Men's Bags #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxie-Pooh

Reaction score
Has this topic been covered? Well, anyway do you think that the trend with men carrying bags will catch on? I mean the trend is considered normal in Europe and Asian countries like Japan, Taiwan, and Korea, but will it become popular in US? I like to carry nice bags because I hate stuffing wallet in my pocket. It feels awkward to have a big bulge sticking out of your thigh! I'm tired of fishy looks on people when I go to ,say, less fashionable places!

I think it's beginning to leak over a bit. Probably in New York... though, I don't really know since I'm in Toronto. I've seen a few guys with man "purses" as they say. I thought they looked fabulous. I saw a man walking down the street today actually, with a crisp white button down, a pair of hot jeans and this big-*** black leather puma shoulder bag. He looked amazing!

But yes, I hope it catches on. It's a practical way to hold your things, I'd say. And stylish as well.

I would think that most men already carry bags in metro areas, maybe excluding car-heavy LA where you can throw your things in the backseat. :unsure:

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Aug 20 2004, 09:18 PM
I would think that most men already carry bags in metro areas, maybe excluding car-heavy LA where you can throw your things in the backseat. :unsure:
[snapback]340374[/snapback]​
I'm not talking about boring briefcases and backpack! I mean something more fashionable like Gucci keepall, LV messenger, or Prada knapsack...etc

this thread just reminds me of that episode of Friends when Rachel shows Joey that man-bag which was kinda like a shiny leather blue-tinged satchel and he falls in love with it, and loses out in an audition because of it, and it's only then that he drops it because the other guys keep making feminine jokes at him...

...ok, friends memoir over, i think it's cool if a guy carries one and pulls it off, I've seen quite a few (only gay) men carrying Gucci and LV over-the-shoulders around my uni, but that's not to say straight guys shouldn'y try it out too.

Men should definately start carrying bags. I am sick of stuffing all my friends' keys and phones in my bag. At the end of the night I feel like a coat check girl giving everyone their stuff back

It's more of a thing, at the moment, for urban men.

Fashionistas usually.

a few of my guy friends carry messenger bags. no one has made any comments to my knowledge.

I personally cary bags because I always have crap to carry, and because I love them. I am pretty confident that I can pull of most of my bag collection. I used to be a little more insecure about things and would only do the messenger thing, but I have losened up and now have a lot of large shopper tote style bags. I think it is totally about what someone feels comfortable with. I don't expect a straight man to be walking down the street carrying a Balenciaga large moto, but it would obviously be more than fine. I tend to not use my more, let us say "feminine" bags (basicaly my Stellas, which I think I can only pull off at all because I am so thin and short that they look bulkier, otherwise more masculine on me than on most men) when I'm not in the city, some people can't handle it and it isnt worth the angst. I don't see why it is always such a big issue when men carry bags, are we not supposed to have a bunch of useless stuff to lug around everywhere we go? I do however love it when I do not need a bag, it is very freeing to be able to just throw your keys in your pocket and go.

Originally posted by MJCouture@Aug 21 2004, 12:00 AM
I personally cary bags because I always have crap to carry, and because I love them. I am pretty confident that I can pull of most of my bag collection. I used to be a little more insecure about things and would only do the messenger thing, but I have losened up and now have a lot of large shopper tote style bags. I think it is totally about what someone feels comfortable with. I don't expect a straight man to be walking down the street carrying a Balenciaga large moto, but it would obviously be more than fine. I tend to not use my more, let us say "feminine" bags (basicaly my Stellas, which I think I can only pull off at all because I am so thin and short that they look bulkier, otherwise more masculine on me than on most men) when I'm not in the city, some people can't handle it and it isnt worth the angst. I don't see why it is always such a big issue when men carry bags, are we not supposed to have a bunch of useless stuff to lug around everywhere we go? I do however love it when I do not need a bag, it is very freeing to be able to just throw your keys in your pocket and go.
[snapback]340500[/snapback]​

Don't you think that Vuitton Suhali L'Marveilluse would look quite good carried by a man?

Originally posted by Sugo@Aug 21 2004, 02:18 AM
Men should definately start carrying bags. I am sick of stuffing all my friends' keys and phones in my bag. At the end of the night I feel like a coat check girl giving everyone their stuff back
[snapback]340409[/snapback]​
:lol:

i always carry either a bag of things which i need.......or i take my dads credit card
that way if i dont have something on me i can just buy it.

usual things carried in my bag = keys, cell phone, deoderant, CD player and CD's, jacket, sunglasses, camera

Originally posted by MJCouture@Aug 21 2004, 01:00 AM
I don't expect a straight man to be walking down the street carrying a Balenciaga large moto, but it would obviously be more than fine.
That's what I don't understand about it! Why can't a straight man have nice things? Do bags, or any other fashionable item, = sexuality? I just think it's useful and while we're at it, why not make it better looking. I just wish it'll become more acceptable... :innocent:

Originally posted by MJCouture@Aug 21 2004, 01:00 AM

i couldn't agree with you more! :o

what did you mean by
'when I'm not in the city, some people can't handle it' :blink: ???

i dont get that at all

people are ignorant in the small towns and might give you a hard time by calling you effeminate for carrying a manbag, and things along those lines. it's gotten to the point where i can't even be myself in my hometown i go downtown so much just to be myself

dear god i just figured myself out..

thats so wierd.......i thought america was really liberal in those respects

here u can wear anything at anytime and nobody says anything

well bags are one thing, but if theyre shoulder bags and you're a guy. its insta-fem apparently.

What??? No offense meant, but where do you live, somewhere in the dark-ages? Loads of men carry shoulder-bags in Newcastle which is one of the most working-class, homogenous, homophobic cities in Britain... Do men seriously not carry shoulder bags where you're at?

I think it's completely absured how people think careying a bag is feminin :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->