Model Casting S/S 2022

Loved the Lanvin casting!!
Every time i see Carmen on a runway i get super excited,favorite catwalker ever!

Tindi's just too short. If she had proportions like, say, Quinn, she'd be everywhere, but her height is quite noticeable. Same with Mao Xiaoxing (+ erratic management). I was still hoping to see more of Tindi on the heels of her VP cover, but stylists are picky. Lola Nicon is another one that simply doesn't fit the runway mold. But she already bagged more covers and campaigns than your average career total. It's worse if you're essentially a filler fading because casting directors are bored of you, or going from top walker to nothing because your physique changed in the most minor of ways.
If I could like this twice, I would. Practically every shorter model hasn't been doing too well this season. It sucks when they have superb proportions to match, because... then it only boils down to numbers on a comp card, but I digress. (to my knowledge, Akon Changkou is quite short, but she's listed as 5'9 on agency websites & booking superbly, so I'm very well convinced it does come down to stats.) And I'm sick of models under management that clearly only try to get them bookings, regardless of the notoriety of the client and/or what the job may be preventing in the grander scheme of possible jobs, for the sake of money. It's so obvious... Mao is Exhibit A.

With that being said, Lanvin's casting was a MASTERPIECE. Nice to see Naomi finally get some damn justice with the camera on her for a good 3 minutes straight in the live stream of the show. And Elise & Carmen walking... HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

I quite like Majesty Amare, easily the biggest new face of the season. Those eyes are piercing :cool:

Sherry Shi has been doing very well too. Steady bookings across the cities.

Chloe Oh has also been very steady and consistent.

Last edited:
In love with new faces Majesty Amare and Mohamadou! Hopefully they will going places!

Lanvins casting today was fantastic! Great example of how a good model can elevate a look….

While some girls are maybe slowing down shows (Binx, Lexi for example) but they still have huge carreers, some girls really disappeared: Lea Julian, Camille Hurel, Greta Varlese, Nina Marker, Faretta, Ratner, Bente Oort, Birgit Kos. I wonder if Luna will walk Chanel next tuesday.

Wow, Ann Demeulemeester had a strong cast. Not in terms of hot new faces, but established models.

I’m sure either Ashley or Piergiorgio casted, cause that was easily the best cast of Paris. Laura Reyes is killing it too.

Ann Demeulemeester was an awful collection but the casting was superb, very similar to Raf's but it's probably because Rizzo did the styling...I've never had any problem with the same models walking every show for half a decade, as long as they're good, it elevates even the worst of shows. Only god knows why nowadays it's so trendy to hire just about anyone...

I've missed Trentini so much, so nice seeing her at Lanvin, I know after a solid 10 years of seeing nothing but her face jumping up and down the pages of US Vogue people grew sick of her...but to me, she's still divine.

Is Christy Turlington in Paris ? She post a throwback picture with Virginie Viard and Naomi , I wonder if they might be doing Chanel but I doubt it ( pure speculation)

Did I just saw Iris Strubegger at Chanel!? Looveee

^only Marte Mei van Haaster and regulars: Ewers and Amanda Sanchez were the only elders in a sea of teens

Seems like Vivienne Rohner is the new Chanel's muse. Happy for her because she wasn't doing so much shows in Milan and Paris .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->