Model Casting F/W 09.10

so how many exclusives were there actually, like 15? :lol:
though i guess some of the runway retirees weren't exclusive, per se

Wow,Adriana!:woot:That is a really big surprise!

And I don't know many models from the list:judge:

The casting seems more random than anything to me. Good to see some veterans but it almost seems "look at me gimmicky" to me.

On paper it really does seem all over the place. Not very coherent.

But it's something different for a casting season that, in my own opinion, has been awfully bland as a whole.

Can't say I'm very excited about the new faces, although there are one or two gems.

Givenchy is officially the new Prada-although this is more exciting about the faces that are the veterans. Two of my favourites-Ujjwala and Leticia? Sold.

I think the most surprising was Valentina at Givenchy. Does Ralph Lauren know about this? :lol:

ETA: I'm not too familiar with her career, but before her RL exclusive, was she a favourite at Givenchy?

^:lol:, I can't picture Valentina anywhere except RL these days...

any idea who's the casting director for Givenchy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really loving the Givenchy casting.. maybe its missing a few models that i think are perfect for the brand
but the newcomers are 50% awesome
and the veterans are great

I think the most surprising was Valentina at Givenchy. Does Ralph Lauren know about this? :lol:

ETA: I'm not too familiar with her career, but before her RL exclusive, was she a favourite at Givenchy?

It's not too hard to believe for me since a couple of seasons ago Valentina still did shows in Milan like Miss Bikini...:lol: Truly glad to see her at Givenchy, though!

Awesome cast at Givenchy... yes it was random, but that might be the point!
Like a great party.. inviting all these cool different people that you like as individuals... not as a coherent cast like as if they were a team of matching horses or something... but a bunch of great and individual humans... love to see Ujwala, Valentina, Catherine, iris.. slightly confused about Cato, who i find v. boring myself.. but overall a great and interesting cast!

i didnt found anything special about the casting...it seems everybody is trying really hard to be THE show and create some hype..some girls were just misplaced.

Daiane Conterato and Marina Perez, who always does Givenchy, this season they two are out of the casting...

And lets not forget Lousie Pedersen at Givenchy. She is also a very unexpected face to see on the Paris runway again. A very nice suprise next to the other older girls. Too bad Dewi was not around. Itwas also good to see Jessica Miller.

I half expected Hannelore and Anne Catherine Lacroix to pop up as well :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know why Siri wasn't at Karl Lagerfeld and Fendi?

Maybe he's over her like he's over Snejana. It's all about Heidi, Toni, Edita and Sigrid for him now.

I don't get the fuss about Givenchy. Sure, they called in lots of old ladies, and they went for something different, which is nice. But are we so desperate for variation that any kind of different - good or bad - will do? The casting was all over the place, and notably sub-par in the new girls department. Until they bring out some hidden gems and get the season's best new faces, I definitely don't see it being "the new Prada". Even lackluster Prada (with the possible exception of this awful season) wins over this mess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->