The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meg and Classicalbang!! thank you so much!!!!
Meg, I wont be wearing a blazer, just the shirt, balmain black biker jeans, a chain belt and black pumps...do u think it would be too matchy if i wore a black bra?
Classicalbang...yeah i liked how black bra looks under a white shirt there is something sexy about it...only thing is the row shirts are very sheer...

Could this be from The Row? I think I remember seeing it somewhere...

4r8475.jpg

TLFAN.TO

it could be...but i know james perse also made long tank dresses this summer....

i got an email from barneys.com today...the warrington coat (cashmere/wool/silk) is $3800...

i got the email too.

i want the Buford plaid shirt SO badly! but when i went to the page on barneys.com it was sold out AND it was somewhere around $800 :shock:

does anyone know if they're going to be doing any scarfs for FW09? I really loved that blue one that was posted from a couple of seasons ago (a few dozen posts back).

^^that was a great scarf! Leyla you wouldn't still happen to have that laying around would you? :D:D Now that it's getting cooler out, I've got scarves on the brain!

I saw several of The Row pieces this weekend at Barneys in Chicago. Love, love, love the lamb (shearling? I'm not sure but it was furry on the outside!) brown coat.

The cashmere buford shirt was very nice, but one could easily replicate the look with something similiar from a traditional menswear line. The gray sweater with the shawl collar was amazing- so soft! Overall I'm pretty much in love with every piece (as usual!).

Barney`s NY f/w 2009 (Anja Rubik by Terry Richardson)

extracted by Alien Sex Friend from Barneys.com

I dont understand why people think that james perse could also be The Row? i just think they are completely different cut wise and material...yes the style is similiar but its different...i love the row material...i am totally hooked!!! i just ordered more basic shirts...aghhh to die for...

^
yes! and I'm sure the RO costs less... which is saying a lot for the Row's prices :shock:

Rick Owens > The Row.

no matter how much I like the Olsens, i thought the knockoff was meant to be cheaper??! :innocent:

Meg and Classicalbang!! thank you so much!!!!
Meg, I wont be wearing a blazer, just the shirt, balmain black biker jeans, a chain belt and black pumps...do u think it would be too matchy if i wore a black bra?
Classicalbang...yeah i liked how black bra looks under a white shirt there is something sexy about it...only thing is the row shirts are very sheer...

with the black bra I would ditch the black pumps...it could bring the look into a more sexy/trashy place. I'd go with flats especially for day! :heart:

^
I agree. GREAT suggestion. There is something SO sexy about a woman who doesn't feel that she needs to wear heels everywhere. The flats take the outfit in such a confident direction.

Lauren modeling a blazer by The Row:

Source: Scanned by flyme2themoon (from O, The Oprah Magazine October 2009)

with the black bra I would ditch the black pumps...it could bring the look into a more sexy/trashy place. I'd go with flats especially for day! :heart:
thanks for the suggestions!!:flower: But it was more of an evening sorta look...and the pumps were the studded pigalle louboutins...i was trying to for a sexy/biker sorta look not trashy though

The Row to do jeans for Spring 2010

2hcj9te.jpg

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen held their Spring 2010 showroom presentation for The Row today, and Who What Wear's Katherine Power Tweets: "such great jackets and for the first time, jeans! They look like vintage levis, so good." O magazine's Adam Glassman snapped a picture of a mint green cardigan from the collection.

TWITTER.COM/THEREALADAMSAYS + FASHIONOLOGIE.COM

The Olsens Enter the Eyewear Game

2enb3ug.jpg

2gsfodf.jpg

They’ve set trends with their bold eyewear style and now Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen can step out in their own shades.

The designers are launching an eyewear collection for spring under their luxury label The Row, produced in licensed partnership with Linda Farrow Eyewear.

Retailing from $325 to $390, the collection features four styles: a classic metal aviator, an oversize square frame, vintage-inspired brow-line rims and a pair of round shades taken from the Sixties. The company declined to specify financial expectations or anticipated points of sale, noting only that it will target its current retailers, including Barneys New York and Bergdorf Goodman.

“We’re testing the market first and obviously these are four very different silhouettes, so we’re seeing what people are responding to and we’ll open up a couple more silhouettes for fall,” Ashley Olsen said. “We tried to find certain pieces that look good on more than one face, to pay close attention to how they fit certain faces and make them wearable at the same time.”

The Olsens are no strangers to the accessories market. Other than making their own mark with innovative, sometimes over-the-top self-styling, the pair also collaborated with Robert Lee Morris on a costume jewelry collection under their contemporary label Elizabeth and James. They may add additional categories to The Row, such as footwear and handbags, but added that for now, they have their “hands full.”

“Designing eyewear was definitely more complicated than we thought, and of course we wanted to be extremely hands-on,” said Mary-Kate. “From what I understand, the first year with eyewear is figuring out what the process will be like for us specifically. I think everyone does it differently, whether it’s looking through old materials or archives or working with drawings and measurements.”

London-based Linda Farrow produces eyewear for edgier, niche fashion lines, such as Bernard Wilhelm, Dries Van Noten and Jeremy Scott. Managing director Simon Jablon said the firm prefers to partner with labels that have “different personalities,” adding The Row was a compelling opportunity.

“[The Row is] selling in the best stores and is worn by people who are decision makers, so for our eyewear to be associated with them is fantastic,” Jablon said. “Mary-Kate and Ashley know what they want, so it doesn’t feel like a standard licensing deal in that they really are hands-on. They’re also fashion forward and innovative, which makes it exciting for us.”

wwd.com

finally!

I always thought eyewear would become the next step for the Olsens, specially in The Row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtesttestx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->