Model Casting S/S 10

Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
It's become a seasonal tradition, so here we go again! The thread to discuss anything concerning the casting and the line-ups of all S/S 10 runway shows. Who cast what? What show had a great or horrible cast and why? Are their any trends surfacing concerning casts? Are things changing or staying the same? Is there more diversity or are there even more blondes than last season? What new girls are taking the runways by storm or who is disappearing? Who did you hear got confirmation for that big show, or who should get one? Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera....

Enjoy the coming month everybody...yay for fashionweek :woot:

Definitely yay for fashion week :woot:
Thanks for starting thread Mr Dale! I'll start.. I noticed that at BCBG were mostly new faces and I think that those girls are the ones we must watch out this fw , I really loved the line up for this show but I guess there is a lot more to come ...
I am super exited about exclusives this seasson.

lots of girls who I thought would be at BCBG were not.. we'll see how castings go though, its only been 1 day

Wow so cool so BCBG was opened by Hollands next top Model and closed by Germany's next top model!

There are no rules!

I wonder if this economy will force designers to hire less well known models since they'd be cheaper.

I wonder if this economy will force designers to hire less well known models since they'd be cheaper.
I was thinking the same thing. :huh: Probably it girls will walk just major shows and for minor ones they'll book new girl.

I only recognised Jac and Sophie Srej at BCBG. So freaky not seeing any of the big names there!

I only recognised Jac and Sophie Srej at BCBG. So freaky not seeing any of the big names there!

omfg finally someone pointed it out! majority of the cast was new:shock:
Hated it though....i want my big name girls there....vlada...anabela..

noticed that at BCBG were mostly new faces and I think that those girls are the ones we must watch out this fw

There were so many new girls that it'll be interesting to see which ones Russell Marsh sticks with.

Wow so cool so BCBG was opened by Hollands next top Model and closed by Germany's next top model!
Oh really... wow that's quite unexpected :blink: :lol:

I think there will be lots of other new faces in the upcoming big shows in NY, but I am more excited to see the casting in London by Russell Marsh.

There are no rules!
Ohh... I think that's quite cool ^_^ Usually the fashion industry likes to stay far away from NTM :wink:

Yes...all the new faces :doh:

But that's not necessarily bad, IMO. I just can't help wondering if the bigger names will be in less shows :(

BCBG Analysis

Dorothea & BCBG should never be together at the same sentence, except if followed by a "doesn't belong to". My opinion.

About the NTM girls, Patricia looks very BCBG. Vanessa doesn't.

The Good - means that the model is good/very good for the brand.
The Bad - means that the model doesn't match the aesthetic of the brand very much, but can do as a filler.
The Just Plain Awful - means the model and the brand should never be in the same sentence, except if followed by a "doesn't belong to".

The Good
Patricia Van Der Vliet
Lisanne DeJong
Anastasia Kuznetsova
Monika Jagaciak
Julija Steponaviciute
Debora Muller
Nicola Haffamns
Imogen Morris Clarke

The Bad
Vanessa Hagelmaier
Anya Kazakova
Sophie Srej
Katie Fogarty
Jacqueline Jablonski
Gracie Carvalho

The Just Plain Awful
Marike Le Roux
Dorothea Barth Jorgensen
Yulia Leontieva
Frida Gustavsson

BCBG Analysis

Dorothea & BCBG should never be together at the same sentence, except if followed by a "doesn't belong to". My opinion.

About the NTM girls, Patricia looks very BCBG. Vanessa doesn't.

The Good - means that the model is good/very good for the brand.
The Bad - means that the model doesn't match the aesthetic of the brand very much, but can do as a filler.
The Just Plain Awful - means the model and the brand should never be in the same sentence, except if followed by a "doesn't belong to".

The Good
Patricia Van Der Vliet
Lisanne DeJong
Anastasia Kuznetsova
Monika Jagaciak
Julija Steponaviciute
Debora Muller
Nicola Haffamns
Imogen Morris Clarke

The Bad
Vanessa Hagelmaier
Anya Kazakova
Sophie Srej
Katie Fogarty
Jacqueline Jablonski
Gracie Carvalho

The Just Plain Awful
Marike Le Roux
Dorothea Barth Jorgensen
Yulia Leontieva
Frida Gustavsson
Well... interesting :lol: But why you think that Frida Gustavsson doesn't fir BCBG? I think she looked extra hot, same as Yulia. About the rest I could even agree!

I hardly agree with anything on that list :lol: But to each their own.

The BCBG casting was rather unimpressive. It gave us a taste of RM's preferences, but I don't think it'll be significant for the rest of the season.

It's not like Russell's the only influential casting director anyway, though his other shows will probably be more telling. Besides I guess there are still quite a few girls on hold for a CK exclusive and the ones who get cancelled late obviously won't do much else in NY. Things will change in Europe as usual, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->