After Anna : Who Should Be The Next Editor In Chief of Vogue?

^^LOL the specualtion certainly wont end i see, but seriously who is that, that FWD is implying? :huh:

that wwd piece shut me down but she has to go at some point..anyway I liked to know who too!:P

Source | New York Observer

"I have no plans to leave American Vogue now or in the foreseeable future," said Vogue editor Anna Wintour as she was walking out of the Plaza this morning.

Ms. Wintour was at the Plaza today along with New Yorker editor David Remnick and Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter to participate in a panel discussion sponsored by the Newhouse School of Communication and The New Yorker.

Rumors have been circulating for weeks that Ms. Wintour was coming close to giving up her editor's chair. Earlier this week, Condé Nast chairman Si Newhouse dismissed reports he was meeting in France with French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld about her replacing Ms. Wintour. "This is the silliest rumor I ever heard," he said. Ms. Wintour, when offered the chance to dismiss the rumor on November 21st, only fueled further speculation when she told a reporter to go away.

This morning was the first time she attempted to put the rumor to rest (though, if we want to get really precise about it there is a difference between leaving Vogue and leaving the editor's chair. But still).

So what would it take to get Ms. Wintour out of her job?

The panel's moderator, New Yorker writer Ken Auletta, asked all three editors what would be next for them.

"Death," said Mr. Remnick.

"I can't really match that," said Ms. Wintour laughing. "I think—my father always said to me that when you get too angry that's the time to stop. The day I get too angry is the day I take up gardening."

Wow, look at what us TFSers started(and that Gawker item but mostly us). We spread a wildfire. :lol:

Whoever will replace Anna, I really want her to bring some freshness to the magazine :rolleyes:

Katie Grand is perhaps being groomed for US Vogue. LOVE could be the first step. Anna Wintour was Creative Director of US Vogue... then back to London as EIC of UK Vogue... then back to NY as EIC of House & Garden which she renamed HG & then finally EIC of US Vogue. Maybe Katie will get UK Vogue first... then US Vogue. Ahh the possibilities!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^WOW you think so? :o I would never think Grand has a shot at US Vogue (it would be shocking for me), however i certainly see her at UK Vogue after Shulman retires, that would be brilliant imho.

US Vogue eic spot could be taken by someone from Wintours camp, someone like Kotur would be perfect, she is fiercelyintelligent and a hard worker, i see her in the position easily.

But you are right, there is ton of possibility, which is why its exciting to even think about it, haha.

Katie Grand as EIC of US Vogue is certainly interesting. But I think she is too young now. Maybe she will be the successor of Anna's successor?

an idea i had would be for alexandra to take over US Vogue and katie to have UK but i would hope if katie did get the job that she wouldnt fill the pages with grunge and a very marc jacobsy style

I really do not want to see Katie get her hands on any edition of Vogue if I'm honest.

I do feel Alexandra's come to the end of her time at the UK Edition, and would really like to see someone new at the helm, but certainly not Katie. Although I do believe she was given Love for a reason by Conde Nast.

I'm not a fan of Katie Grand, but both Vogue US and UK are so dull now she might at least shake it up a bit.

yeah i think alexandra's time is up now at UK Vogue , it needs shaking up abit but i wouldn't have a clue who they would give it to
i doubt the rumors of carine going to US vogue are true because she wouldn't be able to do what she does now in america

I do feel Alexandra's come to the end of her time at the UK Edition

It would be good for her (and the readers) if she moved on to something else, because I feel she's to got the stage where she's bored with being the editor - she's certainly experienced and she's a thoughtful individual, but what's missing is that spark that brings real life to the magazine.

But I don't want a Katie Grand there, I want another Liz Tilberis. Someone who can combine innovation with gravitas. A person who can respect experimentation and the establishment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, I can't imagine Vogue without Anna.:| Well, atleast we won't have celebrity covers anymore.:wub: I HOPE.

karl templer,joe mckenna,olivier rizzo and katie grand would be so cool.....also cool for vogue uk and vogue germany!!!they need style big time!!!

^ We'll always have celebrity covers.

Especially in the United States. I can't imagine a magazine is ever going to sell fantastically in the States without the use of celebrities. It's too bigger market, and Vogue is already out sold by Elle on a monthly basis isn't it? Despite having big celebrities on the cover.

I remember there were rumors about Alyona Doletskaia going to be editor of UK or US Vogue, I think it was UK.

It wasn't until i have seen The September Issue that i realized the perfect next in line taking Wintour's place would be Sally Singer, an intelligent and very knowledgable woman. I see her easily taking over today if neccessary.

It seems as though Stefano Tonchi is going to become the editor-in-chief of W Magazine. He would then most certainly be a top contender for the EIC of Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thenextbigthing
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->