Emilio Pucci Pre-Fall 2011

Prairie

Reaction score
"WASP-y bohemians" and "Charlotte Rampling meets Stevie Nicks" were Peter Dundas' talking points for his pre-fall collection. To the casual observer, that might sound like business (pleasure?) as usual, but close Pucci watchers will notice a slightly more grown-up vibe to the designer's glam offerings. To start with, there was a little less leg than we're used to seeing at his high-energy Milan shows. Dundas has embraced the below-the-knee hems we've been seeing for a season or two now, and he's pairing his paisley-print silk jersey dresses with knee-high boots. Adding to the pulled-together feeling was a plenitude of tailoring. A pair of tie-dyed fitted suede blazers looked particularly fresh, as did a black and white tweed cape (part of a "three-piece suit" that included a vest and trousers). The mini show's closing look—a sequined turtleneck with a peephole back and sequined flares in two slightly different shades of bordeaux—was a novel and winning approach to evening. But the celebrity types who've grown fond of Dundas' body-baring frocks won't leave disappointed. Tucked among the looks was a thigh-grazing beaded dress with a lace-up back that echoed the white dress with the daring slit Gwyneth Paltrow received so much press for last month. It's a showstopper.

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

07m.jpg
08m.jpg

09m.jpg
10m.jpg

style.com

full collection is on style.com and its soooooooooooo good , it has shades of mcqueen in it ,esp the dresses

Pucci really makes beautiful clothes

OMG!!! So nice! Totally not the trashy concept I was expecting. I actually really, really love this. The prints are amazing.

It's not actually too bad, surprisingly, it keeps to the Pucci origin quite nicely, I think, though the sequin pieces could be binned.
Quite confused as to the Celine references with the sheep-buckle coat and the clean tailoring (though it is nice) seeing as the Celine lady is literally the polar-opposite of the Pucci girl.

love the collection and yeah i sniffed out a little Sarah Burton for McQueen as well :/ i still like it though, it still rings pucci

roberto, is that you?
well, it's a quite nice collection. even though there's nothing new, the clothes and accessories look really good and I like that he played with colors.

this is pretty gorgeous stuff. and it's clear mr. dundas knows how to take orders (unlike his peer ms. philo at celine) because we see the anna-wintour-approved pant flare/voluminous leg.

I totally see lots of influences from other designers, too. Cavalli, Missoni, McQueen, Celine, Valentino even. But that was already the case with last season's RTW collection, which was beautiful but had a lot of Cavalli referencs. Nonetheless this is a very beautiful Pre-Fall collection and the only looks I don't particularly like are the pink top and the red plaid pants. Very gorgeous overall. :heart:

I agree with the comments that there are a lot of seemingly obvious influences here. That's probably why I like it :lol: But there are some nice pieces and I like the colour story.

I find this collection to be very beautiful but not too sexy which somehow I really enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahGarnet
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->