Miuccia Prada - Designer, Co-Creative Director of Prada & Creative Director of Miu Miu

What happened with her this season? The "models" for Prada menswear and Miu Miu were so awful, also some girls in the Prada ad :(

2011-09-Prada-Made-in-India.jpg

Texas-based lifestyle blogger Mary Rambin stopped by her local Saks Fifth Avenue this week to check out the new Prada handbag collection—and get this, the new, more expensive, limited-edition Prada bags are no longer made in Italy. They're made in India—and they all sport labels to prove it.

But how is it possible that by saving money on shipping materials and manufacturing, Prada can jack up their prices? Who knows. Rambin explains that it's because the "Made in India" label is a limited-time exclusive:

Most of their leather comes from India all the time and is shipped to Italy for manufacturing, hence the “Made in Italy” label. But now they’re ditching the shipping and high labor costs and simply constructing the bags in India. They save some major money and guess what, charge us more for the “exclusive.”

racked

^^^ No no no. That comes from a series of bags and shoes that were made all over the world. India, Peru (?) and another country. This started in Spring 2011 and its a new line. Not sure if it will continue.

The normal bags and shoes are still 100% made in Italy. This wont change anytime soon. Prada has made a huge investment into their factories in Italy. Only the Prada Linea Rossa and special lines are outsourced.

:flower:

Those bags are hand woven in India. All of the woven pieces including shoes and bags from SS11 are made there as well. Supposedly they are the best at that craft.

Excerpt of an interview with Madison Leyes, Prada exclusive from Spring 2012 season by nymag.com
You were placed on exclusive with Prada and Miu Miu this past show season.
It was pretty intense. I worked with Miuccia [Prada] and her team every day — including weekends — for about a month, until the collection was designed. I didn’t even know that I was even being considered to walk. I thought I was just doing the looks, and I was happy doing that.

What do you remember most about the show?
Well, it’s funny because I don’t really remember the show. As soon as I got off the runway I was like, “Whoa, did I just do that?!” I was so focused, and on top of that, when we were ready to walk out, I was [somehow] under the impression that it was rehearsal. So I got out on the catwalk and I was like, “Oh! Not rehearsal!” You can actually see the change in my face.

How was it working with Miuccia?
Actually, right before I got out on the runway, she was holding my hand — as I thought it was a rehearsal. She’s very reserved, but not cold. She’s just very focused on what she’s doing. When you see her smile, though, you know she’s genuinely happy. She’s not someone who does the fake, cold smile.

had to post this here. miuccia + the actors that walked the fw 12-13 show backstage. from tim roth's twitter:

tumblr_lxuxvfkMpm1qedfm0o2_500.jpg

adding these, once again from tim roth's twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview US February 2012
Miuccia Prada (8p)
by Sonnet Stanfill
Ph: Mikael Jansson
St: Karl Templer
Hair: Mark Hampton
Make-up: Francelle
Manicure: Gina Edwards

streeters.com via bilquis