Encouraging Hair Growth - How to's and Products

Just started taking Viviscal today, so we'll see how it works. I'm also planning on going to the store and getting biotin, a multivitamin, MSM, brewer's yeast, and silica. :shock: Lots of pills, especially since I already take cod liver oil, kelp, and wheatgrass. The things we do for beauty!

I did notice this morning - when Viviscal says to take it with food, they aren't kidding. Normally, I've never had issues taking pills on an empty stomach, but this one really did make me nauseous. It's definitely best to take with food.

I am so glad this thread is revived. ATM1985 please update about the viviscal. I've been looking at those. I already take fish oil and a multi.
I just want my hair to growwww. Gah.

Hair grows an average of 1 cm per month. To get 18 inch hair you have to wait way over a year! Why not try hair extensions? They wont damage the hair if done correctly and can actually protect your natural hair as the hair extension encapsules your natural hair so it wont be exposed to as much heat styling. Hair extensions are a great way to get long hair quickly.

THE EXTENSIONIST - Mobile Hair Extensions London

I am planning on getting a clip in set for halloween, so we'll see. Still. I don't want to deal with 'whoa your hair grew 15 inches! Overnight!' comments from my friends and coworkers. I just hate that kind of attention.

I just chopped off my hair the other day. I was growing it out long for awhile and it hit bra strap length. It was not growing the way I wanted it to lol if that makes sense. I did my own layers and it grew kind of stringy looking so I just chopped it up to shoulder length. My neck is short so it looks really short but my hair looks so thick and feels so soft, now I can start fresh!

I do want to try Kelp. Any suggestions on any good brands that sell Kelp supplements?

Argh, I have been growing my hair like one and half year now.
And it has gotten quite long...BUT it is in really bad shape.
I hate that I have to cut it shorter.
:shock::(
I feel like just forget the idea of long hair and keep it shorter, like shoulder lenght or something.
...maybe I just try other hair care products, any suggestions?

^
If you're really serious about growing it out, the best thing to do is avoid damaging it e.g. less heat styling, and less dye/bleach until it reaches your goal. Whenever I find a split end, I grab my sharp scissors and just snip the end off. That way I can go longer in between going to a hair salon for an all over trim.
Maybe just get a trim and don't chop it?
:flower:

^
yes, just trim.
but I just do not trust hairdressers. they never do what I ask.
maybe I just trim it by myself...
:lol:^_^
I wanna have some layers so my hair would look little fuller,
so maybe I just have to make visit to hair salon.

Has anyone tried the shampoo and conditioner 'Grow!'? It's gotten average to pretty good reviews on Amazon. I went to the salon earlier this month for a trim and ended up hating the haircut I received, only to cut it even shorter myself. I'd really like long hair again and I think I'm willing to give this product a try since some of the reviewers actually attested to hair growing faster. The following is a product description and link:

Grow Fast Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner will help your hair grow FASTER! Up to 45% faster in clinical trials! This specially formulated shampoo and conditioner uses natural amino acids and botanicals for the transforming your hair into shiny healthy fast growing hair. GROW shampoo and conditioner self adjust to any hair type. Whether your hair is dry, normal, or oily, GROW will adjust perfectly to your hair. GROW self adjusts precisely to fine or thick hair so it is the ideal everyday shampoo and conditioner. If you have hair color, GROW will help keep your color longer. Self adjusts to your hair Adds body and bounce Attracts itself to damaged areas GROW is pH balanced to 4.5-5.5 GROW! has a pH of 4.5 to 5.5. , the exact same as your hair Helps eliminate static in the hair Adds natural shine to the hair by sealing the cuticle layer and creating a flat surface naturally so light can reflect. Helps prevent damage by sealing the cuticle of the hair Low pH rinses easily from the hair
http://www.amazon.com/GROW-Shampoo-conditioner-fast-growth/dp/B0009J6ER0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I do not really believe all the hair grow faster if you youse this and this product stuff. I believe healthy lifestyle and trying not to damage hair too much...and wating and wating and wating
:ninja::rofl:

I did not trim my hair but I jused L´oreal Force Vector products and they work!
they make hair shiny, no frizz and healthy looking. Oh, and the best part is that it does not make my hair flat! these are pretty expensive but so worth of the money.
(and I am happy that I did not have to trim my hair)

2agn6lu.jpg

fashionesedaily.com

Also, in my job it is easier to have hair up and last week I started to think how much ponytail damages my hair because I have ponytail in same place every day...
:doh:

p.s Does anyone esle hate it too when brusing hair you can see hair falling down here and there...not big amounts of hair but still...
:ninja::yuk:

It's good to move your ponytail around, also, buns and french twists are supposedly healthier for the hair, because the ends are tucked in and therefore less vulnerable to damage. I can't wait til my hair is long enough for a chignon. Sigh.
Congrats on not having to trim! :flower:

Just wanted to give an update on the Viviscal. I was taking it and a hair skin and nails multi from Whole Foods, along with cod liver oil and using the Nioxin Products (although I don't use Nioxin every day). Definite results! I had some new growth even before starting the regime, but I've added additional new growth and I have noted that my hair seems to be growing a little bit quicker (although not crazy, just an extra .5-1 cm/month). I've also noticed that my hair is shinier and seems in better condition. The hair that's growing in has more elasticity and doesn't seem to be prone to breaking, splitting, or not growing.

None of these things are miracle products, by any means, but they did help (and continue to help) quite a bit.

Thanks for the update! I think I am going to ask for a few months supply of Viviscal as a holiday gift. an extra CM a month would be significant enough that I would be able to trim some split ends off without agonizing about losing too much of my 'hard work'.

I've been getting a lot of compliments on my bob lately though.

ive said it once twice thrice and ill keep saying it!

try castor oil, fellow fashion people.

trust me it helps.

my hair stylist started using it when she saw a change in the thickness and lack of hairfall with me!!!!

I like castor oil, but for me it required some planning do use, since I had to shampoo my hair so much to get it out afterwards. :shrugs:

farou7a, how do you use castor oil? Like a treatment or like a leave-in (diluted with water?)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syailendra Aditya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->