Longchamp Totes

kaaaate

Reaction score
I've noticed a few people carrying these bags around my school campus. I don't particularly like them. I'm thinking they could potentially become a new Ugg-like trend. What I mean by that is, some people will have them and carry it with a nice outfit, but then EVERYONE will have one and just look blah. Any other opinions on these? They seem like they'd be better suited for more mature women like moms to carry and not young college students.

God i wish i could burn them ALL.
i'd say that 80% of the girls at my school own this bag.

I have one. Or two! It's my everyday handbag, and yes, it looks nice with almost everything but it frustrates to me to no end how quick they blew up. They're not the most beautiful bags, honestly, but very comfortable and convenient since they come in a bunch of different colours. When I got mine, I didn't even know it was designer until everybody started getting them. Ho hum.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG,every single girl in Boston has one of these...the classic look here is the Longchamp bag, North Face Fleece, and uggs with strech pants!! I'm SOOOO sick of that bag its not even funny...Im sure they are functional though

^I live in Boston, everyone at my school carries them!

I agree with previous posts, they aren't the prettiest of bags but they seem very practical. I was thinking about buying one, it would be nice to have a casual roomy carry-all that I could take to class, running errands, and traveling, and they seem like they'd hold up well. But they've gotten so trendy, I'm not sure I want to spend the $150ish to jump on the bandwagon.

I have a black Pliage; my boyfriend brought it back from Paris. I's just a simple bag that goes with everything. Basic and inexpensive without being ugly. :heart:

I don't get the attraction. My mums got about fifty bags from the early nineties that looks exactly like these things and imo none of them are that nice! Lol! I'd never use them!

What makes them so attractive to people??

I don't believe I've seen one. Must not be too big of a trend (or if it is, I'm oblivious to it).

I was thinking of getting one when I go to France this summer....but then again no one around where I live has one, or has even heard of them!

They were THE bag trend here about two years ago.. now I don't see them nearly as often.

I think the bigger pliage bags, in black with brown leather handles, are quite nice. Especially for travelling. They last forever, too.

They are popular on my university's campus, but more so as a kind of tote for books and pens as opposed to a purse. However, they do make good beer carriers at parties, I've learned. :lol:

I don't believe I've seen one. Must not be too big of a trend (or if it is, I'm oblivious to it).

you must have seen one dear! as Stella said, they where THE bag two years ago (at least in terms of sales and popularity) VERY surprised there isnt a thread on these already... anyone performed a search?

never particularly liked them...but i must admit i stared at the kate moss ads more than once (even if it wasnt for the bag:blush:)

these are the ones we are talking about, no?

longchamp.jpg

o_DSC04446.JPG

credit goes to savagexi.com and ioffer

EDIT: I see them everywhere! college, streets, airports, restaurants, clubs... it's insane!

Last edited by a moderator:
^those would be the ones. universal trend for quite awhile i'd say. stuck much more so than the hervé chapelier craze back in the day.

^ I've never seen them in Britain, but they kinda look like the type of thing you find being sold with a complimentary umbrella at the chemists!

What's the big attraction? I know I've already asked but I sincerely feel like I'm missing something!

north america is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind...

i lived in switzerland in spring and summer of 2004 and did a bunch of travelling between there and paris, and longchamp bags were all the rage... four years ago... now it's catching on at my university campus in montreal hahaB).

that being said, they are great school bags/beer carriers as someone else mentioned haha. i dont think they're particularly hideous at all..

^ I've never seen them in Britain, but they kinda look like the type of thing you find being sold with a complimentary umbrella at the chemists!

What's the big attraction? I know I've already asked but I sincerely feel like I'm missing something!

No, you are not missing anything...they are not special at all...confused myself about this "trend" (and in Boston, as I mentioned before, its VERY much a trend)

OMG,every single girl in Boston has one of these...the classic look here is the Longchamp bag, North Face Fleece, and uggs with strech pants!! I'm SOOOO sick of that bag its not even funny...Im sure they are functional though

HAHAHA so true! Thats what all the girls wore in my high school. And its been years and when I go home... the style has not changed one bit!!

they've been a trend in the states for years as well. i'd say since 2000 or so.

north america is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind...

i lived in switzerland in spring and summer of 2004 and did a bunch of travelling between there and paris, and longchamp bags were all the rage... four years ago... now it's catching on at my university campus in montreal hahaB)

Hmm... I don't think so. :ninja: I have seen lots of them here in the states...even before 2004.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->