Girls (HBO)

Squizree

Looking Up
Reaction score
Has anyone watched the premier for this show? The pilot aired on the 15 of April. The producer and creator Lena Dunham also plays the major role of Hannah. I think the tFS "Buzz" section covered it.

1334220342111.jpg

thedailybeast.com

The pilot was interesting and I think I wanna keep watching it...apart from the nasty anal sex scene.

You guys can can watch the Pilot on tv-link.eu

It was better than Tiny Furniture, Lena's movie who also starred and written, but not as good as the hype would suggest. Yeah, and that anal scene was ten times worse on TF..I hope she won't repeat that again! We've seen it too much already! :D
But I'll definitely keep watching, hoping it will slightly improve..

I was pretty disappointed with the premiere.

It was horrifying to watch a 24 year old woman throw a tantrum about her parents cutting her off. I understand feeling panicked about money. But to expect your parents to fund your lifestyle after 2 years of graduation? That's just pathetic. The show pretty much played to all the stereotypes that baby boomers have placed on the up coming generation. I'm going to watch next week, since the events of premiere gives the main character the opportunity to pull herself up by her boot straps. But she needs to lose that sense of entitlement and have a major attitude readjustment.

I guite liked the pilot. It's basically a chick version of "How To Make It In America", but maybe that's why it's good. I think Lena is wildly talented, so i'm trusting her to give this show an unique and interesting spin. Can't wait for the next episodes.

I've read a few reviews on this over the past couple of days and I'm really intrigued. A few people have said it gets better after episode one (as do most if not all television series) so those who didn't like the pilot might still enjoy the series as it progresses.

^ The second episode hasn't been released yet...at least I don't think it has. Has it? lol

^I think TV critics have gotten some previews of the next episodes already :flower:

Does anyone know where I can watch episode 2? I can't seem to find a link anywhere :(

Just finished watching the 2nd episode. I practically hate all of them. They're all rather pathetic. Hannah seems to do a lot of waiting and doesn't know how to make things happen. Shoshanna is a stereoypical nerd. Jessa annoys me with her "indifferent" hipster coolness.
Marnie is very likeable though. She's ambitious, direct and strikes me as the only one who knows what she's doing or how to do things. And she's prettiest.

Also, the setting comes off as kinda fake. Is this an accurate portrayal of student life/early working life in New York? It doesn't seem to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and that Adam guy... oy.

In the first, his head looks SO not proportional to the rest of his body. Was I the only one that got that? :lol:
The episode was rather okay, but the pilot was far more interesting.

Just finished watching the 2nd episode. I practically hate all of them. They're all rather pathetic. Hannah seems to do a lot of waiting and doesn't know how to make things happen. Shoshanna is a stereoypical nerd. Jessa annoys me with her "indifferent" hipster coolness.
Marnie is very likeable though. She's ambitious, direct and strikes me as the only one who knows what she's doing or how to do things. And she's prettiest.

Also, the setting comes off as kinda fake. Is this an accurate portrayal of student life/early working life in New York? It doesn't seem to be.

I agree with EVERYTHING!:D I'll keep watching for now only for Marnie, she's the prettiest and less annoying of all of them.

But at the same time these negative qualities are a good starting point because they make for good character development.

The second episode was worst than the first.

Jessa is the only character on the show I can stomach, and of course she's portrayed as the one with all the issues. Shosanna isn't well written. Hannah says horrible things at horrible times and is baffled when people are horrified. And Marnie drives me up the wall. She b*tches about her wonderful boyfriend. She's furious when Jessa doesn't show up to her own appointment. She's not concerned for Jessa's well being or her mental state. Oh no, Marnie's upset cause she's waiting around for Jessa.

I definitely won't be watching next week.

I was really looking forward to Girls. I'm a young woman living in New York, so Girls was suppose to appeal mostly to me. I read all the reviews that stated that Girls is so "real" and "funny". However the show is the complete opposite of those characteristics for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->