Longchamp Totes

LOL I have two, one in an olive green and one in black. I like them because they are all-weather friendly...But then again I still carry a Kate Spade messenger so my fashion may be questionable at best, LOL!

i love them. i have a red large long handle that i used to use for school books. i need something that can handle dirt and i don't have to worry about knocking around. especially when i need to throw things like horse boots and half chaps in!

I have one and use it lots as it goes with just about everything. I see this around very rarely where I live, but in France that's a completely story. Nearly everyone seems to carry it there.

Bringing back an old thread here...

As annoying as it is that they are everywhere, I'm thinking of getting one—the Planetes Tonal in black; it's basically the same as the Pliage but the handles are black too so it's not quite the bag that everybody else has.

I'm trying to choose between two sizes, this (smaller) and this (larger). I want it to fit a standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch folder; the first one I've linked to says it's 10 x 13 in the dimensions, but because of the shape I'm not sure whether it would actually fit a folder. Anybody know?

north america is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind...

i lived in switzerland in spring and summer of 2004 and did a bunch of travelling between there and paris, and longchamp bags were all the rage... four years ago... now it's catching on at my university campus in montreal hahaB).

that being said, they are great school bags/beer carriers as someone else mentioned haha. i dont think they're particularly hideous at all..

i lived in switzerland for about 3-4 years as well and yeah it was the biggest trend..and i think it was fine for school cause it was a designer bag that you could actually fit your stuff nto and wouldnt care if you got the bag dirty or u got wear and tear because of carrying heavy books cause after all the bags not expensive at all.i dont mind them really. not my fave bag, its nothing special...but i still use mine to work when i have to carry loads..

oh and yeah it wasnt a big trend in london when i moved here, but lately ive been seeing more and more of these bags..

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody asked me via PM to post pics of my Pliage so I thought why not post them here. I don't see how this bag can be counterfeited (sp?) because it's super cheap and available... but you never know this day LOL

Crying Diamonds they are either nylon or leather, though the handles are always leather. as i said they're really cheap, around $100 for the largest one. They're actually perfect for the office, i can fit my entire wardrobe in there lol

i know its sad but i have seen replicas of this bag..:blink:they looked horrendous though...i mean fine the authentic is not the best looking bag in the world ubt its a useful bagand well the replicas just looked like they would fall apart..

it's funny everyone on forums considers them cheap. at 65€+ they're still not the cheapest choice for students and such lol

These are very common on campus here in Pittsbugh and I saw them everywhere when I lived in DC last summer. Even if they are (relatively) inexpensive, I think they are very functional for travel. I always bring a folded up tote in case I bought too many new things to pack in my luggage. And they're great to give as gifts (especially when you find them on sale). These are the ones I got from the saks sale:

3059482321_31e42f9f69.jpg

(my pic)

I gave the fig colored one to my fiance's mom and the pink one to my little sister for xmas.

very practical for me as i'm a mom of 3.
also use them to throw my more expensive handbags in there when it's raining, while traveling on plane, etc......

I think they look pretty rugged which is all you really need for a day to day bag for school or whatever

I got a large one to fold up and use as an extra travel bag (for all that shopping I'll do when on travel!), for a bag that I not worry about getting dirty if I am going someplace like the beach or an outdoor picnic and to but an Hermes Birkin (or any other designer bag really) in before placing it on the conveyer belt when travelling through security and I do not want to get it dirty/damaged. I didn't know about these bags until they were referred by others Hermes bag users who say they used it to protect their bags while travelling.

i find these bag very hard to like anymore, nearly every tacky girl in belgium has them -fake- in all the colours of the rainbow. So to appreciate a real one is quite hard :-)
it's like seeing a LV speedy dangling from some style-deprived chavvy teenager.
It ruins it for the real ones, you see.

i want to get a 'make your own' one that they have on the website! i was thinking of getting a big travel one for my mum for her bday and engrave her initials :smile:

Just wondering if anyone has used this as a carryon bag? With my new promotion comes some travel (once a month, at best) so I need a carryon. I'm looking at the Longchamp or just a plain LL Bean tote.
Thoughts??

Longchamp bags are weather resistant, I don't worry about my things getting wet, LL Bean totes are probably not all weather bags. :smile:

LifeNatureLove - I used to use mine as a carryon, I had the largest size Le Pliage and it worked well...

I used to have quite a few Le Pliage, and I found them really practical for throwing books/stuff in when I was on the move or going to classes etc. They are really durable, and sturdy, perfect for bad weather....I just got so sick of seeing EVERY single other girl on campus carrying one, it hit the UK a lot quicker than I thought it would, so I got rid of all of mine two years ago. I don't think I'm tempted to get any again, since they are everywhere and the fakes are rampant :doh: plus I don't see them as being that cheap considering what they really are...

Anyone owns a turquoise or bright blue or bluegreen le pliage? If yes please post a pic! I'm wondering whether it ever came out in my dream color. And I'm wondering what the current blue (Mediterranean something) is like

I see this bag everywhere in D.C. It fits the area as it's pretty conservative here. I think they're get for travel or as work totes, but not as a huge fashion trend. They're more classic like the LL Bean boat and totes are, just with a tad more style imo.

BTW, is this bag/brand popular *in* France, or is it like coach there? (popular but not high fashion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->