Sugababes

Maeve

Reaction score
Sugababes are a UK girl group formed in 1998. They have so far released 15 singles that have reached worldwide top 40 charts, including four UK number one singles. They have also had three UK top five albums — Angels With Dirty Faces in 2002, Three in 2003 and the Number 1 album Taller in More Ways in 2005. They won the Brit Award for "Best British Dance Act" in 2003, and were nominated for Best British Single for "Push the button" in 2006.

The three-piece have survived two line-up changes during their seven years, with their latest incarnation seeing the arrival of Amelle Berrabah in December 2005, following founding member Mutya Buena’s departure.

084yu.jpg
058ah.jpg

015zy.jpg
049lu.jpg

025px.jpg

credit for images: Sugababes Generation

from concert:

from shoot for Pretty Polly campaign

credit to Sugababes UK forum

Last edited by a moderator:
spiceboy said:
red dress video is a glam miracle
I love that video, especially Heidi´s style in it. She looks gorgeous.

Full Name: Keisha Buchanan
Born: 30th September 1984
Star Sign: Libra
Siblings: 1 Brother
Idols: Whitney Houston & Brandy

Co-founding member Keisha Buchanan used to practice her singing when she was younger by recording her voice on a tape recorder as her parents couldn't afford singing lessons. Keisha gave up singing for a little while when she was around 8 but her passion soon came back after she met Mutya.
Keisha first saw Mutya performing on Michael Barrymore's show and admired her because she was the same age and could sing. When Keisha and her family moved to Kingsbury in North West London she was put in the same class as Mutya. After a couple of days the girls became friends and made a gang called 'The Love Gang' where they'd talk about boys.

Full Name: Heidi India Range
Born: 23rd May 1983
Star Sign: Gemini
Siblings: 2 Sisters
Marital Status: Partner, Dave Berry (MTV)
Favourite Food: Seafood
Favourite Colour: Blue
Childhood Nickname: Tinkerbell

Heidi Range joined the Sugababes in autumn 2001 after the departure of Siobhan. When Heidi first went to the auditions she didn't know exactly what she was auditioning for. She was one of five girls picked to sing and dance in front of Keisha and Mutya. Keisha admits at first they weren't sure about Heidi when she entered the room, blonde haired, blue-eyed girl, ex-Atomic Kitten member, but can she sing?
They were blown away by her voice and chose her to be in the band.
Heidi began singing at an early age. Her first show was when she was three and she performed "Hey Little Hen" at the Neptune Theatre in Liverpool where she is from.
When she was 15 she was in a band with Liz and Kerry from Atomic Kitten but left before they made it big because the music wasn't the type she wanted to sing. She nearly got picked to be in the band Scooch and recorded some solo tracks before joining the Sugababes. At aged 18 she joined the Sugababes and made one of her first appearances with the group at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2001.
When not on the road Heidi lives with her partner Dave Berry, in their East London Flat.

Full Name: Amelle Berrabah
Born: 22nd April 1984
Siblings: 1 sisters, Samiya and Zakiya, and 1 brother
Marital Status: Currently in a relationship
Favourite Sugababes Song: Stronger and Gotta Be You

Amelle joined the Sugababes in December 2005, following the departure of founder member Mutya Buena.
Amelle is from Aldershot in Hampshire and is of Moroccan descent. She commented upon joining the band: "For years I've dreamt of breaking into the music business but never did I dream of waking up one day to be the third Sugababe! They're the biggest girl group in the country and absolutely the only band I would ever think about joining. When their manager approached me with the offer, I was in such a state of shock that I couldn't even answer him! Like millions of girls my age, I've grown up with Sugababes' music as a soundtrack to my life and I've been a fan of theirs for years. I still can't believe my luck!"

credits:
profiles: Sugababes Generation
pictures: Sugababes UK forums

Previous Members

Full Name: Rosa Isabel Mutya Buena
Born: 21st May 1985
Star Sign: Taurus
Siblings: 4 Brothers & 2 Sisters
Marital Status: 1 Daughter, Thalia Maya Buena
Idols: Mariah Carey
Allergies: Dust & Feathers (She's Asthmatic)
Shoe Size: 4

Co-founding member Mutya Buena began singing at an early age. She always sung songs to herself and got told by her brothers to shut up! One of her earliest memories on stage was when she was six and performed in front of 2,000 people.
When the girls are on the road for promotional trips they are away from their family and friends for a long time, this is one of the reasons why Mutya says she can't live without her mobile phone. She even carries notepads with everyone's phone numbers in with her just incase she loses her phone.

Mutya is the youngest and most laid back member of the group, when everything's stressful she'll sit by herself in a corner and chill. Mutya's mother is Irish and her dad is from the Philippines.

Full Name: Siobhan Donaghy
Born: 14th June 1983
Star Sign: Gemini
Siblings: 2 sisters

After a chance meeting on the way back from Ibiza, Johnny Rockstar was shocked at the state Siobhan Donaghy was in, immediately contacted old Sugababe producer Cameron McVey. Cameron took Siobhan under his wing and teaming her with his son Marlon. Cameron, Marlon and another young writer helped Siobhan get back to doing what she loved best, writing, singing and performing, something she loved when part of the Sugababes. She found writing therapeutic and helped her release all the negative emotion and hurt she had within her.

Although Donaghy was proud of the album she had created, she had no intention of sharing the it with anyone other than herself, her friends and her family. This is not surprising as Siobhan was hurt, exhausted and scarred from the first battle with the music industry and did not have the energy to go through it all again.

This soon changed after the positive feedback she recieved from her friends and family, all giving different suggestions as to which single should be released from the album first. This made her feel more confident and knew she had created something special. Soon after, Siobhan sent a 5-track demo to CMO management, responsible for the managing the likes of blur, and was signed up immediately. Together they decided to sign to record label Wea/London and thought now was the time to finally release something.

The first release, 'Nothing But Song', was low-key and was limited and available as 7" vinyl only. Donaghy decided to go under the alias 'Shanghai Nobody' (an anagram of her name) as she wanted to be noticed for her music - not as 'that girl who left the Sugababes'. Siobhan and her new name toured up and down the UK performing with her band at the tiniest of venues. 3 months later, on June 23rd 2003 her first commercial single, 'Overrated', was released and charted at a respectable #19 on the 29th.

Now touring under her real name, Donaghy continued to perform at more small, low-key venues including the Louisiana in Bristol (her first official public gig) and Barfly in Cardiff. July saw her and her band playing at Glastonbury in the new band tent, supporting the Polyphonic Spree on their 3-date tour as well as appearing as Mocrcheeba's specially selected, secret support act.

Two media only dates in Glasgow and Manchester, plus various London dates, all in September brought us to the release of her second single 'Twist Of Fate'. Sadly the single was poorly promoted and only managed to enter the Official UK Singles Chart at #52. Two weeks later, and two years in the making, Siobhan's critically acclaimed debut album, Revolution In Me, got to see the light of day which was released on the 29th September. Described as an "intelligent and honest" album by Siobhan, we have to agree with her and can safely describe it as no less than a masterpiece.
Siobhan left the Sugababes in September 2001, due to her not getting on with Keisha and Mutya. Heidi Range replaced her as the third member, in October 2001.

profiles: Sugababes Generation
pictures: www.sugababes.fan.pl

The Sugababes have been through a lot. They have my respect and they have made some really great music, although not all of their songs are that good. But I like them.

"Push the Button" is currently one of my favorite songs to dance to. The beat is spectacular. :woot:

Sugababes at Palais Am Funkturm

at Elle Style Awards

credit to: sugababes UK forum

I didn't realize that they've been around for that long, I feel old now. :blush:

At first I thought they'd just be a one-hit-wonder but they've found their own sound and place in music. I like their singles but have never bought any of their albums.

I really liked Siobhan -she's so pretty and I liked that "Overrated" song of hers.

The Prince's Trust 30th Birthday, Sat 20th May

hollywodsbest.net

Petite Coquette said:
I didn't realize that they've been around for that long, I feel old now. :blush:

At first I thought they'd just be a one-hit-wonder but they've found their own sound and place in music. I like their singles but have never bought any of their albums.

I really liked Siobhan -she's so pretty and I liked that "Overrated" song of hers.
I feel the same:lol:

I don´t like Siobhan so much when she was with babes. It´s strange but I don´t like her voice, in my opinion it didn´t go together with Keisha´s and Mutya´s.
But since her solo career I´ve started to like her, her solo songs are really good. I´m looking forward to her next album. Her new single should be out in June and the album should follow on later this year.

Siobhan´s latest photoshoot for 125 Magazine

credit to Siobhan Donaghy forums

I love the sugababes. Red dress is like my favourite song from them, and I love what they are wearing in that video.

It is so annoying that the members always change:lol:

I liked the redhead...but Heidi is the hottest

I love Sugababes their last album is great one and they really can sing i love the new band member Amelle she beautiful.
And yest the RED DRESS's vid is wonderful i olso love the "Follow me home" one.Heidi looks fad in it.^_^
I think that Mutya left because she wanted to take care of her daughter.:(

I'm so glad there's a Sugababes thread now! They are a fantastic group. EACH member can actually SING and there are great positive messages behind their music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->