Male Style Usa/italy

Great article!
I personally love the way the Italians dress :heart:

lol, that article is so true! I love Italian style too.

It's kind of biased, but not too much. There are plenty of guys who dress well in NYC, but the majority are still slobs. This article is championing the eurotrash look that I don't think is stylish and I am not fond of, so I can't relate to that. Do you guys reall think that wearing a tshirt that says "p*rn Star" is stylish?

And WTF is a man-bag?

"Americans shop at Gap because Gap clothes are guaranteed to be socially acceptable, neutral and dull."

That's seriously sad when you think about it. It's amazing that the majority of American guys are that insecure. I don't really know any guys who aren't like that, other than myself. :wink:

Faust, I agree those shirts sound ridiculous and trashy. "Man-bag" is the stupid term for any type of bag a man carries.

Originally posted by AlexN@Sep 1 2004, 02:03 PM
"Americans shop at Gap because Gap clothes are guaranteed to be socially acceptable, neutral and dull."

That's seriously sad when you think about it. It's amazing that the majority of American guys are that insecure. I don't really know any guys who aren't like that, other than myself. :wink:

Faust, I agree those shirts sound ridiculous and trashy. "Man-bag" is the stupid term for any type of bag a man carries.
[snapback]352733[/snapback]​

Everybody in NYC has a bag, whether you go to school or work. What's so special about a man carrying a bag? Weird.

Agreed about the Gap statement.

When I was in San Remo this summer the uniform of the teenage boy was a rugby inspired shirt with England written on or anything with references to England actually.

Personally I didn’t like the look at all, but naturally there were a lot of stylish people to.

The “RICH” John Richmond jeans were really popular to, btw.

And I can’t understand why anyone would look twice at a man carrying a bag (unless it’s a really cool bag off course… :innocent: )

Originally posted by faust@Sep 1 2004, 11:02 AM

And WTF is a man-bag?
[snapback]352731[/snapback]​

It's when I wear a carryall or a clutch :lol:

there are plenty of stylish men here in ny...especially the younger generation...
i agree with faust too...that most if not all men carry a bag of some sort...it's not unusual in any way...actually quite standard...

and by my standards a 'p*rn star' shirt is ******** and ridiculous...i laugh at people like that...it's the same guy who wears those idiotic trucker hats...not what i call style at all...and loads of men here wear cropped pants...we just don't call them capris...not even the gay gauys call them that...

anyway...the term metrosexual was coined here in america i believe... by the new york times...so that ought to tell you something...

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 1 2004, 09:20 PM
it's the same guy who wears those idiotic trucker hats...
[snapback]353549[/snapback]​

Seriously, how are those still even around?...

i don't know how well it applies in ny, but in southern california...it hits the nail on the head.

i know i've been called gay because of what i wear.

Originally posted by loserunit@Sep 1 2004, 11:26 PM
i know i've been called gay because of what i wear.
[snapback]353723[/snapback]​
Me too, here in Kansas City, Missouri.

high five.

ps i don't wear that outlandish clothing.

Originally posted by loserunit@Sep 1 2004, 11:48 PM
high five.

ps i don't wear that outlandish clothing.
[snapback]353746[/snapback]​
Me neither. But compared to what most other guys wear around here, I stick out like a sore thumb at times, which I like. And girls love it. :wink: I think it just makes other guys insecure, so they feel the need to be stupid about it to make themselves look more macho or whatever. :rolleyes:

yeah...i guess when i leave the city and travel around the country...even in the suburbs of ny...there is the very boring 'uniform' that the american male wears...
but i feel like the teens and twenty-somethings are more style conscious so it's changing... :buzz: !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->