Sugababes

I think it has been tactless the way they've done things, but I'm not entirely surprised. I don't read loads of interviews with them, but they had mentioned they were going a lot more towards dancing on stage and doing a whole kind of 'show', instead of focusing just on singing. And it seemed clear (well in that one live performance) that Keshia was probably the weakest on this and the least comfortable, and they were gunning for someone who would be more dynamic in this way. It's a shame though because the group was good, and they've basically shown that it's not so much a girl group as a music group managed by external forces but oh well...

Woah, I didn't see this coming at all! Poor Keisha!

More pics from the new video:

celebrityparadise

BTW....Didn't Jade Ewen sing for the UK in the Eurovisions this year??

Yes she did Emilee. And I agree with the sentiment that it's tactless how they got rid of Keisha, I hope she doesn't read tFS and see the photos of the girls shooting that video already!

Jade Ewen 2009-09-23 - New Sugababe Gets First Taste of Hollywood Fame

R.I.P Sugababes :( it wont be the same without keisha,it's a shame

-----------------------

Keisha pushed herself out of the Sugababes with 'It's me or Amelle' ultimatum
By Nathan Kay and Chris Johnson
Last updated at 10:51 PM on 23rd September 2009

Founding member Keisha 'refused to work with Amelle'

Keisha Buchanan was forced out of the Sugababes after she offered her management and record company the ultimatum: 'It's me or Amelle'.

A source close to the band told the Daily Mail that the 24-year-old singer's plan backfired, however, with Heidi Range refusing to side with her.

Jade Ewen, 21, has now replaced the founding member and 24 hours after Keisha's shock exit the trio were spotted filming their new video About A Girl in the LA desert.

Our insider revealed that when it came to deciding who Jade would replace, Heidi refused to take Keisha's side, leaving the final decision to industry bigwigs.

The source said: 'Keisha insisted she would leave the band if Amelle was still in it. So, she gave them the "it's her or me" ultimatum.

'At first, they didn't quite know what to do and consulted Heidi. She refused to take either side and refused to gang up with Keisha to push Amelle out.'

'Keisha thought she would get her way in the end as she was the only original member of the band left but her plan back fired and they refused to get rid of Amelle.

'Keisha was asked one final time if she wanted to stay in the band with Amelle still in the line-up but she refused.'

'There will be a lot less hassle now that she has gone. She pushed herself out really and is already regretting her decision.'

On Tuesday, the new line up cavorted around the LA desert in leather outfits as they attempt to up the raunch factor for a crack at America on Jay-Z's label, Roc Nation.

The high stakes go some way to explaining the ugly split that left Keisha so upset she burst into tears in the middle of a nightclub hours after being dropped.

Turmoil has played a huge part in the evolution of the group but the speed of the management's action has taken the world of pop by surprise.

Keisha officially left the band only on Monday, citing a break down in trust and a lack of communication when it had seemed Amelle would be the one leaving.

But within hours, they new-look trio - with Amelle at the heart of the action - were strutting their stuff in the Santa Clarita desert just outside LA.

And there was no time to worry about Keisha's feelings.

The trio performed separate dance routines during the morning and then came together for the first time for a synchronised routine during the heat of the afternoon.

About A Girl features the new Sugababes in sexy studded leather outfits, with Heidi springing out of a car and tossing her hair around while her stunt double beats up a man.

It is Heidi who has been labelled as chief agitator in the break-up of the line-up which had survived three-plus years since Amelle joined in place of Mutya Buena.

Tensions were said to be high between Amelle and Keisha and claims emerged today that Heidi wanted an end to the infighting before the assault on America - and struck a secret deal with Amelle.

Hours after announcing the news on Twitter, Keisha headed out to party - with a reputed six-figure settlement in her purse - and tried to put on a brave face.

The 24-year-old went at the Red Bull Fashion Factory party in London on Monday night.

But she was unable to maintain the facade and burst into tears in the middle of the party, having to be comforted by Oritse Williams of JLS.

Just two weeks earlier, Keisha had talked excitedly about the desert shoot and revealed she had given up junk food to get into shape.

It was on that night at nightclub Movida that rumours of a rift between the girls surfaced after Amelle, 25, failed to show up for a gig, leaving Keisha and Heidi, 26, to sing as a duo.

At the time Keisha said Amelle's no-show was down to a close friend of hers being involved in a car crash.

With rumours of a bust-up between Amelle and Keisha, it had seemed that Amelle was on her way out of the band.

Instead when Jade goes into the recording studio to record vocals for the upcoming album Sweet 7, it will be Keisha's voice the guys in the studio will be erasing.

According to reports in The Sun yesterday, Heidi wanted a less headstrong character in the band and the management plumped for former Eurovision singer Jade after a week of hasty auditions.

A source told the newspaper: 'Keisha clashed with Amelle since she joined.

'Heidi did not want to be in a position where a big bust-up might arise while they're promoting their material Stateside.

'So she persuaded management a less headstrong character would be better suited to the group.'

Speaking of Keisha's breakdown on Monday night, a source at the London Fashion Week party, in New Oxford Street, said: 'Michelle Williams [of Destiny’s Child] was the first to share words of encouragement.

'But it all got too much for Keisha, who started to cry in the middle of the party and Oritse from JLS had to comfort her.

'It was heartbreaking. She felt devastated about what happened and thinks everyone thinks she’s a b***h when she did everything she could to make it work between her and Heidi and Amelle.'

Keisha’s replacement, 21-year-old Jade Ewen, was poached from her own record label a week ago, despite releasing her single My Man on Monday.

A source said: 'Jade was approached by the Sugababes’ record label Island last week and pretty much bundled onto a plane to LA on the same day, where they were shooting the next video.'

Jade represented the UK in this year’s Eurovision Song Contest, singing My Time. The source added: 'Her profile’s pretty big since Eurovision, but she felt she couldn’t say no.

'Her own record label didn’t even know she had gone, so were getting panicky.'

Posting a message on Twitter, Buchanan, who has been in the band for 11 years, said: 'Although it was not my choice to leave, it's time to enter a new chapter in my life.'

She stressed that she had 'nothing but positive things to say about the girls' adding: 'I would like to state that there were no arguments, bullying or anything of the sort that lead to this.'

But she also said: 'Sometimes a break down in communication and lack of trust can result in many different things.

'I would also like to point out that I have always supported the girls and they have also supported me.'
Keisha will remain with the record company Island Records to pursue her solo career, a spokesman for the band confirmed.

Meanwhile former bandmate Mutya Buena told GMTV this morning that she would love to reform the original Sugababes line-up.

Speaking to GMTV’s Lorraine Kelly, Mutya said that performing again with Siobhan Donaghy and Keisha Buchanan would be ‘amazing’, and stated that the current Sugababes – now consisting entirely of substitutes – are not really the Sugababes anymore.

'Personally, I just don’t think the Sugababes is the Sugababes anymore,' said Mutya.

'I mean, it would be different if Keisha had stayed in it and someone else had gone – then it would be the Sugababes. But wow, I suppose now there’s no original Sugababes we should just all reform again.'

She continued: 'Obviously the brand name of Sugababes will always carry on. But to say like there’s no original in the Sugababes, it just kind of puts it down a bit.'

And on the possibility of reforming with Siobhan and Keisha, Mutya said: 'Well you know, we’re all grown up. I haven’t been with the Sugababes for so long, and you know, I’ve had my years of growing up and learning about what I want in life and getting to look after my daughter. So hooking up with the rest of the girls – I think that could be an amazing idea, definitely.’

Asked if Keisha might have quit the band because of bullying allegations, Mutya replied: 'No, to tell you the truth – I heard there were rumours about Keisha being a bully, but that’s all lies. I mean, the reasons why people had left is not because of bullying.

'I think everyone’s got their own opinion about things, but they’re all grown women – no one’s going to allow another woman to – like I would never let another person bully me. So to the whole bullying subject – I think it’s all rubbish.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...-ultimatum.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Sugababes arriving at Radio One (25-09-09)

Sugababes, Heidi Range, Amelle Berrabah and New Member Jade Ewen create a fan filled frenzy outside the BBC Radio One studios London, UK on September 25, 2009.

I'm dissappointed in Heidi. If things were that bad, they should have disbanded then started another group, rather than kick the founding member out of her own group.

Is it just me or does Jade look a bit like Amelle, doesn´t she?

Sugababes deny Keisha pushed out

The Sugababes have denied that the sole survivor of the female pop group'soriginal line-up was pushed out.
The trio were interviewed together for the first time since Keisha Buchanan was replaced by former Eurovision singer Jade Ewen earlier this week.
"We just told our managers we couldn't work like this," Heidi Range said and called the new line-up "a new page".
She and Amelle Berrabah told BBC Radio 1 they did not meet Ewen until two days before shooting a video in the US. Range told afternoon presenter Scott Mills: "Life's too short and you have to enjoy yourself.
"You try to make it work. I have so much respect for the journey that we had with Keisha. "It's hard but you've got to make a life decision, where you're going to move on, and I know there were reports in the paper that I planned to get Keisha out of the group and that's completely not true."

Main project
She added: "And the one thing I want people to know is that I know I made the right choice, morally, as a person, and I can live with myself with a clear conscience.
"I did the right thing as did Amelle. We're not gonna start saying stuff. No need for it."

o.gif
Ewen said she was flown to Los Angeles on Sunday and had not been aware she was going to join the Sugababes. She called the experience "exciting".
Ewen confirmed that her solo single My Man, which was released on Monday, is still available for sale, but she would be putting that aspect of her career to one side.
She said: "The Sugababes is my main project," adding that a planned solo album was not completed.
Range said that shortly after the departure of Buchanan, she and Berrabah were given the chance to continue with a new bandmate.
Berrabah, who was initially thought to have quit the band, said she did not "disappear" before Buchanan's departure was officially announced.
"I'd hit a wall and just needed some time alone," she said.

Hit singles

The new line-up's first single together, About A Girl, was played for the first time on Mills' show. Ewen is still recording vocals for their next album, which had featured Buchanan's voice. The group was formed in 1998 by Buchanan, Mutya Buena and Siobhan Donaghy. Range replaced Donaghy in 2001 and in 2005 Buena was replaced by Berrabah. The Sugababes have enjoyed six UK number one singles, including Freak Like Me and Push the Button. But the last 12 months have seen the group release the lowest-selling album of their career.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8275750.stm

An Important Personal Message From Heidi and Jade
8am Friday 16th October 2009

Unfortunately, Amelle has been forced to take an unexpected short break away from the pressures of work, following some professional medical advice earlier this week. It seems that with all the recent events in the band right up to Jade joining us a few weeks ago, the stress over a period of months has unfortunately taken its toll on Amelle and she is now suffering from a severe bout of nervous exhaustion.

For the next 3 weeks, Amelle will be staying at a private health clinic in Europe where she will be able to rest and recuperate under expert supervision. We’re expecting her to return to work in full health by the beginning of November.

Heidi: “Both Amelle and I have been through a very traumatic time together in recent months and particularly over the past few weeks. Having the opportunity to move forward with Jade was a major factor in us both deciding to carry on as Sugababes. And judging from the thousands of well wishes we have received from you, our fans, we are delighted that we made the right decision. However, the months leading up to that decision certainly took their toll, especially on Amelle, and it seems like it’s now all caught up with her.

Jade: “We’ve got a hectic schedule of promotional commitments ahead of us to launch our next single on 9th Nov and the album on 23rd Nov. We’re about to go into the run up to Christmas, so we’re glad that Amelle is getting the right support now to help her return to work at such a busy time.

Unfortunately, this means that our fans expecting to see our debut live performance at Leeds this Sunday for Aire FM will be disappointed by the band not being able to perform. However, we will still be coming up to meet our Leeds fans and send on your well wishes to Amelle. We’re also sad to be missing out on a TV show that we were due to perform in Germany this Saturday but our label are trying to re-book this for November.

Although we know this news all comes as a huge disappointment to Sugababes fans, we really do have to treat Amelle’s welfare as our priority at times like this. She has the love and support of everyone around her including family, friends, bandmates, management and the label and we’re sure our fans will join us in wishing her a speedy recovery.

Lotsa luv,

Heidi & Jade xx
sugababes.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->