MDC (Models.com) Rankings

The way they removed Doutzen and Isabeli it seems something personal lol
I can say the same about Candice Swanepoel.. bc she is doing big things like vogue cover,estee lauder campaign, carolina herrera campaign etc

Last edited:
Also Constance Jablonski is no industry icon anymore

There are no new supers. Ask the general public and they won't know who Anok is, or Precious, or Paloma, or Imaan. That list is completely irrelevant and exists only to keep the agencies who pay MDC money happy. They should just keep it to Industry Icon.

Removed from Icons:
Alessandra Ambrosio
Julia Stegner
Kasia Struss
Daria Strokous
Lily Donaldson
Isabeli Fontana
Constance Jablonski

Removed from Supers:
Doutzen Kroes
Anja Rubik (Added to Icons)
Adriana Lima (Added to Icons)
Natasha Poly (Added to Icons)
Lara Stone (Added to Icons)
Laetitia Casta (added to Icons)
Liya Kebede (added to icons)

Finally also Agyness is off the Icons, I mean she worked like 2 years and that was 15 years ago. I'd love to see Paulina Porizkova to get acknowledged.

I don't take these rankings seriously.
It's a carousel; who goes up, who goes down.
Everything is cyclical.

Natasha Poly for me will always be one of the few supermodels.

I don't get it why do they have to remove models from the "icons" list, they represent the models industry and always will, it doesn't change....

I don't get it why do they have to remove models from the "icons" list, they represent the models industry and always will, it doesn't change....

It’s baffling to me because how can someone become less iconic? Sure they might slow down in their work naturally but once an icon always an icon in my opinion.

Personally I’m upset about Alessandra Ambrosio. She might not have blue chip campaigns every season but she’s modeled consistently every season for 25 years internationally and to have lasted that long is a testament to her iconic status IMO.

Very disrespectful what they did with isabeli Fontana... i mean she's been around since i don't know..1999 or less..57 vogue covers, including 5x vogue paris, 3x vogue italia, 2x vogue us, louis vuitton, versace, chanel, valentino, hermes, balenciaga campaigns, pirelli calendar.

The "New Supers" list is terrifying.

It seems more a list of social media stars.

How can be compared Kaia to girls with over 20 years in the industry like Natasha o Carmen?

Cara could have become a supermodel, but she stepped out of the business too quickly.

Here in Italy, 9 people out of 10 don't know Vittoria Ceretti.

She never appeared on television.

Bianca Balti, for example, is much more famous.

Hoyeon is known for "Squid Game", not for her run in fashion.

Very disrespectful what they did with isabeli Fontana... i mean she's been around since i don't know..1999 or less..57 vogue covers, including 5x vogue paris, 3x vogue italia, 2x vogue us, louis vuitton, versace, chanel, valentino, hermes, balenciaga campaigns, pirelli calendar.
True… She never stopped working, I'm Brazilian and I don't even like her very much, but her leaving and girls like Stam, Trentini and Gemma (who even disappeared for DECADES) staying is very unfair!

Here in Italy, 9 people out of 10 don't know Vittoria Ceretti.

She never appeared on television.

Bianca Balti, for example, is much more famous.

Hoyeon is known for "Squid Game", not for her run in fashion.

Vittoria did Sanremo in 2021. As idiotic as I find that programme, it is arguably one of the biggest annual tv events in Italy. I get your point though about her popularity.

The changes are a joke. You cannot take these names off the industry icons list while keeping the likes of Christina Kruse whose career doesn't compare to that of say Kasia or Alessandra but especially Isabeli. They really have an odd definition of who is an icon and reminds an icon over at models.com. Of course these models work less and less as the years go by but you cannot celebrate some veterans that were popular in the late 90s for popping up on the Proenza runway and maybe a random Czech Vogue cover after decades of absence only to vanish again, but discredit others. And how does Meghan Collison or Catherine McNeil justify Industry Icon The Establishment status when you look at the runway, magazine and advertisement record of for example Julia Stegner circa 2003-2010. Devon Aoki? I'd definitely say she is an icon (and cool ofc) and she has done Acne and LV recently but where has she been the last 20 years and where will she be the next 2 years?

I'm too lazy to look into which agencies the models that stayed models.com icons are signed with and of course we all know the list is a joke anyways but whoever edits it should at least try to be objective. Or maybe delete the whole thing altogether but I guess it is one of the most visited page and by that gives them high domaine rankings. Do they sell links over at models.com?

The fairest thing for this Models.com ranking would be to separate the current models from those that have been established from a time determined by the MDC team within the criteria to enter the rankings!

The "New Supers" list is terrifying.

It seems more a list of social media stars.

How can be compared Kaia to girls with over 20 years in the industry like Natasha o Carmen?

Cara could have become a supermodel, but she stepped out of the business too quickly.

Cara who? Surely not Delevigne? Although she apparently announced she'd quit modeling once but that never happened. MDC rankings may suck but just check their archive about her work.

If you want to see which agencies MDC really favors, take a look at the Hot List. There are girls who have been with Agency A for years, never got mentioned by MDC, then they move to Agency B and get hot listed within a week. A month goes by, two months, and the girls still has no work to justify why they were suddenly pushed by MDC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jxxn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->