Fashion (Bollywood Movie)

haha you're right about the clothes being super tacky, but weren't they all (at least in Bollywood movies) wearing the tackiest clothes back in the 90s? Fashion is supposedly set in the 90s if its based on the life of that model Gitanjali Nagpal? It's just recently that Indian designers have stepped up and created some classic/interesting pieces, IMO.:ninja:
hahahaha Madhur probably wanted to keep it real, hence the horrid outfits they're wearing down the ramp and in the trailer.

I :heart:ed Rang de Basanti!!! Dil Chahta Hai is one of my faves and in terms of recent films, Guru was pretty damn good. I'm excited for Dilli 6.

:lol: You make a fair point. I'd add that Bollywood has always embraced over-the-top tackiness- I really don't think the public would accept anything less (the idea of fashion and beauty is very different in India, hence the overly made-up actors). I'm not familiar with Nagpal's story but I appreciate that Hindi cinema is trying to branch out from the usual storylines.

I pray that the "fashion" in this film is seen as a spoof of the 90s and not a trendsetter :ninja:.

Hhhhm Bollywood films are not really known for trendsetting are they? Apart from saris etc

It's up on youtube with subtitles...quite good quality:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->