Elizabeth and James : by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen

Anyone on here (guys) purchase anything from the mens line? Also, is the only place to get the menswear online at Barneys?

elizabeth-and-james03.jpg
elizabeth-and-james02.jpg

elizabeth-and-james01.jpg

the hendrix, stevie, and joni jeans

In two weeks, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen will stage their first fashion presentation for The Row, and today their junior brand, Olsenboye, finally launches at J.C. Penney. Yet there’s still one more project to announce: a denim-based secondary collection under the Elizabeth and James contemporary label.

Named Textile Elizabeth and James, the three-jean lineup, which launches in March, zeroes in on Seventies styles — the Hendrix, with a slight bell-bottom; the low-slung Stevie, and the cropped, high-waisted Joni. The amusing inspirational twist here: These designs stem from actual jeans in the Olsens’ own wardrobe, with one pair dating back to their high school years.

The Stevie, for instance, features dark pocket impressions, with the actual pockets missing from the front and slightly shifted in the back. “[The original] was reworked for them in high school,” said Jane Siskin, president and chief executive officer of L’Koral Industries, which produces Elizabeth and James as well as Olsenboye. “They didn’t like where the pockets were so they moved them.” The collection, which wholesales from $106 to $111, will be launched exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus and Intermix.

In the fall, the Olsens plan to roll out a full lifestyle collection for Textile. “We’re talking about the favorite things you want to wear with your jeans, like the ultimate flannel shirt,” said Siskin. The recently launched Elizabeth and James men’s collection, meanwhile, will be repackaged under the Textile umbrella, with less suiting and more casual- and outerwear.

“Elizabeth and James is a name the customers really relate to,” said Siskin. “To give them this other piece of their wardrobe, with the same brand, is an easy connect.”
wwd / february 3, 2010

not feeling those styles at all. maybe i need to see more though.

Has anyone purchased anything from the mens line? I have been looking at some pieces online, but wanted to see if the price was worth it?

photos from the textile collection as well as a plaid shirt for fall that costs 185$.
luckymag

Attachments

• textile1.jpg
    textile1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 0
  • textile2.jpg
    textile2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1
  • textile3.jpg
    textile3.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 0
  • textile4.jpg
    textile4.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1
NYFW: Elizabeth and James F/W 11

Much like you, dear readers, we adore all things Elizabeth and James, which is why we were so excited to get an exclusive first look at the brand’s upcoming pre-fall and fall collection during fashion week. We stopped by the showroom yesterday and were delighted to find a tightly edited collection with bohemian-glam sensibilities—a vibe that makes perfect sense when we hear that Marianne Faithfull is the muse this season. So what does that mean? Lots of incredibly cool fur vests, some perfectly tailored pieces, like a pair of high-waisted, wide-leg trousers with leather detailing (very Keith Richards), semi-sheer bow-tie blouses in subtle prints, a dark denim suit with a ’70s silhouette, and feather accents (on a print halter maxi dress, tops, and more). Also worth nothing: little t-shirts with leather sleeves, chunky-knit cowlneck sweaters, and blazer with leather sleeve details and collars. Aside from the clothes, we’re also delighted to report that Elizabeth and James is launching their first optical collection shortly and all the offerings are darling. The glasses will arriving in stores at the end of May and the styles are incredible darling, especially the circular wire frames. The brand is also expanding their sunglasses soon, including an incredible pair of geometric sunglasses with totally flat lenses and gray frames, which are incredibly chic too.

Source: whowhatwear.com

So, they had more of a presentation than a runway show? Or was it just a preview for editors and stylists?

M-K and Ashley Get Intellectual: Elizabeth and James Optical
By Laura Clark
It seems that Mary-Kate and Ashley are aiming to conquer fashion in its entirety. Their retail empire is comprised of lines of casual and couture separates, department store partnerships, denim, sunglasses, menswear (for The Row, coming this fall!) and now they'd like to replace your eyeglasses with something more stylish, too.

Hot off the success of their highly covetable sunglass line, Elizabeth and James is launching an optical line this summer. For those of us who can't quite find the right Warby Parker frames, or who want to be able to wear our Fairfax sunnies indoors, the addition of an optical line from Mary-Kate and Ashley is great news.

Whether you're after specs with round professor-esque frames, vintage Mad Men-style cat eyes, or classic frames that won't ever go out of style, Elizabeth and James doesn't disappoint with their new line. The approximately 30 different styles of frames will be available at high-end optical boutiques soon.

What do you think the twins will conquer next? Housewares, maybe?

Some are kinda cute.

stylecaster.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth and James Textile Lookbook!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks cozy albeit inspired heavily by college trips to Peru. I can smell the patchouli now.

the denim patches are dated. but 90s seem to insist itself to be a trend right now.

i do like the pattern on the last two sweaters.

I agree it looks dated, and not very inspiring for me personally. There are single pieces I like...but overall I don't like the "vibe".

I'm having arts and crafts college flashbacks looking at it. Not in a good way. Drum circle anybody?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xunlaibong
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->