that's how it works in showbiz I think.

I think Amelle and Heidi are great though, so I hope it works out for everyone.

This sucks. Out of all the girlbands out now Sugarbabes are they best.

UPDATE - News of the World "journalist" Dan Wooten is Tweeting details about the drama.

I HAVE SPOKEN TO KEISHA. SHE'S OK.
Keisha was booted out of her own band. She is the voice of this band. I feel her treatment has been DISGUSTING. She did EVERYTHING she could
The Sugababes management were auditioning members and re--recording the album in LA this week BEHIND KEISHA'S BACK. WTF???
She reached out to both Amelle and Heidi. Attempted to find out how she could change to make this work. She had never been cautioned before.
Keisha was told that Amelle is now the Sugababes. How deluded is that? She's the voice of the band, she wrote the songs. This is WRONG.
I can report Island Records have bn supportive of Keisha. That's the good news. This was driven by Heidi, Amelle and the band's management.
Keisha stayed in LA to try and work this out. She was prepared to make compromises to the girls so the line-up could stay in tact.
I must stress Keisha was NOT lying to me on Saturday evening when she said Jade was not joining the band. She did not know at that point.
The management didn't want a member who could speak for herself and would not be muzzled. That does NOT make her a bully. I know that.
Keisha caught the plane to LA with Heidi. They kissed at the airport. But Heidi did NOT stick up for her after all these years.
Keisha is best mates with Leona Lewis. We all know Leona would not be friend with a bully, no way.
Keisha stayed the night at Amelle's house just three weeks ago. Why would you let your 'bully' stay the night?
Best thing Keisha said to me tonight is that she's now going to change her hairstyle because she won't get in trouble for doing so!
She's a liberated woman now. She's been in this band since she was 12! So now she feels she can start living a little. Good on her!

---
The UK tabs are going to be all over this tomorrow.

Sounds like he's stirring to be honest. Keisha at the very least toed the line and said there was no animosity, but that's not much of a news story I guess.

It's a shame because Keisha's more of an asset than Amelle IMO. Singing a hook on a Tinchy Stryder song that any random uk female could've doesn't suddenly push her to the forefront of UK music.

It's a shame because Keisha's more of an asset than Amelle IMO. Singing a hook on a Tinchy Stryder song that any random uk female could've doesn't suddenly push her to the forefront of UK music.
Totally agreed!!

KARMA!!:heart:

Sugababes 2009-09-22 - film their new video in the Santa Clarita desert just outside of Los Angeles with new member Jade Ewen.

The shoot occured just days after Keisha Buchanan was sacked from the British girl group

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->