Emanuele Farneti Named Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Italia & L'Uomo Vogue

Marc10

Staff member
Reaction score
Rumored by WWD, now confirmed by Camera Moda

Congratulations to @efarneti, new editor-in-chief of @vogueitalia and @luomovogue

Wow, very interesting they went with him, unexpected, and hopefully it means they do not want to make VI more into another commercial book! This gives me hope!

I've never read GQ Italy, so I don't know what to expect. What's this guy's background? Anyone knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cannot say I am familiar with him or his work, however if GQ Italia is like its American counterpart can not say I have much confidence in this choice, but time will tell.

Apparently he worked at national newspapers and news magazines, at GQ and at fashion magazine Flair.
I'm curious and wasn't expecting a man, don't know why not. :smile:

Cannot say I am familiar with him or his work, however if GQ Italia is like its American counterpart can not say I have much confidence in this choice, but time will tell.

It is like it. Then again it's GQ so we can only wait and see what he does. I don't have a good feeling about it though.

Apparently he worked at national newspapers and news magazines, at GQ and at fashion magazine Flair.
I'm curious and wasn't expecting a man, don't know why not. :smile:

Add Architectural Digest to that list. What a weird group of titles to have on your resume. Just saw his Insta, loads of celebrity GQ covers which i suppose makes sense. But who knows, maybe he's got different plans for VI.

I just hope it's not a 'Jack of all trades, leader of none' situation......

Nice! First man at Vogue? Very curious about this.

If I remember correctly, he will become the second male EIC of Vogue Italia, the first being Franco Sartori. He's also the second male EIC in modern era of Vogue, the first being the EIC of Vogue Thailand.

This is definitely a bold move for them especially since VI has been lost for the past few years. Can't judge his work since he held GQ, a highly commercialized magazine for men. So I'm giving him a chance.

What surprises me is how they didn't even get a stylist or any other woman editor from the magazine

I seriously hope he shakes things up in VI. Change that awful layout of theirs and give more opportunity to other photographers without having to lose sight of their identity.

Last edited by a moderator:
His GQ job gives me pause but like MON said, it´s a very commercial magazine. Covers aside, anyone remembers the content? I´m gonna hunt down some digi issues..

Vogue Taiwan EIC is also a male, grabbing the coach since 1996.

Vogue Korea also has a male EIC, and he is doing a great job, imo. Not to mention the man is simply the best dressed fashion editor out there!

So I was browsing the January issue of GQ, the model editorials have a similar vibe to what we´re used to in VI. Unless he uses a lot of celebrities on the covers, I have confidence that he won´t change it so much.
A new design will be welcomed though.

Models for VI and male celebs for L'UOMO, as Franca's period. I like the fashion of italian GQ, they cast models for the eds.

Oh dear I don't have a good feeling about this but I would love to be proven wrong.

Can anyone name a female EIC, off the top of their head, who's helmed a men's fashion magazine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->