M.I.A.

t1larg.mia.jpg

M.I.A. opts to wear burqa to Scream Awards

When it comes time to decide between the safe fashion choice and the headline-creating option, it's not a surprise that M.I.A. would choose the latter.

The musician showed up at Spike TV's 2010 Scream Awards over the weekend wearing a burqa, a head-to-toe ensemble worn by some Muslim women. Even before M.I.A. decided to wear the outfit, burqas were making news because of a ban that will soon come into effect in France.

M.I.A.’s version was colorfully strewn with flowers and hearts along with the phrase “I love you."

Whatever fashion statement M.I.A. was aiming to make, she chose to wear a different eye-catching outfit for her performance, which included a blue wig and some very M.C. Hammer-esque pink pants. You can see it for yourself when the Scream Awards airs on Spike tonight at 9 p.m.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/19/m-i-a-opts-to-wear-burqa-to-scream-awards/

M.I.A. and Ryan McGinley, at Alexander Wang, Spring 2011

25m.jpg

style.com

I saw her a couple of weeks ago (in concert and backstage) and her platinum hair is AMAZING

Does it look different in person than in these pics here?

M.I.A. attends the Hogan by Karl Lagerfeld cocktail party during Paris Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2012 on March 4, 2011 in Paris, France.

wireimage

M.I.A attends the screening of 'W.E.' at The 55th BFI London Film Festival at Empire Leicester Square on October 23, 2011 in London, England.

1ldh5bxqttxy0yq6s7ov.jpg

mksqp22d14o5llg7a.jpg

Ferdaus Shamim/WireImage.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate it when I see girls with brown eyes do this, esp South Asian ones. Ugh

But looks very pretty in post 413, and she's recording!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been listening to her new single all morning long. Great new sound.. and awesome video too.. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->