Melbourne Nightscene

thanks stylesavvy,
daytime Australian style would be much appreciated
there are some real stylish people out there in
and yes, sure the healthy 'natural' tan helps them all look so gorgeous

(makes a vow to start going to the beachhh its only like six blocks from where i type and its sunny and warm hmmm )

I like white porceline skin it's beautiful just think of kate bostworth or rose mcgowen or even the gorgeous snow white:P Im not pale but I rarely ever tan I think it's stupid why would you risk cancer to have a few weeks of orangy skin?

WOW! I would love to party in Melbourne. I'd rather look at those people then look at the girls that dress like p*rn stars. I could care less if its generic. I love crazy colors, lots of necklaces and loud, crazy people. <3 I'm in love.

heya! i'm abt to leave for melbourne to study in early july! any fashion advice on what to wear? or any hella cool shops/places i must must drop by? hee... :smile:

Wear whatever you want! Melbourne is a mix of absolutely everything...just be warned our weather is always spastic. It can be rainy and cold one day and really sunny and warm the next - so pack warm and cold clothes :smile:. You might wanna leave some space in your suitcase because there are many awesome shopping spots you might wanna stop by....

1. The City! Try Collins St, Bourke St...just wonder around and you'll find your own gems.
2. Chapel St in Prahan - very trendy down there. its got heaps of cool shops (bettina liano and cjuba!), cafes and nightclubs...
3. Chadstone Shopping Center dubbed 'The Fashion Capital'
4. Bridge Road in Richmond - leading australian labels at good prices
5. Ackland St in St Kilda - kinda retro, boho type shopping. By the beach...very nice.

Feel free to PM if want to know anything else. :smile:

eeeeep its my first post! i thought i should make my debut in a thread about my beautiful homeland, australia :heart:....in fact my username is a play on the stereotype that has been ascribed to australians by certain foreigners. english people im looking at you! hahaha :P
anyway i love most of those fotos! SO CUTE! they are so summery and happy. i live in sydney but the style is very similar. im actually suprised at the vibrant colours in those pics because melburnians tend to dress a bit more conservatively than sydneysiders. we are definitely more tarty up here...lol. theres a few guys in there who have shocking outfits on, the one with the blonde straightened hair and the headband...ewwww. thats so not representative of what aussie guys wear. aussie guys are so freakin hot, but theres no fotos showing that. how dissapointing!

hahaha everyone looks a) really drunk and b) really tanned. definitely common theme in australia! we have alot of fun down here, and don't take ourselves too seriously. we dress pretty casually in comparision to alot of countries. i think the clothes reflect the lifestyle....we worship the sun, booze and having an awesome time in general. i reccomend you all come down here and get on the piss with us :flower:

I like that alot borders on 80's ness. I like the stone washed mini skirts and off the shoulder tops. Yes, alot of these clothes are ugly though, but I like elements of them. (leopard print, fuschia, 80's)...just not done this cheaply.

my first post...i'm from melbourne and let me just say that is just a small proportion of the demographic of what people wear down here. most of the people in those pics are off chops, so that's why they're all sweaty. the people that go to prince (the nightclub where the pics where taken) tend to dress really generic and there's no really individuality, but the people of melbourne are a bit more funkier and individual when you actually walk around the city, fitzroy and st kilda etc

sorry rant over :blush:

Little Star said:
1. The City! Try Collins St, Bourke St...just wonder around and you'll find your own gems.
2. Chapel St in Prahan - very trendy down there. its got heaps of cool shops (bettina liano and cjuba!), cafes and nightclubs...
3. Chadstone Shopping Center dubbed 'The Fashion Capital'
4. Bridge Road in Richmond - leading australian labels at good prices
5. Acland St in St Kilda - kinda retro, boho type shopping. By the beach...very nice.

also brunswick st can be good, similar to acland st

^ thanks for your local insight, schmem, and welcome to tfs - any chance you'd be bold enough to capture some melbourne streetstyle pics for us? :wink:

that girl with the blue giraffe print dress and gold lizard boots... love that.

oh pleeeease keep the pics coming! Daytime Melbourne would be so appreciated! I'm immigrating there in Novemeber - yikees!

What a happy cheery thread :wink:

Wow Melbourne is so colourful!
Cairns is much more laid back fashionwise,
The mixing of locals and backpackers can be a very interesting experience though :P

Most of us go out in flats and thongs up here :blush:

I would post some pics if I could find anyone remotely fashionable :P maybe I should go out there and take pics! lol.

This pic was taken of me and my friends at the same club, but you'll notice we all have waaaay different tastes... I tried to capture from head to foot to give a better idea of what we wear

melbourneclubstyleatdeepdish9605.jpg

Th one in the middle looks like she'd mesh in well with the other clubers pictured previously^ I really like her jeans.

are you the one on the left uniquechic? that green skirt is fab. :woot:

Yea, that's me. The skirt was a total find...it was hidden on a table and fell out after i picked something else up. The pricetag was wrong, but since it was the last they have it to me for half price! :stuart: Glad you like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->