Fashion Tragedies / Damage Control

I got bleach on a favorite pair of pants. I am going to try to re-dye them tomorrow, but if it is not successful, I will salvage out the zipper and all of the buttons and get some more corduroy of the same color and re-make them. I still have the original pattern.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 31 2004, 12:08 AM
I got bleach on a favorite pair of pants. I am going to try to re-dye them tomorrow, but if it is not successful, I will salvage out the zipper and all of the buttons and get some more corduroy of the same color and re-make them. I still have the original pattern.
[snapback]412082[/snapback]​
I would just put more bleach on them. :P

I don't want bleached cords, though. What I want and need are chocolate brown corduroys. They were a major cornerstone of my wardrobe!

patch from the inside?...where's the hole?..

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 31 2004, 10:46 AM
patch from the inside?...where's the hole?..
[snapback]412447[/snapback]​

Below knee...I don't think I can match the colour with a patch though because it's like a weird black/grey/purple... bondage straps maybe?

How big is the hole? If it is tiny, you can pull some threads out of an inside seam allowance and darn it shut.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 31 2004, 10:49 AM
How big is the hole? If it is tiny, you can pull some threads out of an inside seam allowance and darn it shut.
[snapback]412453[/snapback]​

Medium size (about the size of a five-pence piece maybe).

Yeah, doing straps over the hole or a funky applique that makes the patch look like an obvious embellishment would probably be the way to go.

good idea about the strap...although i don't think you would necessariy need to match the patch with the colour of the pants...i think it would be cool to do a contrasting colour myself... :flower:

They're a very formal style of trousers so I'm not sure...

I think I'll go with straps, thanks Softie and AYLI! :flower:

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 31 2004, 10:33 AM
I don't want bleached cords, though. What I want and need are chocolate brown corduroys. They were a major cornerstone of my wardrobe!
[snapback]412426[/snapback]​
Ewww, yeah. Nevermind. :lol: That would look terrible.

bikini probs..

sorry if this is the wrong section to put this thread in.. i thought this was most suitable.. umm well i bought this new bikini last week.. its white so its double layed and i wore it 2 the beach yesterday.. however when i got home i realised sand had gotten in between the layers and i have no idea how to get it out. ive tried rinsing it.. and spreading it and trying 2 rinse it out but the sand wont come out.. does n e 1 have n e suggestions.. it'd b greatly appreciated.. thanx!!

Happened the same to me...and the sand is still there! :doh: I would appreciate any suggestions too, but I don't think there's a way to remove it...

Is the sand very fine at your beach ? If it is, it could be miniscule sandgrains came through the bikini fabric and then I doubt there is anything you can do about it :(

Hmm, this is a tricky situation.

I have absolutely not idea. Like Hanne said, it may not be possible.

Just wash it loads and I pray I guess!

yeah the sand is quite fine.. thats what my friend thinks happened... that it came through with the water and now wont b able to come out.. but i dont understand how if it gets it it cant come back out...?

hmm.. i was thinking of, just on the inside.. on the more meshy fabric, to slit a little hole in that layer, on the edge though.. so i can easily just wash all the sand out.. but wood that make it easier for more sand 2 get in?

Help! Deodorant stains (not the yellow ones)

Hi guys, I have a serious problem on my hands...

So I've got two Dior Homme shirts that have a white deodorant-caused ring under each arm. Both shirts are black and I think that it is due to the thinness of the material that the deodorant (old spice) has been ground in.

After 3 hot washes in the sink with detergent, there is barely any difference. The slightly thicker shirt has a less noticable ring than the one from Strip.

Today I bought some Didi Seven cleaner to see if I could remove this little bit and after doing a colorfast test (which came out fine), I applied it liberally to the armpits of the Strip tee and the cleaner proceeded to wreck the areas it was applied to. An odd combination of whiteness and splotches of dark green are now around each armpit so... I think my only option here is to re-dye the shirt black. Either that or take a $160 (at least I bought it on sale...) hit.

I'm not about to sacrifice my Follow Me tee so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to remove this strangely cleaning-resistant stain? Should I just put it in the hands of a trusted dry cleaner and see what they can do? What if they mess up the shirt? I just can't risk it that!

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've searched online but have come up relatively empty handed... I've learned to use a clear gel based deodorant now too. The hard way.

Thanks guys,
Albert

Deodorant stains are a b*tch... that happens to me when I stay over at friends houses and use their cheap deodorant...not cheap, but cheap quality... some deodorants contains a high amount of alcohol, which, with body heat/sweat, will permanently stain your garment... If washing the shirts on water (never use hot on dark clothing, it will fade the colours) didn't work, well im sorry to say that there's nothing else to do but to dye the shirt back to black... and to change your Old Spice also... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->