Male Style Usa/italy

Originally posted by scandinavianchic@Sep 8 2004, 11:37 AM
Men from Stockholm in Sweden dress extremely well!
Or at least most of them do.. There are bad examples everywhere. :yuk:
And there are well-dressing men in the rest of Sweden too. My man lives in the south of Sweden but he dresses sharper than most Stockholm-men.. :heart: Just thougt I'd tell you.. :blush: Too bad I don't have any pics of him in my computer, 'cos I'd gladly share them with you!

Yes, that is of course true. I have seen hidious looking Stockholmers, but as a general rule, they dress well. I'm glad your man dresses sharp! :wink:

Originally posted by faust@Sep 8 2004, 07:59 AM
Rugged? That's such a gentle way to describe these stupid slobs.
[snapback]359213[/snapback]​
Today, my first teacher came into class with faded black tapered-leg jeans, Birkenstocks at least a full size too big, greasy long hair in a ponytail, and circular wire glasses. And his unironed, baggy "dress shirt" was sloppily tucked in in the front, and get this...he accidentally had the back of his shirt tucked into his white Hanes underwear. I felt so bad for him; he's a really nice guy. :rolleyes:

No offense to anyone here, but the Italian men described in the article don't sound fashion forward at all to me. "p*rn Star" t-shirts? Tight jeans? Messenger bags? They sound like metro fashion victims of the highest order.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Sep 8 2004, 12:15 PM
No offense to anyone here, but the Italian men described in the article don't sound fashion forward at all to me. "p*rn Star" t-shirts? Tight jeans? Messenger bags? They sound like metro fashion victims of the highest order.
[snapback]359419[/snapback]​

yep, that's what I said too.

Originally posted by AlexN@Sep 8 2004, 12:10 PM
Today, my first teacher came into class with faded black tapered-leg jeans, Birkenstocks at least a full size too big, greasy long hair in a ponytail, and circular wire glasses. And his unironed, baggy "dress shirt" was sloppily tucked in in the front, and get this...he accidentally had the back of his shirt tucked into his white Hanes underwear. I felt so bad for him; he's a really nice guy. :rolleyes:
[snapback]359418[/snapback]​

Academia is excused :lol: . I am planning to be the only well dressed professor. The thing is, the concept of fashion has been (irreversibly I'm afraid) perverted in the American society. It's a totally bipolar thing now, on one hand we have the fashionistas and the hollywould that have elevated clothes into a shallow material fetish, on the other hand is the camp that has been completely repulsed by the former group. That leaves the likes of me (those who appreciate fashion for the artfulness, creativity, craftmanship and quality) in the aesthetical desert. Beleive me, all of my friends are intellectuals, and none of them could give a flying f&*k about the material. It is only on tFS that I've found people who have the same view of fashion as myself.

all my 'intellectual' friends are also creative types and appreciate design of every sort...it's not a material thing...it's an aesthetical thing...as you said faust... plenty of creative and stylish people are quite bright...

i resent the sterotype that if you like fashion you must not care about more weighty issues...this forum is a perfect example of that...

sorry...but since it's my profession as well as my passion...i feel the neeed to defend it...

you know i love you faust... ^_^ :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 8 2004, 12:30 PM
all my 'intellectual' friends are also creative types and appreciate design of every sort...it's not a material thing...it's an aesthetical thing...as you said faust... plenty of creative and stylish people are quite bright...

i resent the sterotype that if you like fashion you must not care about more weighty issues...this forum is a perfect example of that...

sorry...but since it's my profession as well as my passion...i feel the neeed to defend it...

you know i love you faust... ^_^ :flower:
[snapback]359435[/snapback]​

I resent that stereotype too!!! And I love you too, of course :flower:

Originally posted by AlexN@Sep 8 2004, 01:10 PM
[snapback]359418[/snapback]​

Well at least he's being himself. I don't think he should be judged for that. Not everyone knows (or cares, for that matter) about fashion and I hate it when fashion people pass judgment on those who aren't gussied up in the latest Gucci or Prada. :sick: I think it would be even more alarming if your professor showed up to class in Prada Sport clamdiggers, a Dolce logo tank top, and some tacky manbag on his shoulder. Hopefully he has the resolve to ride out this disgusting, emasculating wave of metrosexuality and won't become another tragic victim of it.

I say: Bravo to your teacher! :clap:

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Sep 8 2004, 12:45 PM
Well at least he's being himself. I don't think he should be judged for that. Not everyone knows (or cares, for that matter) about fashion and I hate it when fashion people pass judgment on those who aren't gussied up in the latest Gucci or Prada. :sick: I think it would be even more alarming if your professor showed up to class in Prada Sport clamdiggers, a Dolce logo tank top, and some tacky manbag on his shoulder. Hopefully he has the resolve to ride out this disgusting, emasculating wave of metrosexuality and won't become another tragic victim of it.

[snapback]359449[/snapback]​

:rofl: :clap: :smartass:

I think it would be even more alarming if your professor showed up to class in Prada Sport clamdiggers, a Dolce logo tank top, and some tacky manbag on his shoulder.

yes...that would be alarming... :P :innocent:

If you're implying what I think you're implying, you took my post the wrong way. It was simply an example of the "stereotypical American man's style," with a funny underwear mishap thrown in for good measure. I don't judge people based on their clothes, because I don't like being judged based upon what I'm wearing, either. The coolest thing about the teacher I mentioned is the fact that he doesn't care about how anyone perceives him. He's completely comfortable wearing whatever he wants, ill-fitting as it all may be. And he's completely comfortable wearing the same jeans every single day. Not too many people can say that. I know it'd make me feel weird.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Sep 8 2004, 07:15 PM
[snapback]359419[/snapback]​

I've never seen italian men wear p*rn star t-shirts... Have seen a lot of American teens a couple of yrs ago, though... (and Norwegian teens in the end of the 90s) :innocent:

Men in Europe wear slimmer jeans than american guys, that's just the way fashion is here (I'm not talking skin tight, but a slim fit)...

Originally posted by AlexN@Sep 8 2004, 04:28 PM
If you're implying what I think you're implying, you took my post the wrong way. It was simply an example of the "stereotypical American man's style," with a funny underwear mishap thrown in for good measure. I don't judge people based on their clothes, because I don't like being judged based upon what I'm wearing, either. The coolest thing about the teacher I mentioned is the fact that he doesn't care about how anyone perceives him. He's completely comfortable wearing whatever he wants, ill-fitting as it all may be. And he's completely comfortable wearing the same jeans every single day. Not too many people can say that. I know it'd make me feel weird.
[snapback]359701[/snapback]​

No, Alex, I wasn't attacking you per se. It's just a certain train of thought that annoys me a bit. My basic point is: some people are totally oblivious to fashion and that is totally 100% acceptable. The way you described your professor may be disgusting to some, but I'm sure I'd find it charming if I saw him in person.

:flower:

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Sep 8 2004, 05:41 PM
My basic point is: some people are totally oblivious to fashion and that is totally 100% acceptable. The way you described your professor may be disgusting to some, but I'm sure I'd find it charming if I saw him in person.

:flower:
[snapback]359857[/snapback]​

Especially after you'd realise that he has at least half a brain (and maybe even a full brain). What I find discouraging is not that some (many) intelligent people are oblivious to fashion, but that they actually hate it for the material fetish it has become. Sad but true.

Originally posted by scandinavianchic@Sep 8 2004, 03:54 PM

Men in Europe wear slimmer jeans than american guys, that's just the way fashion is here (I'm not talking skin tight, but a slim fit)...
[snapback]359737[/snapback]​

Americans wear bigger jeans than Europeans for the simple fact that they can no longer fit into slim jeans as 85 % of Americans are obese. LOL. :lol:

As for me, I'm a Canadian - with a six pack. :P

Originally posted by Hed_Kandi@Sep 16 2004, 01:29 AM
Americans wear bigger jeans than Europeans for the simple fact that they can no longer fit into slim jeans as 85 % of Americans are obese. LOL. :lol:

[snapback]369016[/snapback]​

I got a six pack in my fridge.

Originally posted by Hed_Kandi@Sep 15 2004, 11:29 PM

[snapback]369016[/snapback]​

Labatt's?

I had a six pack, but I drank it.

Originally posted by faust@Sep 16 2004, 07:40 AM
I got a six pack in my fridge.
[snapback]369147[/snapback]​

six pack is disgusting... I hate guys who have six packs.... so f*cking hard to touch... I like guys who are toned but 6 packs.. ugh... :doh: its like making out with a wall :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->