Model Casting S/S 10

I'd say at least 40% of the campaigns are usually shot in NY..and shoot locations change all the time.
The last Balenciaga campaign with Jennifer Connelly was shot in Paris and the new fragrance campaign in LA....so the location of the campaign shoot is not a given fact.

I think it's for Balenciaga, someone mentinoed it

Jacquelyn Jablonski apparently shot something big also..

Jersey-born Jacquelyn (no relation to Constance, incidentally – despite being asked all the time!) popped in to see us straight from shooting a huge spring/summer 2010 advertising campaign (“Shhh, I can’t tell you what yet!”). The 18-year-old is one of the current gang of “new face to big name in one show season” models that we’ll be seeing on billboards come summer. Favourite shows included Chanel (for romping around in the straw to Lily Allen’s live soundtrack), Lanvin and Givenchy – we couldn’t keep our eyes off her Givenchy studded tee!

vogue uk

She's in London too! Along with Lisanne and Patricia? I bet it's Miu Miu :wink:

well someone in the campaigns thread said Jacquelyn shot Celine by Jeurgen Teller.. along with Carmen Kass and .. the girl who opened Christopher Kane.. i can't spell her name lol.. Valerija?

Its always the second season that I judge whether a model will stay big, If a model is Prada/Klien/Givenchy etc. exclusive and has a pretty low key second season, if there still not exclusives, then they are pretty much doomed.

Exclusives are a dangerous thing IMO, they can help you ALOT and they can hurt you even WORST, look at Ymre:innocent:...

Don't know about the last.. I know for a fact she didn't even appear in London, Milan and Paris because of school. She put that first, but still not sure if she did appear that she has that much shows..

And Nils how'd you know they didn't shoot together? You ask on her hyves? My picks are defo the 4 Dutchies.

^Lisanne was there 2 days earlier, and when Patricia posted that she was going to London, Lisanne asked to meet up because she was in London as well, so if they were going to be on the same shoot, I don't think Lisanne would've asked it. But I'm not sure though, Lisanne didn't know what Patricia was going to shoot. Maybe Patricia arrived later?

Maybe you should stop speculating about this based on what you read on models' profiles on network sites....most have their profiles on private for a reason

Sorry style expert, but Patricia's hyves profile is not private. It's like speculating with a little more information, I don't see what's wrong with that, to be honest. :unsure:

just because it's not private it and you can read it, doesn't mean it's ok to post private information on here...I guess soon or late she will set her profile on private if she realises all her conversations end up over the internet

Well Style Expert, if that's the case she would set her profile on private. I don't see what's wrong with it either, because of that I know that for example Ymre missed London, Paris and Milan beacuse of school. Lots of Dutch models have hyves: Kim, Lara, Cato, Bette, Ymre, Nimue, Lisanne, Mirte, Patricia, Bregje and only Lara, Nimue, Cato messages are private, Lisanne and Mirte profile. Ymre, Bregje accept everyone as a friend. So they know how it works and they read fashion Spot to so it's their choice really.

And thanks Nills for answering my question.

I know it's kinda' late for this but most of the top newcomers this SS/10 got a huge boost from Russell Marsh :wink: In NY models like Anastasia, Frida, Mirte & Jacquelyn propelled while in Europe, Patricia, Rasa, Bregje, Valerija, Nicole, Debora, Lisanne & Lindsay emerged victorious! Russell is indeed a star maker :D

On the other side, I heard that Sasha "fierce" Pivovarova, Patricia, Frida and others got cut minutes before the Miu Miu show...Miuccia thinks they don't "fit" her SS/10 collection! so mean! but I still lover her :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the "cutting" work? So the casting director casts them only to have the designer disagree at the last minute?

How does the "cutting" work? So the casting director casts them only to have the designer disagree at the last minute?

Russell chooses a lot of models as options but if Miuccia doesn't like you...No Prada or Miu Miu :wink:

On the other side, I heard that Sasha "fierce" Pivovarova, Patricia, Frida and others got cut minutes before the Miu Miu show...Miuccia thinks they don't "fit" her SS/10 collection! so mean! but I still lover her :lol:

It had nothing to do with the models themselves, just with the looks they were wearing. Their looks got cut out of the show and because most models just wear one look, they couldn't walk the show. It had nothing to do with Miuccia disliking the models...

^Oh thank you for clearing that up. But who decides upon their look? Are they assigned them when they are casted?

It had nothing to do with the models themselves, just with the looks they were wearing. Their looks got cut out of the show and because most models just wear one look, they couldn't walk the show. It had nothing to do with Miuccia disliking the models...

That makes much more sense. Thanks for explaining.

Imo Pucci had one of the best modelcast.
They were lots of Newcomers (like Bregje, Keke,Ranya) and established models (Mariacarka,Carmen,Lily, Freja)
And my fav models opened (Jac) and closed (Natasha)
The perfect mix. Great ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->