Girls (HBO)

Looooved last Sunday's episode.
I felt so bad for Hannah. "Your dad is gay". lol. Ugh, if I was her, I SO would've thrown the wine at his face.
Oh, and kudos to the show ending on a high note with Robyn's "Dancing On My Own". :D

Just watched all 6 episodes, and I love this show. I guess because I can relate to Hannah being the student who moved away to go to school in NY and is being supported by my mom (im still in school but I have a job) and not knowing if you can function without them. I relate in some way with all of them even though I am a guy. Its a pretty realistic show in my eyes, especially last episode when she went back home and not realizing that people live vicariously through you because you moved away to such a big city and are trying to live your "dream" life.

Yeah, I'm a fan..anything featuring awkward sex-scenes with unsexy people, I'll gladly support.

So w/ the new True Blood airing at 9pm, then Veep airing at 10, followed by Girls at 10:30, I think I have my Sunday nights this summer already mapped out.

"You couldn't pay me enough to be 24 again." Truer words were never spoken :wink:

Does anyone have a link for episode 7? I'm getting so impatient with all the gifs and quotes on Tumblr about the last episode LOL

i just watched all the 10 episodes, and i can tell i really like this show. it's kinda realistic, but not like super-realistic of course. i like the idea of making a show on this early 20 generation and their problems, most shows are about teenagers (like Gossip Girl, Skins) or about adults like Sex and the City.
so i really like the problems, the questions of life, their adventures portrayed, but i'm not really satisfied with the characters. i mean, they are interesting, but Hannah is just annoying and let's say out loud, a loser. Shoshanna is just unreal, i can't believe such nonsense, idiot persons like her are even exist. i kinda like Jessa and Adam, he's just such a weirdo in a good way.
i'll definitely keep on watching. does somebody know when season 2 will start?

i just watched all the 10 episodes, and i can tell i really like this show. it's kinda realistic, but not like super-realistic of course. i like the idea of making a show on this early 20 generation and their problems, most shows are about teenagers (like Gossip Girl, Skins) or about adults like Sex and the City.
so i really like the problems, the questions of life, their adventures portrayed, but i'm not really satisfied with the characters. i mean, they are interesting, but Hannah is just annoying and let's say out loud, a loser. Shoshanna is just unreal, i can't believe such nonsense, idiot persons like her are even exist. i kinda like Jessa and Adam, he's just such a weirdo in a good way.
i'll definitely keep on watching. does somebody know when season 2 will start?

I agree with everything you said especially because I'm 23 and I can totally relate to their issues but I don't necessarily believe that those characters are real they seem a bit too stereotypical and not multi dimensional

Me to, I love it, i find it adorable, and we girls are totally off the wall like that, minds totally wandering, thinking all the crazy things. As for how close to reality they act, i know ALOT of girls like shosanna, innocent, quirky, when your overly sherltered you tend to acted that way. I love the show all around, i love that its gritter compared to Sex in the City. Granted i loved SITC, but it was totally unrealistic, they all wore stunning clothes, had great careers, and lived in great places, even carries, who was the bottom of the list was a great looking place. so for me this show is more down to earth.

i just started watching it and it still hasnt yet captured my attention maybe its meant for ladies and I dont get the humour/storyline

It gets better and finds its comedic vibe after episode 5-6 if I remember well.
So give it a bit more time if you're not through with it already.:flower:

^I love it so much!! Now I really can't wait!!:woot:

Lol I watched GIRLS last month as form of procrastination during midterms, and now I can't resist watching it over and over. I love it and so looking forward to the new season!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->