John Galliano - Designer, Creative Director of Maison Margiela

hes

hes resting leave him alone! lol, he has a movie coming out.
you, just seconds before posting this:

misinformation-spreading.gif

Really? When?

Supposedly it'll be out in December, it's already complete. I think it's meant to document his path to redemption or what have you. Directed by Oscar-winner Kevin Macdonald.

Seriously, Margiela by Galliano product-wise, is really great. Good, clever and ambitious RTW. You go to the stores, you cannot be disappointed because it’s up to standards….Maybe the prices are a bit out of control for people like me who had known the « original » positioning of the house.

In terms of imagery, communication and all, it’s a complete mess. Even the shows are annoying.

Has John Galliano ever made a futuristic collection in his career? I want to see how it would turn out...

I love the structure of this brand, Show when you want to and make it worth while.

After every other fashion house is clambering back post pandemic to more product, more shows and more crap thrown down a runway in a far flung destination for no real reason, Margiela are dictating what they want to show, to who and when. It's obviously very considered and thought through.

But it makes you WANT to see more from Margiela, not the other way round with a house like Gucci or Dior where you can't even keep up with all the new crap. Over-saturation of a brand or a Creative director has a shelf life, see Demna at Balenciaga. Everyone is sick of the same thing.

Cholо, you are like Ivano

Galliano is Meisel's twin in fashion design - he shamelessly copied everything possible from all masters, like him or not
we would do well to remember those same masters shamelessly copied styles from the belle époque too. the only designer who can claim to be both original and truly revolutionary in the purest sense is coco chanel.

we would do well to remember those same masters shamelessly copied styles from the belle époque too. the only designer who can claim to be both original and truly revolutionary in the purest sense is coco chanel.

Rei Kawakubo is the only one for me

Didn't Chanel just copy from men's clothing in general?

Didn't Chanel just copy from men's clothing in general?
In that she was revolutionary. She dressed herself after all.
But when she designed « designed » (made collections), she was as revolutionary because of the simplicity and ease of her designs (Poiret who liberated women from corsets didn’t really liberated them from the layers he had).

‘She established the bases of modern fashion after all.

While she was revolutionary, for me the real « original » from a pure creative point is Pierre Cardin. He is a bit underrated, totally not my style or aesthetic but he was a fearless designer…And that had maybe to do with the fact that he wasn’t attached to the rules and codes of the High Society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->