Girls (HBO)

I couldn't keep up with the storylines this season. Too much happened! Case in point:

[SPOILER ALERT]

a. Hannah goes to school in Iowa; drops out after like 2-3 episodes
b. Adam has a new girlfriend; they break up in the weirdest way
c. Hannah's dad comes out as gay; Hannah's mom is having an extramarital affair (how convenient)
d. Marnie gets engaged; Desi ditches Marnie

OH! And Hannah becomes a substitute teacher of all things.

There were a few humorous moments however, especially Hannah's scenes with Cleo, but overall this show has become one that I watch out of hope- hope that it will return to its glory days but alas this hope is always crushed by disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody watch Girls anymore? I just watched S5E1 which is off to a promising start. I found season 4 very painful. Marnie's makeup was hilarious.

I watched. It was one of the funnier episodes.

Not sure why they all have to mess around/sleep with each other's exes. Does this happen in real life? I've never experienced this among friends.

Marnie and Hannah are probably my least favorite people. I like Shosh & Adam.

I love this first episode of the season, too. I love Jessa, she is still my fave, but.... SPOILER ALERT

I don't feel good about her and Adam :(
I like Fran, he is cute, but I loved Adam with Hannah.

SPOILER:

Yeah, I'm not here for Adam and Jessa either.

I really liked Ray and Shosh. His confession about Marnie really threw me. I'm like dude really? Love of your life? That was a stretch.

This episode was one of their best ones in quite some time.
Hannah really sucks as a friend, she should've told Marnie about Desi.
But I wasn't really expecting her to say anything, I kinda expected her to be quiet.
Jessa and Adam, I saw it coming. I kinda expecting it even last season, it seems they are running out of ideas so they just ''mix and match'' the main actors.

The episode was very good and realistic but oddly enough it also made me realised how flawed and almost distateful most of the characters are.

The montage of Jessa & Adam was very sweet & then - ugh! I also don't get why Hannah is so .... Ugly! Sometimes I wonder why I watch this grossed out show??

I usually like Hannah, even with all her defects, but I agree that lately she hasn't been likeable at all.

Jessa and Adam... I don't know why but I kinda like it. I don't want to, but I think I do.

I have to say, episode 2 had me cackling all throughout.

Hannah is so self centered and out of touch it's unbearable, yet she follows that up with making a profound statement or revelation, reminding you that she's actually smart and then I like her again... just for a split second.

Adam and Jessa are kinda growing on me I think because they are both trying so hard not to hurt Hannah unlike Ray and Marnie with Shosh.

I felt really bad for Hannah's father. I can't imagine what's it's like to come out of the closet as a middle aged man then to try to navigate hookups/dating while still being married. WTF?

Can someone explain to me why Hannah and Elijah were making out like that in front of her supposed to be boyfriend? It was really awkward and I was really confused by it. :blink:

Jessa and Adam look really good together. At first it made me cringe because it was so obvious their storyline would take that route but their date in the last episode was so adorable and I don't think we've ever seen Adam like that ever or Jessa for the matter.

I always like Hannah's scene with ehr father because I think her character is the most interesting when she shows her vulnerable side but I agree that sometimes it looks like Len Dunham styles her in an unflattering way on purpose.

Ray is absolutly useless and I really don't understand why he's still here.

So happy something interesting is finally happening to Elijah. Andrew Rannells is hilarious and I have the biggest cursh on Corey Stoll so I can't wait to see how it evolves.

But the best part was no Marnie in this episode :clap: :clap:

^I actually missed Marnie a litte bit.

It feels like since Lena has created the show, she also needs to direct it and needs most sreening time? Marnie's definitely not my favorite character but I wish we would've seen her, even if just a little bit. And where was Shoh?
I also wish she would've stopped undressing. It's sad by now, that she constantly shows her breats.
I admit, I like Jessa and Adam together too. Although I don't think anything should happen before they talk to Hannah. Which means they won't talk to her and she'll find out later and be really upset. Just my opinion.

I'm really liking Jessa and Adam together too... I loved the scenes with them at the carnival. So sweet.

I loved the last episode! So much going on.
That ending!

This week episode was so great !! Definitely the best so far, I feel like the season is finally finding it's pace.

Every storyline was interesting and perfectly exploited.

Marnie & Desi's marriage was completely doomed before it started but now it feels sadder to see them fighthing for something they both don't really believe in. The whole thing just seems so empty and I'm constantly asking myself why they pretend not to see it.

Hannah is getting more and more childish it's ridiculous. I don't know if it's because of the unresolved situation between her parents but she's even more insufferable than usual. It's a shame because Fran is really adorable, though a bit insensitive at times, but she's clearly ruining their relationship.

Jessa is breaking my heart. I can't help but see big red lights about the whole Adam thing. I reckon he's always been very goofy and weirdly distant from reality but, just like Hannah, he looks much more childish this season. Especially in this episode. I'm scared this is just a new "toy" for him and he'll end up hurting Jessa real bad once he's bored with it and start sabotaging everything. I also don't understand why he doesn't think they should tell Hannah. I hated the way he reacted when Jessa told him they should tell her and it was obvious during the final scene that he's completely self-centered when it comes to pleasure and a realationship. His comfort & desires come first. We've all met someone like that and there's nothing worse.... Guess Hannah was too much in love with him to say anything but it won't work with Jessa. there's BIG communications problems coming IMO. I wonder if the bad sex is an indication of what's to come in their relationship or if I'll be proven wrong.

Ray is absolutely useless and a waste of airtime, I've really had it...

Looooove Elijah's storyline. I'm really in love with Corey Stoll, he's just so handsome and the scenes at Times Square were adorable. But I still don't know what to make of the final scene. A part of me was actually a bit offended because it almost looked like a mockery of gay sex and I didn't see it coming but at the same time they ended with adorable laughters. So I'm wondering what will come next.

Can't wait to see Shoshanna next week. She really is my favourite character and Zosia's acting has become the best among the whole cast. I wish she'd get more recognition.

I also love their use of music this season. The eding of this week's episode with Christine and The Queens was very beautiful.

^Good analysis.

It was a really good episode. I feel like this season the stories and episodes are more thought out and put together exceptionally well.

I love Ray tho. I wan't to see him happy. I LOATHE Desi. He irks me to no end. Like, I can't even deal.

Hannah has been insufferable since Season 1, Episode 1. Her awful insufferable haircut just makes it so much worse for me.

Love Shosh. She needs more airtime.

Jessa and Adam... Adam and Jessa. I dunno. I'm not for it but I'm no longer against it. We'll see how it goes. I mean they all sleep with each other anyway so no big deal right?

Elijah and Dill are cute. Their scenes were nicely filmed and you can feel their connection through the screen.

I have to say Fran & Hannah's handling of the 'corrected' poem in front of the student was incredulous.

I kind of hatewatch Girls because I'm so annoyed by Hannah .. she's so insufferable and complicated.
agree on Soshanna, I really enjoyed her Japan storyline.

I kind of hatewatch Girls because I'm so annoyed by Hannah .. she's so insufferable and complicated.
agree on Soshanna, I really enjoyed her Japan storyline.

Totally agree!
I don't understand why Hannah is so afraid of being normal!? I mean who wears bathers on a walk through the woods? I just don't get it !
Looking forward to the Marni episode next week. The trainwreck that is her life makes me laugh.

This was actually quite a sad episode. Although I was never a fan of his, Charlie's story is sad and unexpected. Never thought I'd see him in Girls again too, considering he got into a some sort of fight with Lena (in real life).
Good to see Marnie too. Not her biggest fan but as long as there's no Hannah, I'm good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->