Fashion Terms/Terminology and Abbreviations

Dresses - styles?

I have spent hours searching for an archive of dresses which lists the name of each style of dress alongside an image. I am looking for all dresses over all style periods but have had no luck.

Does anyone know a website that may help me out - even if it is era specific.

:D
Hope someone can help

What are HQs? I have seen this in a question: "Are there any HQs, yet?"

I have spent hours searching for an archive of dresses which lists the name of each style of dress alongside an image. I am looking for all dresses over all style periods but have had no luck.

Does anyone know a website that may help me out - even if it is era specific.

:D
Hope someone can help

I'm not sure what you're asking ... are you looking for historical information? Or for information about current dress styles? (Empire, for example, is both ...)

Voguette?

I'm sorry if it's not the right place to put this, I thought that it would be the most appropriate part of the forum to post it :smile:
So I've seen this word "voguette" quite often lately on the internet, and I've been curious what does it mean exactly? Is it something like socialite?

^ I've never heard it I don't think ... does it mean fashionista? Junior fashionista? :lol:

Possibly someone who chats on the Vogue forums? (I know I also chat on the Australian Vogue forums and that's what some people call the posters).

My local newspaper has a "fashion column" (if you would call it that) and the columnist wrote "High fashion is here in the. . ." and went on to write an article about Charlotte Rouse (yes, it just opened and it's a big deal- obvously it's a small town).
It made me wonder, what is "high fashion" because I'm thinking it's not C.R. I want to write a letter to the editor about what a waste of space this article was but wanted to get my facts straight!
Thanks!

^That's what I'm thinking since there isn't much out there as far as a set defination of it. I think I'm just looking for any excuse to rip her article on C.R., I mean, who cares?

^ Maybe this is a sign that you need to live in a bit bigger 'fashion capital' :wink:

what is the difference between a/w and f/w? if i've got it right, it means autumn/winter & fall/winter, but why is there two different terms for the same thing? :P

^ I read somewhere that the english brought the word 'Fall' with them when they went to america, but the ones that stayed adopted 'Autumn'

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->