Irish Street Style

I personally think that Dublin can be really inspiring, it's so creative and I know so many people who have broadened my mind when it comes to fashion and culture. Even in a shop like Topshop on the Green the staff are so clued in and really represent their own creativity. I think at the moment there is a new generation of fashionably-creative people coming out of the art colleges and the club scene etc. The problem with these blogs though is, I think, that they want to portray a certain image, i.e they want to be as acceptable as possible, but daring and cooky at the same time, so instead of taking photos of really stylish people they take photos of your typical urban outfitters-lemmings and people who look like they're going to the rocky horror picture show!

Although, 9 pics down in post 211 is John Rocha's daughter (not sure if it's Simone or his other daughter whose name I don't know), and she has amazing style!

It's Simone, B.L.U.E., There's another pic of her here too. And it's by far the best outfit on this page although I do love the 3rd girl down in post 212 too. She's super cute!
Some of the festival pics are blargh. Just because you're too out of it to put a coherrent outfit together doesn't make it kooky and stylish. It just makes it pretentious and annoying.
I don't like fashion filisophy at all but dublin streets is great sometimes, but it's all the people at certain events. There should be more street fashion!
Anyway, maybe I should just get out my digital camera and put it where my mouth is next time I'm in Dublin.
eh, eh....

Last edited by a moderator:
saturdaysgirl...you should do it in barcelona. An Irish perspective on Spanish streetstyle!

Whenever I have my camera I don't see anyone and 1 time I didn't and I saw 3 great looking people in fantastic clothes in a row.
Sod's law dagnabit!
Now you can do Edinburgh :smile:
I just had a look back and the last page and I just can't verbalise how much I hate 'festival fashion' so hopefully this will suffice: :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
and thre's a great café above it!^_^
Yes, I love Cafe Irie :heart:

Dublin is very influenced by London street style, probably because it's a relatively small city. DublinStreets is a pretty good blog, but 'sceney'. I often see people who deserve to be photographed, but I'd feel weird asking them to stop and pose :blush:

I feel the same too (about asking people to stop and pose). But it's quite flattering when it happens to you. So I guess most people would just take it as a compliment or just say no.
Cafe Irie's great! It's got lots of veggie options.
Aaaanyway.....Here's a new one from Dublin Streets. I'm quite sure it hasn't been posted and it's the best recent one IMO.
more%2Bkids%2B102.JPG

DiamondSea, you are a mystery! You know about Dublin as well at the best of British.....hmm....very interesting!

Opinions of Ireland's fashion!

Don't ask me why, but I've always been curious about what other nationalities
think of Ireland, the people and the style?! I'm a tad nosy.

Some good Irish Street Style.... my fav..
katie-van-buren.jpg

triona.jpg

lucia.jpg

clare-geraghty.jpg

all from fashion filosofy on blogspot.
This is interesting but I don't like it: Apparently she won a Nokia for being stylish
Nokia+Fashion+285.JPG

I do like this!
DSC00432.JPG

Car+Boot+sale+030.JPG

from Dublin Streets @blogspot

Some good Irish Street Style.... my fav..
katie-van-buren.jpg

from Dublin Streets @blogspot

Ha,shes a good friend of mine - she always gets her pic taken by bloggers.Im going to use her as a model for my end of year thingy..

Dublin is very influenced by London street style, probably because it's a relatively small city. DublinStreets is a pretty good blog, but 'sceney'. I often see people who deserve to be photographed, but I'd feel weird asking them to stop and pose :blush:

Very true,in fact I was London a month ago and there was a group of flourescent nu-rave girls on the tube - I instantly thought Dublin , and I was right(and dissapointed I was right)

In my opinion the people who get it right in Dublin are not the super fashion conscious people,but the ones who just see something they like regardless of trends and make it work because they trust their own tastes.

In my opinion the people who get it right in Dublin are not the super fashion conscious people,but the ones who just see something they like regardless of trends and make it work because they trust their own tastes.

Very well said cbdas!!! :flower: I'm inclined to agree.. I dunno if it is because I am quite young and I see alot of people of my own age (who one could see are more influenced by trends) around the city, but Dubliners seem to hop onto trends a little too keenly! Noticing a spesific "look" or style that someone has, in the long term, becomes more interesting.
If anyone here is going the Trinity Ball it could be a good place to snap people..? Or it could be a really good place to loose one's camera!! :lol:

Trinity Ball style is almost as bad as festival style.
Yes, I know Katie too, cbdas I used to work with her in BTs. HEHE.
And I agree about people from Dublin hoping on trends. It's pathetic and embarrassing.
It seems that there are very few people with orginality and style. *sigh*

Never even knew this thread existed! :woot: I completely agree that the street style over here is heavily based on other cities, I think its going to be sometime before we break free and create our own different style.... :innocent:

.. unless the four or five of us here on tFS break free and start to blaze our own trails... ?
cough. never mind then.

Is it just me but individual cities dont really have their own styles... its just in big cities people who care about fashion live... and hence if you go on the street you see more stylish people... most country people aint into there style too much!

I don't see it anywhere other than Dublin where you can tell someone's life story by what they're wearing.

Dublin is like it's made up of several large cliques, where everyone dresses accordingly. It's quite depressing. And if 95% of girls aren't wearing Topshop, they're wearing the Penney's knockoff.

Don't even get me started on men's style >_<

I know! My brother has started reading GQ magazine though so there could be hope for him. Though he doesn't dress to badly at the moment.

I do find it difficult to dress the way I want to in Dublin though. I mean you can dress very fashionably in Paris or London even and it would be normal, But when I'm in Dublin I feel like it's a bit too much.

Are the Irish ready for high fashion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->